coaching and scheme hold Pack back

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another tough loss to end what was a another promising year. Ive watched the film and there is talent all over the roster to where this team should not be underachieving the way they are. Someone mentioned earlier about MM and his status. Is it wrong to believe that MM and his short comings as the HC is the reason why this team is at home watching? Same could be said about Capers. Im not saying fire MM...just yet. However Capers has to go and w need to bring in a offensive coordinator thats not wishy washy.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Please remember that our current OC is new to the job and still probably adjusting. He will get better at advising MM, even if he IS a QB coach.

Plenty of talent, need more heart.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tough loss but I hope people don't overreact. This team is competitive on many levels. It's amazing we made the playoffs with our injuries.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another tough loss to end what was a another promising year. Ive watched the film and there is talent all over the roster to where this team should not be underachieving the way they are. Someone mentioned earlier about MM and his status. Is it wrong to believe that MM and his short comings as the HC is the reason why this team is at home watching? Same could be said about Capers. Im not saying fire MM...just yet. However Capers has to go and w need to bring in a offensive coordinator thats not wishy washy.

The lack of talent on the D side of the ball at the end of the year right up the heart of the D was pretty evident. The packers had 1 starting caliber LB out of 4, 1 middle of the road "non playmaker", and 2 guys that are not NFL caliber players period. You lose so many guys at the most important position in the 3-4 and you are going to have a problem. Not to mention we have Raji and Picket on the line everyone else is injured or pretty meh coming into the end of the season. Some of the young guys will need to make big strides this off season into coming into their own. When your front 7 has 2 play makers a couple of average joes and a couple of guys that shouldnt even be wearing pads you are not going to stop the run ( from a QB or RB) and when the running gates are open we all know the passing lanes are not far behind. Players not plays.

maxlives

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I certainly hope our entire coaching staff is watching today's game. Atlanta is demonstrating something we failed at last week. It IS possible to defend the Niners.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I certainly hope our entire coaching staff is watching today's game. Atlanta is demonstrating something we failed at last week. It IS possible to defend the Niners.

Atlanta must own a television... I could see the meeting last week, "Alright, we're going to do the exact opposite of what Green Bay did last week".

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Coaching and failure to adjust Properly cost us...not the players. MM and Capers did not adjust at halftime. Players can only eexecute when they are put in a proper position to execute. Havnt watched any football nor do i have the desire to until next season. Hopefully we have a new guy calling the defense.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Niners won

and I saw Gore get two TD on the read option...In fact their De got fooled twice on same exact play

Gives more proof to the fact that the players need to execute right to stop them

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Niners won

and I saw Gore get two TD on the read option...In fact their De got fooled twice on same exact play

Gives more proof to the fact that the players need to execute right to stop them
LaMichael James too.
The Niners are tough. That's a versatile unique offense with weapons at TE. WR. RB. QB.

I did LOL when in the 1st quarter their LG got called for holding, and their CB for DPI or Illegal contact.... they were surprised. Last week they got away with holding our DL and WR all day long.

Reaction score
Coaching and failure to adjust Properly cost us...not the players. MM and Capers did not adjust at halftime. Players can only eexecute when they are put in a proper position to execute. Havnt watched any football nor do i have the desire to until next season. Hopefully we have a new guy calling the defense.

Agree with them not making adjustments, there's no excuse for that ... then again, the game was still sort of close - they were probably thinking if we stick to the game plan - the players would lock it down and "Click" ... idk.
I still hold a little more blame toward the players - San Fran's oline & dline are huge and beefy, our guys were out-muscled/outplayed ...

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[ quote="GeeDogWarrior, post: 486505, member: 4409"]Agree with them not making adjustments, there's no excuse for that ... then again, the game was still sort of close - they were probably thinking if we stick to the game plan - the players would lock it down and "Click" ... idk.
I still hold a little more blame toward the players - San Fran's oline & dline are huge and beefy, our guys were out-muscled/outplayed ...[/quote]

I blame coaching just as much as players. Good coaching wins when good players are coached too be in position to make plays. Simply putting togeether a gameplan or calling a few plays isnt good coaching. Ive seen lesser teams win Super Bowls with good coaching. There is nothing spectaclar aboutt New Englands offense or defense but Brady and Bellicek have been to Five super bowls together. You cannot tell me Brady is a better qb than Rodgers..what i will buy tho is that the Brady/BELLICEK RELATIONSHIP is the beest qb/coach relationship in the league today tho. Sometimes i think that if Holmgreen had Rodgers we would have multiple titles.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bill isn't stubborn. He embraces change and his teams always evolve. MM will live and die with his 2010 team and staff. He is good enough to get there but not good enough to swallow his pride, adjust and get there again.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bill isn't stubborn. He embraces change and his teams always evolve. MM will live and die with his 2010 team and staff. He is good enough to get there but not good enough to swallow his pride, adjust and get there again.

I agree. If Rodgers is to ever make another appearance. In the SB his head coach cannot be afraid to embrace change including bringing in the right personnel to making decisions within the coaching staff for the betterment of the Packers. Does anybody else feel like 2010 was the last time this team became hunters and not the hunted?? They got after it when it was on the line. Now it doesnt feel that way. They semm content just having the best qb in the league and winning the North. MM is always talking about how winning the NFC North is the first order off business? Guess what Mike? The 2010 team didnt win the North.
The first priority should be winning the SB. Never seen a coach be judged on his greatness by how many dision titles he won. Maybe thats the difference between MM and Bill. Bill could care less about a divvision championship because SB rings define you. I honestly would rather win Super Bowls and zero division titles. We need the eye of the Tiger back in this franchise. This team is to soft

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Last time they met?

Means nothing

Frisco is on record saying they held plays and options during season just to use in playoffs..

After watching them vs Pack and Atl- their coaching is GOOD and I am pretty sure they would have beat Seattle

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree. If Rodgers is to ever make another appearance. In the SB his head coach cannot be afraid to embrace change including bringing in the right personnel to making decisions within the coaching staff for the betterment of the Packers. Does anybody else feel like 2010 was the last time this team became hunters and not the hunted?? They got after it when it was on the line. Now it doesnt feel that way. They semm content just having the best qb in the league and winning the North. MM is always talking about how winning the NFC North is the first order off business? Guess what Mike? The 2010 team didnt win the North.
The first priority should be winning the SB. Never seen a coach be judged on his greatness by how many dision titles he won. Maybe thats the difference between MM and Bill. Bill could care less about a divvision championship because SB rings define you. I honestly would rather win Super Bowls and zero division titles. We need the eye of the Tiger back in this franchise. This team is to soft

Preach on!!! I completely agree.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
[ quote="GeeDogWarrior, post: 486505, member: 4409"]Agree with them not making adjustments, there's no excuse for that ... then again, the game was still sort of close - they were probably thinking if we stick to the game plan - the players would lock it down and "Click" ... idk.
I still hold a little more blame toward the players - San Fran's oline & dline are huge and beefy, our guys were out-muscled/outplayed ...

I blame coaching just as much as players. Good coaching wins when good players are coached too be in position to make plays. Simply putting togeether a gameplan or calling a few plays isnt good coaching. Ive seen lesser teams win Super Bowls with good coaching. There is nothing spectaclar aboutt New Englands offense or defense but Brady and Bellicek have been to Five super bowls together. You cannot tell me Brady is a better qb than Rodgers..what i will buy tho is that the Brady/BELLICEK RELATIONSHIP is the beest qb/coach relationship in the league today tho. Sometimes i think that if Holmgreen had Rodgers we would have multiple titles.
THE OFFENSIVE LINE. Also Belichik is a defensive coach whose defense was statistically worse than ours in 2011 until we played the Lions so your argument is somewhat invalid.

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score

So we shouldn't try to win the NFC North?

A team can't go out and win the Super Bowl in week 1. The NFL season happens one week at a time and something as big as a league championship is usually built on a series of escalating accomplishments. I don't see a problem with a coach focusing his team on manageable goals that will put them in the best possible position for a Super Bowl run. It simply makes greater sense to accomplish big things by dividing it into manageable parts, one step at a time.

The "we should be playing for Super Bowls, not division titles" rhetoric sounds like the vague bellyaching of a disappointed fan...

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
So we shouldn't try to win the NFC North?

A team can't go out and win the Super Bowl in week 1. The NFL season happens one week at a time and something as big as a league championship is usually built on a series of escalating accomplishments. I don't see a problem with a coach focusing his team on manageable goals that will put them in the best possible position for a Super Bowl run. It simply makes greater sense to accomplish big things by dividing it into manageable parts, one step at a time.

The "we should be playing for Super Bowls, not division titles" rhetoric sounds like the vague bellyaching of a disappointed fan...
Agreed. The goal is to make it to the SuperBowl, but first you have to make the playoffs first. Anything can happen in post season, one game at a time.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course it should be priority to win the division smh...not the first one tho. Seriously? Also the point i was making about Bill B. Is that that the offense is geared towards Bradys strengths. Had nothing to do with their defense.at all. I know they suck like ours. Thing is tho they draft linemen and personel to. Protect their elite qb so him and the offense can coverr up for the defense. Get it?

Members online

Latest posts