Coaches still in Bush's corner

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why not compare Bush to Harris, did you forget that Harris was a 6th round pick, cut by the Bucs after training camp, would you have said the same at that time if I had compared Harris to a probowl caliber CB after his second year?

They have similar feats, Bush is strong as a horse and pretty fast, but he doesn't always use his strength. He needs to be much more physical. The Chargers CB coach told his guys, during the game, to be much more aggressive on Bush (#24), just jack him up and push him back, this is where Bush has to improve. Bush needs to make his stand, be physical, use his strength and not give these receivers the leverage they need to make big plays.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
Bertram said:
Football is not basketball.

Of course Sidney Rice has an advantage because of his size. However, guys like Al Harris have proven that they can cover big, 6'4" 200 - 230 lbs guys. In fact Al Harris is a 6'1" 188 lbs guy and he covers them like none other.

Jarrett Bush is a little bigger, 6'0" 197 lbs, he has all the physical tools but his head might not be where it should all the time. I think Bush is a real talent and might some day when his head and body starts working together consistently, emerge as a very good corner. In a different thread I called for bringing back Patrick Dendy, and I still believe that. What I however didn't call for was cutting Jarrett Bush.

Tramon Williams seems to have very limited talent except for returning kicks, so does Will Blackmon at the moment, but in addition he also seems to be extremely injury prone, so in my view, there is no one to push Jarrett Bush for his job. A competition between Jarrett Bush and Patrick Dendy would make them both better corners. Dendy didn't look very good in camp, that is true, but he never looked very good in training, not even last season, when he after all played pretty decent. I was sorry to see him go because I think there's something to him.

In the long run Jarrett Bush might become the better CB, Bush might become a playmaker and a top cornerback, in Dendy I only see a solid nickel down the road, but today, the competition Dendy brings would only make Bush and this team better.

do not compare bush to harris. harris has sterling sharpe strength, which is a huge part of his game jamming player on the line of scrimmage.

you think bush & dendy will emerge as the packs corners. i just do not see it. dendy was cut for a reason. bush played last year as well, this is not his first season. you feel he will get better. i feel he has reached his potential and will be replaced as our nickle by blackmon. will is a great athlete, and of the three, blackmon, bush, dendy, i feel blackmon will beat these guys out and may some day start.
no links, just my opinion, on a forum. gawd forbid!

Dude, there was a whole lot more logic to that post than you wanna give bert credit for. Like, five people said immediately that it was a good post!

And please, don't attack one person's comparisons, which is an opinion, then close your post with statements that accuse others of always doing that to you.

Jeeez, stop whining about forum rules/fellow members and talk some effing football.

WTF????!!!!!!!!!!!
just ignore my post.
please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why not compare Bush to Harris, did you forget that Harris was a 6th round pick, cut by the Bucs after training camp, would you have said the same at that time if I had compared Harris to a probowl caliber CB after his second year?

They have similar feats, Bush is strong as a horse and pretty fast, but he doesn't always use his strength. He needs to be much more physical. The Chargers CB coach told his guys, during the game, to be much more aggressive on Bush (#24), just jack him up and push him back. Bush needs to make his stand, be physical, use his strength and not give these receivers the leverage they need to make big plays.

OMG people threw a fit b/c i said do not compare harris to bush.
wow!
anyways. IMO harris is very , very strong. he shows it on nearly every play jamming players on the line.

i do not like bush for the same reason the chargers coach told his WR to be physical with bush.
i do not need a link to tell me so, i just watch the game and see bush being pushed around.

if the weakest part of bush's game is being pushed around at the line of scrimmage, and that is Al's strongest part of his game, why compare the two.

I know you got manypats on the back for your post, but i see things a little differently.

i feel blackmon will emerge out of bush, dendy and will. if your opinion is different, cool.

i thought we were going to talk football, but many want to continue petty arguments.

sorry i said do not compare bush and AL. you are welcome to your thoughts.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
dhpackr said:
Bertram said:

Of course Sidney Rice has an advantage because of his size. However, guys like Al Harris have proven that they can cover big, 6'4" 200 - 230 lbs guys. In fact Al Harris is a 6'1" 188 lbs guy and he covers them like none other.

Jarrett Bush is a little bigger, 6'0" 197 lbs, he has all the physical tools but his head might not be where it should all the time. I think Bush is a real talent and might some day when his head and body starts working together consistently, emerge as a very good corner. In a different thread I called for bringing back Patrick Dendy, and I still believe that. What I however didn't call for was cutting Jarrett Bush.

Tramon Williams seems to have very limited talent except for returning kicks, so does Will Blackmon at the moment, but in addition he also seems to be extremely injury prone, so in my view, there is no one to push Jarrett Bush for his job. A competition between Jarrett Bush and Patrick Dendy would make them both better corners. Dendy didn't look very good in camp, that is true, but he never looked very good in training, not even last season, when he after all played pretty decent. I was sorry to see him go because I think there's something to him.

In the long run Jarrett Bush might become the better CB, Bush might become a playmaker and a top cornerback, in Dendy I only see a solid nickel down the road, but today, the competition Dendy brings would only make Bush and this team better.

do not compare bush to harris. harris has sterling sharpe strength, which is a huge part of his game jamming player on the line of scrimmage.

you think bush & dendy will emerge as the packs corners. i just do not see it. dendy was cut for a reason. bush played last year as well, this is not his first season. you feel he will get better. i feel he has reached his potential and will be replaced as our nickle by blackmon. will is a great athlete, and of the three, blackmon, bush, dendy, i feel blackmon will beat these guys out and may some day start.

Dude, there was a whole lot more logic to that post than you wanna give bert credit for. Like, five people said immediately that it was a good post!

And please, don't attack one person's comparisons, which is an opinion, then close your post with statements that accuse others of always doing that to you.

Jeeez, stop whining about forum rules/fellow members and talk some effing football.

WTF????!!!!!!!!!!!
just ignore my post.

Why? Isn't the point of giving your opinion, which you value so much, to have others hear it and digest it? I don't ignore anyone, cause then I miss the occasions that they actually make a good point and make me think a little more.

Please, just stop attacking people and then accusing everyone of doing it to you.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
pack_in_black said:
dhpackr said:
Bertram said:

WTF????!!!!!!!!!!!
just ignore my post.

Why? Isn't the point of giving your opinion, which you value so much, to have others hear it and digest it? I don't ignore anyone, cause then I miss the occasions that they actually make a good point and make me think a little more.

Please, just stop attacking people and then accusing everyone of doing it to you.

OK

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Thank you, I did not know that Harris was a 6th round pick and was drafted by the Bucs. I thought he was actually a early second day pick by the Eagles lol

See this stuff is good. I like this.

edit, no offense to you Bert, I trusted you but I wanted to come back and post proof of your statement for anyone who doubted it.
Packers.com said:
1997 Season Back To Top

* Spent his entire rookie season on the Tampa Bay practice squad after an unsuccessful bid to make the team's 53-man roster as a late-round draft pick
* Waived on the final roster reduction of training camp (Aug. 24), he was signed to the Buccaneers' practice squad two days later, remaining there until season's end
* Was the first of two sixth-round draft choices (169th overall) by Tampa Bay in 1997

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
For what its worth, here is what our coach has to say about the play.

(How far does Bush have to go to do what Al and Charles can do at the line of scrimmage?)
Jarrett's playing good football. He had the one play on the touchdown, and frankly, that's a hell of a play by the receiver. I thought Rice was impressive in the way he elevated and caught the football there. Every defense in America, the third corner is the guy you're going to be testing, and Jarrett is a young and improving player. He's as competitive a football player as we have on our whole football team.

Rest of the quote is below...
You can see that just in special teams, how aggressive he is and the production he has created in special teams. I look for him to continue to grow and be productive as a corner. Also, Will Blackmon, he's doing an excellent job. So we feel like we have some young corners who are really improving. Tramon is getting better. Frank's a very good cover corner. So I really like the depth we have at that position.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This has gotten spicy -- I like it.

Fans are too impatient at times with player development.

Bigby is a great example. He is a tough, talented athlete who bounced around until he settled into a position and got an opportunity to show the talent he possesses.

He was not drafted because of concerns about his mental health -- frankly it was cultural misunderstanding as a Jamaican Rastafarian he did not act like some coaches expected.

Once the Packers started watching and listening to this kid they found a player with the heart of lion, who played fast and without fear. Will he make mistakes? Of course, but they will be mistakes of aggression and trying to make plays - not the mistakes based in fear or lacking physical skills.

Is Bush being picked on?

Of course Bush is the target -- what offensive coordinator would look at Harris, Woodson and Bush and not think Bush was the weakest link?

Of course that is true of almost every nickel back, especially in the context of comparison to two solid veterans. It does not however mean that Bush is a weak CB or player

Harris and Woodson also got beat and also drew penalties -- it goes with playing the position. Williamson had a step on Harris deep three times, but Holcomb's passes weren't quite on the money - yet no one has mentioned that, but instead highlight the play in which Bush got beat and Holcomb missed on the throw. Harris and Woodson drew multiple penalties, Bush drew none (a huge upgrade from previous nickel backs). Woodson's gambled and gave up a 40-yard post-corner completion to Wade after Charles undercut the route. Like I said it goes with the position.

This coaching staff (to their credit) are pretty damned honest and direct with their players -- good and bad, sparing neither.

Bush beat Blackmon, Walker, Williams and Dendy out for this spot. The coaching staff is pleased by his play and realize that sometimes a nickel back is going to get picked on and some times the defensive call is going to work against the DB.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

IMO that is what you are dismissing as "verbal back-patting."

Bush is young and tough. He is better at press coverage than in space. What you get with Bush is a talent that keeps battling and makes receivers earn what they get.

Does he have room for improvement? Of course, plenty of it.

But much of what is directed at players by fans is at least partially guided by biases and lack of understanding of DB responsibilities in different defensive calls.

The job is still Bush's for a reason.

I hope Blackmon, Walker and Williams keep developing and pushing him. I have no stake in who eventually wins the job. I want all of these young guys to develop and progress. There may be times when they have to step up and produce when a starter goes down -- much like Bush did against Philly when Harris went down.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i agree with bruce. bush has played 2 good games and two bad ones. over the season that's 8 good games if he doesn't improve. by comparison #28 played one good game in like 2 years. i'm not giving up on him yet.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this thread has gone ridiculously too far!...

The coaches like Bush as the number 3 CB
and most of us like Bush as the number 3 CB!

and yet 300 of us are arguing with the one guy who hasnt made a true statement since he signed up for the forum. who cares what he thinks... until he says something that makes sense or is proven true.. hes just another guy.

boggles the mind a little.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score

and yet 300 of us are arguing with the one guy who hasnt made a true statement since he signed up for the forum. who cares what he thinks... until he says something that makes sense or is proven true.. hes just another guy.

Yeah, isn't it mind-bottling?

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Dh has made TRUE statements. Just none you agree with

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Packnic said:

Depends on your definition of true. IF you base it loosely, then yes, of course. But if you use the definition that most of us use, probably not.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The problem on this forum is there are guy here that look at things from a MICRO perspective.

A guy makes three bad plays. Cut him. No matter he WON a game for us previously and shows a great upside. We're in the NOW baby.

A draft pick hasn't yet made the impact. ****** pick.

I can't wait to see what's written here when we lose a game but most certainly the sky will be falling.

No matter that a loss would be ONE out of the last umpteen games. I am sure to read here that we are going down the tubes for sure.

I, for one, figure the coaches have a good handle on which players to put on the field. After all, we watch them three hours a week and they have spent thousands of hours around these guys.

If the coaches didn't think that Bush could overcome one rather poor performance and it was destined to continue over and over we already KNOW how they handle that.

Just ask Ahmad Carroll.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The problem on this forum is there are guy here that look at things from a MICRO perspective.

A guy makes three bad plays. Cut him. No matter he WON a game for us previously and shows a great upside. We're in the NOW baby.

A draft pick hasn't yet made the impact. ****** pick.

I can't wait to see what's written here when we lose a game but most certainly the sky will be falling.

No matter that a loss would be ONE out of the last umpteen games. I am sure to read here that we are going down the tubes for sure.

I, for one, figure the coaches have a good handle on which players to put on the field. After all, we watch them three hours a week and they have spent thousands of hours around these guys.

If the coaches didn't think that Bush could overcome one rather poor performance and it was destined to continue over and over we already KNOW how they handle that.

Just ask Ahmad Carroll.

are you inside my head? i feel like im insane at this place sometimes... the statements you just typed... are logic... freaking logic and somehow that gets over looked. keep fighting the good fight i guess.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:

ERRONEOUS, ERRONEOUS ON ALL ACCOUNTS!!!!

please read Warhawks post... its exactly what Dh and a few others do. IF i watched the first 8 minutes of sundays game, and saw C-wood make like 8 mistakes (which werent anything to worry about, just our DBs showing that they play physical and tough)
then i could say C-WOOD SUCKS and to me and my 8 minutes of knowledge..it would be true. But that doesnt make it true to the rest of the sane knowledgeable world.

The NFL is a what have you done for me lately league sure... but its not a what have you done for me in the last 15 seconds league...

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
KGB94SACKEM said:
Packnic said:

please read Warhawks post... its exactly what Dh and a few others do. IF i watched the first 8 minutes of sundays game, and saw C-wood make like 8 mistakes (which werent anything to worry about, just our DBs showing that they play physical and tough)
then i could say C-WOOD SUCKS and to me and my 8 minutes of knowledge..it would be true. But that doesnt make it true to the rest of the sane knowledgeable world.

The NFL is a what have you done for me lately league sure... but its not a what have you done for me in the last 15 seconds league...

I'm sorry, this is just not true. If you could get over your personal dislike for anyone who has ANYTHING negative to say about the Packers you could see that Dh makes some valid points. As soon as DH posts the same 3-4 guys fire back with some smartass comment. Then you guys go on a complaining parade and stalk every post he makes.

He has a different view, get over it dude. He contributes just as much as anyone else until the same instigators go on the rampage about everything other than the topic with comments posted entirely to bait him. If you don't like it, ignore it, or debate reasonably. Thats the idea of a forum.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
KGB94SACKEM said:
Packnic said:

I'm sorry, this is just not true. If you could get over your personal dislike for anyone who has ANYTHING negative to say about the Packers you could see that Dh makes some valid points. As soon as DH posts the same 3-4 guys fire back with some smartass comment. Then you guys go on a complaining parade and stalk every post he makes.

He has a different view, get over it dude. He contributes just as much as anyone else until the same instigators go on the rampage about everything other than the topic with comments posted entirely to bait him. If you don't like it, ignore it, or debate reasonably. Thats the idea of a forum.

oddly enough KGB94SACKEM and Dhpackr both signed up on Sep. 14 dh in 2005 KGB in 2007... sep 14... a day which will live in infamy.

coincidence... you tell me. can i get an IP check.

and it has nothing to do with how much i dislike dhpacker... its just that he post almost all negative stuff. it boggles my mind. were 4-0 and he cant think of one good thing to say. and id hardly call that contributing ...

he can hate the packers all he wants... but id like for him to post something that makes sense and has validity.

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm done with you, I must be DHPacker because of the date conspiracy. That you would even look at that says something.

You are an instigator on this forum, hell, you just did it with me, cause I got tired of you, and others', grade school tactics.

No need for further dialect, I would rather read something with substance

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm done with you, I must be DHPacker because of the date conspiracy. That you would even look at that says something.

It says he's seen multiple people come back to the forum under new names after getting banned.

Oh, is that not what you were saying?

Let's try and get this back to Bush being awesome.

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
KGB94SACKEM said:

It says he's seen multiple people come back to the forum under new names after getting banned.

bait away

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
KGB94SACKEM said:

bait away

No bait.

You know what is bait? Letting opposing teams think Bush is the weak link when he's a talented guy. Watch Griese try and pick on Bush, and BOOM! Interception City!

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
KGB94SACKEM said:
tromadz said:
KGB94SACKEM said:

bait away

No bait.

You know what is bait? Letting opposing teams think Bush is the weak link when he's a talented guy. Watch Griese try and pick on Bush, and BOOM! Interception City!

I hope you are right.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
highlight the play in which Bush got beat

i'm glad we got that straight

eventually , i feel blackmon will not only beat out bush for a nickle position, but may someday challenge for a starting cb position

if that makes me a crazed, witch, packer hating, liar then so be it!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

You are an instigator on this forum, hell, you just did it with me, cause I got tired of you, and others', grade school tactics.

No need for further dialect, I would rather read something with substance

Consistency... still only spelled DePack fully and correctly ... cute

Members online

Latest posts