Clippers, Cubs, Vikings

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
Three worst franchises in American professional sports. Undeniable. :viksux::viksux::viksux:

Nah, the Vikings have made the playoffs a bunch of times only to never take home the trophy. That makes them winners in my book!! LOL...

The Clippers will always be the mark of futility... The Cubs haven't won a CHAMPIONSHIP in like 100 years so they must be worse than the Vikes too. Oh wait... What's that? The Vikes have NEVER won a Championship?

I guess they are worse than the Cubs. BWAAAHAAAAHAAAAAHAAAHAAA!! :viksux:

Cardsmc25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Disagree completely with the comment about the Cubs. Generally, the Cubs finish a head of a majority of the division. Since Milwaukee joined the NL central in 1998, they have never won the division and the Cubs have won the division 3 times. Since 1998 the Cubs have finished with a winning record 7 times.

I am a baseball fan, period. I root for the NL Central, but I can't stand ignorant fans that lump the Cubs in with the worst teams all time. Are you telling me they compare to the 2008 Lions? Absolutely not, they are a storied franchise that has made the playoffs countless times. Your Milwaukee and Tampa Bay teams have only recently been contenders.

IMHO, Milwaukee fans are quickly switching roles with dumb Cub fans. I go to the games and want to shoot myself with some of the stupid talk I hear from fans. Milwaukee has one of the most uneducated baseball fan bases. If you want to see a great baseball atmosphere take a trip to St.Louis. THAT is a great fan base. Which is why I go once a year.

Once the Brewers got to be the popular thing to go see in the summer, they quickly declined as being anything I wanted to have anything to do with. Getting drunk and acting stupid in front of families is NOT baseball. I'm ashamed every time I leave Miller Park.

I'll step off my soap box now.

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
I miss your point entirely. First of all the post to open this thread seemed completely tongue in cheek. Secondly, it was about CHAMPIONSHIPS. The Cubs have not won a CHAMPIONSHIP for a REALLY long time. The fact that they have won their division and made the playoffs a bunch without winning a CHAMPIONSHIP seems to me to make their comparison to the Viqueens even more correct.

Next up, who cares what the Milwaukee Brewers do? This thread didn't even mention them. It (again) tongue in cheek compared a team in the NBA, MLB and the NFL. Why do the Brewers have anything to do with the discussion at all?

Finally, if you are a baseball fan, period what in the world are you doing wasting your time at a football fan forum? The football is that oblong ball that bounces funny, not the little, hard white ball that you hit with a stick.
Disagree completely with the comment about the Cubs. Generally, the Cubs finish a head of a majority of the division.

Since Milwaukee joined the NL central in 1998, they have never won the division and the Cubs have won the division 3 times. Since 1998 the Cubs have finished with a winning record 7 times.

I am a baseball fan, period.

OP
OP
AllouezPackerFan

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
Disagree completely with the comment about the Cubs. Generally, the Cubs finish a head of a majority of the division. Since Milwaukee joined the NL central in 1998, they have never won the division and the Cubs have won the division 3 times. Since 1998 the Cubs have finished with a winning record 7 times.

I am a baseball fan, period. I root for the NL Central, but I can't stand ignorant fans that lump the Cubs in with the worst teams all time. Are you telling me they compare to the 2008 Lions? Absolutely not, they are a storied franchise that has made the playoffs countless times. Your Milwaukee and Tampa Bay teams have only recently been contenders.

IMHO, Milwaukee fans are quickly switching roles with dumb Cub fans. I go to the games and want to shoot myself with some of the stupid talk I hear from fans. Milwaukee has one of the most uneducated baseball fan bases. If you want to see a great baseball atmosphere take a trip to St.Louis. THAT is a great fan base. Which is why I go once a year.

Once the Brewers got to be the popular thing to go see in the summer, they quickly declined as being anything I wanted to have anything to do with. Getting drunk and acting stupid in front of families is NOT baseball. I'm ashamed every time I leave Miller Park.

I'll step off my soap box now.

Have you ever been to a game at Wrigley? Are you telling me there is no one at Wrigley Field sitting in the bleachers thats drunk and acting stupid? Open your eyes next time you're at the "friendly confines."

The Brewers have nothing to do with this argument. The thread was about championships, and the Cubs haven't won one in over a century.....to me that qualifies as really bad. Especially with the good teams they've had. Very similar to the purple losers to our west. :viksux:

OP
OP
AllouezPackerFan

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score

Cardsmc25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I miss your point entirely. First of all the post to open this thread seemed completely tongue in cheek. Secondly, it was about CHAMPIONSHIPS. The Cubs have not won a CHAMPIONSHIP for a REALLY long time. The fact that they have won their division and made the playoffs a bunch without winning a CHAMPIONSHIP seems to me to make their comparison to the Viqueens even more correct.

Next up, who cares what the Milwaukee Brewers do? This thread didn't even mention them. It (again) tongue in cheek compared a team in the NBA, MLB and the NFL. Why do the Brewers have anything to do with the discussion at all?

Finally, if you are a baseball fan, period what in the world are you doing wasting your time at a football fan forum? The football is that oblong ball that bounces funny, not the little, hard white ball that you hit with a stick.

I was speaking to the fact that I enjoy baseball. I don't really have a favorite team, just favorite players. The reason I included the Brewers was because I consider them a worse franchise. The NL Central is full of teams that I consider poor orginzations (Reds, Rats included). So I really don't feel like the Cubs should be considered as part of the top bad teams... championship or not. I'd rather sniff around the playoffs and lose then be cellar dwellers for life.

Have you ever been to a game at Wrigley? Are you telling me there is no one at Wrigley Field sitting in the bleachers thats drunk and acting stupid? Open your eyes next time you're at the "friendly confines."

The Brewers have nothing to do with this argument. The thread was about championships, and the Cubs haven't won one in over a century.....to me that qualifies as really bad. Especially with the good teams they've had. Very similar to the purple losers to our west. :viksux:

I'm well aware of the dandies at Wrigley. I was speaking to the generaly fan knowledge of their team. Every team has their drunk morons, but I get annoyed with idots that just come to game because its the cool thing to do, there are so many people that don't know anything at Brewer games... and I would argue the intoxication level at Miller Park supersedes Wrigley any day of the week. Mainly because the tickets are so expensive for Wrigley you don't want to waste your money.

So to speak to both of you, my arguement is that I consider Milwaukee to be a way weaker organization. I am negating your championship argument because it means absolutely nothing... The Milwaukee BREWERS have never won a championship either if you want to go that route.

OP
OP
AllouezPackerFan

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
I was speaking to the fact that I enjoy baseball. I don't really have a favorite team, just favorite players. The reason I included the Brewers was because I consider them a worse franchise. The NL Central is full of teams that I consider poor orginzations (Reds, Rats included). So I really don't feel like the Cubs should be considered as part of the top bad teams... championship or not. I'd rather sniff around the playoffs and lose then be cellar dwellers for life.

I'm well aware of the dandies at Wrigley. I was speaking to the generaly fan knowledge of their team. Every team has their drunk morons, but I get annoyed with idots that just come to game because its the cool thing to do, there are so many people that don't know anything at Brewer games... and I would argue the intoxication level at Miller Park supersedes Wrigley any day of the week. Mainly because the tickets are so expensive for Wrigley you don't want to waste your money.

So to speak to both of you, my arguement is that I consider Milwaukee to be a way weaker organization. I am negating your championship argument because it means absolutely nothing... The Milwaukee BREWERS have never won a championship either if you want to go that route.

I honestly don't give a **** who is the worst club in the NL Central. The point of this thread was to point out how worthless the Vikings are.

Also I think its tough to label the Reds a poor organization. The Reds have had great success as a club. I think they have won 5 world series, as recently as 1990. Johnny Bench and Pete Rose are two of the greatest players of all time.

Cardsmc25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I honestly don't give a **** who is the worst club in the NL Central. The point of this thread was to point out how worthless the Vikings are.

Also I think its tough to label the Reds a poor organization. The Reds have had great success as a club. I think they have won 5 world series, as recently as 1990. Johnny Bench and Pete Rose are two of the greatest players of all time.

Fair enough on that point.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For the record the vikes did win the last NFL championship before losing in the SB. And the Thread should be retitled with the Brewers replacing the cubs.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For the record the vikes did win the last NFL championship before losing in the SB. And the Thread should be retitled with the Brewers replacing the cubs.
there's been this discussion before, with Raptorman, a Vikings fan.

The same thing I said to him, it's a matter of words. Back then the NFL was the equivalent of the NFC.

Equivalent, because I agree the NFL championship back then had more value than the NFC championship has now.

However, the pro football tittle was decided by the SB, not the NFL championship game.

Members online

Latest posts