Clay worth

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like a 7th year added, team-option.
If his bloodlines are anything like his dad, or uncle, he might be a 15-year stud.

But 6 more would be a great thing.....

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A quick look shows that three years ago, Ware extended his contract for 6 years, $40M guaranteed, total value of $79M (just over $13M/yr). Three years later, I don't think we'll extend Matthews for less than that. Of course, that's the Cowboys. But it was also 3 years ago, and Matthews is every bit the player Ware is, and then some. If that's what it takes, and I think it will be, we still have to close that deal.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Whatever it takes, it needs to get done. His impact on our defense (even though it's garbage) is night and day. We can't get pressure for anything when he's not in there.

H

HardRightEdge

A quick look shows that three years ago, Ware extended his contract for 6 years, $40M guaranteed, total value of $79M (just over $13M/yr). Three years later, I don't think we'll extend Matthews for less than that. Of course, that's the Cowboys. But it was also 3 years ago, and Matthews is every bit the player Ware is, and then some. If that's what it takes, and I think it will be, we still have to close that deal.

It should be in that ballpark, but you have to discount some for these chronic hamstring problems. They are an annual occurrence and are a truncated-career-risk down the road. That might be resolved with a little less guaranteed money. In the end, Matthews is in the drivers seat, especially with Woodson nearing the end of the line...he'll be the lone face of the defense and, let's face it, our only true impact D player.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That would be great, HRE. Still, if he were on the open market, I doubt that he'd have to take a discount for the hamstring issues. Put it on Mark Lovat and Pepper Burris.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
I'd offer clay: Unlimited sides of beef, 10000 gallons of protein shakes, a new olympic weight set with 2500 lbs of weights, 12 big breasted blondes, and the blue ray dvd copy of the predator movie. He will jump on that like a fat ******* a pizza

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts