Clay Matthews on the the cover of SI NFL Preview

OP
OP
The Drew

The Drew

The Drew Cave
Reaction score
I know right... you would think they would be padded up... but when I went to a presentation by "Red" at Fan Fest, he did note that players have diffrent personal preferences on their equipment... some wear less pads to be quicker and have their uniforms tighter so defenders cant grab on to tackle...

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
I think if the NFL is serious about player safety they make it mandatory for everyone to be fully padded. This way all the players would be equal and maybe we would stop seeing all these knee and Thigh Bruises.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure I will get screwed over again, and get someone else on the Cover of mine tomorrow in my mailbox.
Last year, I got Brees on the cover instead of Arod.
I should call now and complain ahead of time and say mine was lost in the mail.... then they (maybe) will send one out from corporate instead of regional.... ??

bradwillrockyou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I recieved mine in the mail today (in Seattle) - with the Clay Matthews cover! The issue is dated for September 5th, so I'm guessing these will be out in stores everywhere on or before this upcoming Monday (six differnt covers/players for this issue). Last year SI picked the Packers to win the Superbowl in their preview issue. This year they are picking the Falcons to beat the Chargers (and the Falcons to beat Green Bay in the Divisional Round). I don't think so!

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's expected in Wisconsin. I'm sure SI have local stars on the cover in every NFL city, i.e. Polomalu in Pittsburgh.

Members online

Latest posts