Clay Matthews injury status?

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't know why ou are trying to make this into a pissing contest, you opened you yapper and made comment about my post, you don't like the reply, don't make the comment, simple as that. Don't know if you are just having a bad day or what??? And where the hell did I say tha I need to feel like I am entitled to know everything? I didn't, I was making a complint about he vaugeness of the reporting on a sports website, bleacer report that is. No team or anyone owes me jack ****, you made it sound that way and are making your own projections off of what I was saying. I only want a more accurate time line is all, concern about the teams pass rush is all I was displaying. Stop reading into stuff and making up your own additions.

AHEM:

bleacher report said he could miss a "few weeks". Does that mean 3 weeks? 3 games? or 2 of the 3 weeks are gone because of the bye and he will be back for the NYG game? That kind of reporting ****** me off, tell us straight up what the hell is going on, please.

That is all. Carry on.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
But that is just reporting a injury and practice time..

They could say Clay did not practice, limited practice, every week if they want....Doesnt mean anything till the inactive report comes out..So that really has no bearing on what MM was saying about Clay for the future

His point was that MM doesnt have to tell you how long Clay will be out...

With the hammy they may not know at all..So a general few weeks works..

I didn't say anything about what MM had to say on the subject, just going off the vast majority of some usually reliable sports sites. That is all.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
AHEM yourself, you posted a nasty response to what I said, you don't like it, don't respond. Is it that hard to comprehend????

And why respond?? Concern for our #1 defensive player coming back is what I have, does that warrent a response like you gave? I don't think so.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
We ALL would love to know the exact game he will be back..It really does suck not knowing..

But they do not have to tell us...

They only have to tell the league what his participation is for practices...Other than that, every team has the right not to give an accurate time..

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
^ I know that....and yes it does suck indeed. It just seems that they give out endless info on some players and not others....they give out just enough to satisfy what the league requires.

I live and die by football, so a general concern is all I was displaying......others find the need to blow that out of proportion and get all nasty about it. :confused:

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And you must really not be aware of the fact that accurate injury reporting by a team is an NFL RULE. There is no "hiding injury info" from your rivals to keep them guessing. Teams can be fined BIG money for mis-reporting or hiding a team members injury. So, know the rules instead of "getting pissed" at my post, be mad at yourself for not knowing.
Ahhhh, the rules. My friend if you think that NFL teams aren't bending those rules constantly then I have a magic bean to sell you. The Packers are no different. They provide the minimum amount of information required to keep their opponents guessing. They couldn't give one flip about me, you, or Vegas knowing a player's injury status. That said, we'd all love to know when Clay will be on the field. It sucks being in the dark. It helps to know that you'll be in the light soon.

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
^^This. All teams do this. In fact, if I'm not mistaken the Patriots LOVE doing this. Currently have 16 players listed questionable for Sunday, yet who knows what's going on with their team.

12theTruth

Still got 5 sacks with Matthews out. That was a pleasant surprise. I don't know if it is so much from our pressure or Stafford hanging on to the ball for too long. Matthews would be much needed against the Giants next week if he's healthy enough.

Members online

Latest posts