1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Chris Havel: McKenzie is gone; that’s OK

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Zero2Cool, Oct 7, 2005.

1. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    Anyone read this article yet? I'm curious if Havel blasted Mike for leaving or if he agreed with him leaving lol
  2. ArizonaPackerFan

ArizonaPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It mostly rehashed a lot of old news. Two of Chris' opinions on it were when he stated:

"But parting ways with McKenzie — no matter how grave the consequences at cornerback — was one of Sherman’s best moves in a forgettable tenure as GM. It rid the Packers of a disenfranchised player, and it afforded Ted Thompson, the new GM, the second-round pick to acquire promising rookie safety Nick Collins."

and at the end Havel states:

"It was about money.

If the Packers had sweetened McKenzie’s contract, I suspect he would have stayed put. When they didn’t, he forced a trade by being an insufferable pain in the butt. He walked out on his team at the first sign of trouble. That doesn’t make McKenzie clever. It makes him a quitter. Come Sunday he’ll be a loser."
  3. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    Thank you for the response. I guess that is pretty much what I was expecting :)
  4. ArizonaPackerFan

ArizonaPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well, Havel was right that on Sunday McKenzie would be a loser.

“He was impressive,’’ said Saints cornerback Mike McKenzie, who played five seasons with Favre in Green Bay.

“We took a step back today, we got our --- kicked,â€