Chris Harris?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Why the bears release him after he just started? He was a pro bowler last year, yes?

Reading up on him, he asked for a trade not to long ago..Maybe Bears are tired of his attitude?

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hate to beat a dead horse here but, TT just doesnt add a lot of veteran cast offs from other teams, Being a pro bowler is vastly overrated now a days with the superbowl team sitting out, and harris' best quality is playing around the line of scrimmage and is a guy who gets beat in coverage a lot. I think Charlie Peprah , and a healing Burnett are going to be the safety tandem for the rest of the year ( barring injury of course)

OP
OP
Croak

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Hate to beat a dead horse here but, TT just doesnt add a lot of veteran cast offs from other teams, Being a pro bowler is vastly overrated now a days with the superbowl team sitting out, and harris' best quality is playing around the line of scrimmage and is a guy who gets beat in coverage a lot. I think Charlie Peprah , and a healing Burnett are going to be the safety tandem for the rest of the year ( barring injury of course)

I was thinking more of him as a backup. With Collins out, what happens if Burnett gets more seriously injured?

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's a good questi0n. Not so much Chris Harris but the safety position itself. This thread brings up a more serious problem that we might have to face down the road. It came up earlier when Collins was injured/ IR and at that point I didn't think TT would jump at a replacement safety. Now, with Burnett's injuries, I'm not so sure. I think there may be a need there. The question is, who? I don't think TT will go for Harris, if the Bears are having their problems with him and getting rid of him they are doing so for a reason. Knowing TT, he won't touch him with a 10 foot pole. I'm not sure who is even on the market and what TT would be willing to give up for one if anything. It may be a situation like last year, nobody. I guess we'll just have to trust TT's wisdom in this.

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
That's a good questi0n. Not so much Chris Harris but the safety position itself. This thread brings up a more serious problem that we might have to face down the road. It came up earlier when Collins was injured/ IR and at that point I didn't think TT would jump at a replacement safety. Now, with Burnett's injuries, I'm not so sure. I think there may be a need there. The question is, who? I don't think TT will go for Harris, if the Bears are having their problems with him and getting rid of him they are doing so for a reason. Knowing TT, he won't touch him with a 10 foot pole. I'm not sure who is even on the market and what TT would be willing to give up for one if anything. It may be a situation like last year, nobody. I guess we'll just have to trust TT's wisdom in this.

Very good post. If the Bears cut him, they really must have been sick of him. They are bad at safety right now and cutting Harris was a surprise to me.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Trades wont happen, the deadline is past...

So if anyone is picked up it will have to be a free agent(someone not on any team someone that is just sitting waiting for a call) or someone on a practice squad (if that option is allowed at this time)

OP
OP
Croak

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Trades wont happen, the deadline is past...

So if anyone is picked up it will have to be a free agent(someone not on any team someone that is just sitting waiting for a call) or someone on a practice squad (if that option is allowed at this time)

So a player who isn't on a team because he was cut can't be signed by another team for the rest of the season?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
So a player who isn't on a team because he was cut can't be signed by another team for the rest of the season?

Of course they can.....Was just pointing out no trades will happen this year and why..And actually Harris is a free agent waiting for a call :)

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
all practice squad players are free agents and can be plucked up by any team. Anyone cut goes thru the waiver wire process, we can pickup anyone waiting at home.LTF is right, no more trades.

Hey we could probably get T.O.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Asante Samuel a disgruntled Eagle, could we use a cornerback? Be forewarned he is mouthing off that he feels unwanted by the Eagles after hearing trade rumors that are apparently untrue and lately he's been saying the front office is playing fantasy football with the owner's money. Yeah, he'll fit in real nice around here!

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hmmmm. I would look into it. He was banged up earlier this year and that is part of the reason he played like garbage vs the lions. He is very pissed at the Bears and would have lots of motivation to work his butt off. I think what Capers would ask him to do would be alot easier for him to accomplish than the ton of responsibility you have in a Lovie Smith defense.

Members online

Latest posts