Chris Gizzi's flag sprint "MNF" show open

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/219627331.html

Linebacker Chris Gizzi played for just two seasons for the Packers (2000-’01), but in a way he is set to play for them another season on “Monday Night Football.”

It was Gizzi, holding an American flag aloft, who was chosen to sprint down the middle of Lambeau Field before the Packers played the Redskins in the first “Monday Night Football” telecast since the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11, 2001.

The stirring dash by Gizzi, an Air Force Academy graduate, took place on Sept. 24, 2001 before a roaring crowd at Lambeau and a grateful national television audience.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For some reason I thought that Joe Andruzzi ran the flag across the field. Looking him up, I realized that he was already with the Patriots in 2000. Still an incredible moment. Sports was one of the things that got people back towards normal life after the attacks

Images for the spot were grouped into four decades: 1970s, ’80s, ’90s and 2000s
Funny that they wouldn't include the current decade. One would think that there have already been some memorable moments in the NFL from 2010 on.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep. I was there in the south corner halfway up. It was also Jeff George's last NFL game, as a side note.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder what MNF is going to do about a theme song.
I won't be surprised if it's just music without a singer.
Probably to avoid any more controversy.
Or maybe they should get Mickey Mouse to sing it since ESPN is owned by Walt Dizzy and MM can never do any wrong.

Kind of ironic or hypocritical that they are going to feature a player carrying an American flag and be proud of that yet they fire a guy for exercising his first amendment rights.

America. What a country!

Members online

Latest posts