Chris Canty

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brad jones was rated as the 5th best defensive player on the packers last season by PFF

It's not so much that he's good, it's that the rest of the defense isn't very good

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The NFL operates as a cartel – at least that’s what the Supreme Court said - but in the past and present CBAs the union agrees not to file an antitrust suit. And it’s a lucky thing for us IMO because if the teams didn’t work “in concert” with one another the rich teams would have all the best players.

True, true- I can understand the "need" for a monopoly such as the NFL in creating a fair competitive environment for teams. It's a necessary evil in this regard.

I just think they overstep when they slap sanctions on teams for spending too much money in an uncapped year. Smacks just a bit too much of collusion for my taste, almost flagrantly so...

The fact there was hardly a peep out of the teams, and no peep at all out of the NFLPA, leads me to believe there is more to this story than meets the eye.

If I recall correctly, the NFLPA agreed not to complain about this as part of the new CBA. I believe this was a bargaining chip that they threw on the table. The problem with Dallas or Washington fighting this is that, in essence, they're suing themselves as NFL member organizations. It's a weird situation.

I just never understood why the NFL (re: Goodell) issued the sanctions here: just seems like such a flagrant "FU" to the notion that collusion is wrong.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I just never understood why the NFL (re: Goodell) issued the sanctions here: just seems like such a flagrant "FU" to the notion that collusion is wrong.
True, but I think it happened because the overwhelming consensus of the owners is Snyder and Jones are the biggest pr!cks among them! ;)

H

HardRightEdge

Canty signed with the Ravens.

You know, Mike Neal looks a lot better after a couple of drinks with the lights down low.

OP
OP
BorderRivals.com

BorderRivals.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Apparently the Packers didn't make an offer because he didn't pass his physical. He had a knee injury last season and they found something they didn't like. Can't blame them for that necessarily.

H

HardRightEdge

3 years, $8 million.
Apparently the Packers didn't make an offer because he didn't pass his physical. He had a knee injury last season and they found something they didn't like. Can't blame them for that necessarily.

I doubt he failed any physical, though there might have been concerns about the knee.

3 years, $8 mil from Baltimore. Same deal Jenkins got from NYG.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I doubt he failed any physical, though there might have been concerns about the knee.

http://espnwisconsin.com/common/more.php?m=49&action=blog&r=40&post_id=19701

But unlike the Chiefs, Titans and Ravens, the Packers medical staff would not sign off on a knee injury Canty suffered and the Packers decided not to make him an offer after his visit last week, according to an NFL source. NFL Network’s Albert Breer was first to report that Canty’s knee had been an issue for the Green Bay medical staff.

Members online

Latest posts