Chiefs | Allen requests trade

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the price is right and we dont get AT this is someone I would want

Chiefs | Allen requests trade
Sun, 25 Feb 2007 06:46:43 -0800

Elizabeth Merrill and Randy Covitz, of the Kansas City Star, report Kansas City Chiefs DE Jared Allen has requested a trade from the team due to a contract squabble. Allen formally requested the trade when a meeting between his agent and the team did not produce a contract proposal. The team, instead, plans to tender the restricted free agent March 1. Both sides are considered far apart on an extension, according to Allen's agent. "It doesn't look like my future is going to be (in Kansas City)," Allen said. "I wanted to finish my career there." "I feel shocked and hurt. Requesting a trade was probably the toughest thing I've had to do. It's nothing personal against the town of Kansas City and the fans. It's been great. (But) it doesn't look like my future is going to be there, and I have to accept that. That's why this is so hard. All the hard work I've put in, the blood, sweat and tears…I wanted to finish my career there. I was led to believe I was going to."

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What is with all these "unhappy campers?" Geez........if players don't get EVERYTHING they want now adays, they want greener pastures. It's turned into the "GFL".
Greedy Football League.

OP
OP
P

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
here are some stats he turns 25 on April 3

2004- 15 games 31-tackles, 9 sacks
2005- 16 games 58-tackles, 11 sacks, 7 FFum
2006- 16 games 76-tackles, 7.5 sacks, 1 Int, 3 FFum

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
here are some stats he turns 25 on April 3

2004- 15 games 31-tackles, 9 sacks
2005- 16 games 58-tackles, 11 sacks, 7 FFum
2006- 16 games 76-tackles, 7.5 sacks, 1 Int, 3 FFum

Cool, thanks for the post packerLegend.

Growth every year in the number of Tackles. Sacks come for the most part based on the line as a whole and ones opportunity in the called plays.

It has always been M.H.O. that the best years of a D Lineman are from 27 to 32 because of the experience factor.

I would say go get him if he is out there and make it an aggressive offer.

Raider Pride.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've heard that this guy is a huge dirtbag, and should have been suspended by the NFL several times

I heard that the world was ending in 1979 from my Jehovah Witness Auntie Helen as well.

I think any time we post a "I HEARD COMMENT" we should post a source with it.

If this was a Court of Law... Our Packer Forum friend and Attorney T.O. Pack Fan would stand up and shout... "Irrelevant Your Honor This Is Hear Say And Not Admissible."

Let's all just Post a source from where we heard a rumor, and it can not be from our Uncle Jim who said it while he was drinking at the Blue Star Bar and grill after his wife left him for his former girl friend.

Raider Pride.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
I've heard that this guy is a huge dirtbag, and should have been suspended by the NFL several times

I heard that the world was ending in 1979 from my Jehovah Witness Auntie Helen as well.

I think any time we post a "I HEARD COMMENT" we should post a source with it.

If this was a Court of Law... Our Packer Forum friend and Attorney T.O. Pack Fan would stand up and shout... "Irrelevant Your Honor This Is Hear Say And Not Admissible."

Let's all just Post a source from where we heard a rumor, and it can not be from our Uncle Jim who said it while he was drinking at the Blue Star Bar and grill after his wife left him for his former girl friend.

Raider Pride.
(I think that was 1975 RP! Not 1979!) :rotflmao:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts