1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

cheesey's going thru the grater!...

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by 4packgirl, Oct 6, 2006.

1. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    a few of you have asked me where cheesey has been lately. he told me it was ok to let y'all know the scoop.

he has a serious mold issue in his apartment & a POS landlord who does nothing about that or any other problems with the place.

cheesey & his wife decided they'd had enough & refused to pay rent this month. they immediately received a 30-day eviction notice.

they're trying to fight it but are packing things in preparation for the move. they have no place to go right now. to top it off, the cheeseman's not been feeling very well lately - major headaches & such.

i know cheesey believes in the power of prayer so keep him in your thoughts as they deal with this situation.
  2. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I've been wondering where cheesy has been off to for so long, I thought he might have gone hunting, and at wosrt feared he might have come down with something.

Glad to know his health is holding up fairly well. It is sad to hear this, scumlords seem to be spreading. I suppose the stress cheesy has had to go through has led to headaches starting. Sad thing to hear about, especially for someone like cheesy.

I'm pulling for you cheesy, will remember you in my prayers.
  3. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I thought he got banned. Not for namecalling.....just for his "sense of humor".

Just kidding cheesy...good luck. How about if AADP sends some rats over to take care of the problem. Rats eat mold right? Oh never mind they eat CHEESE.
  4. PackinSteel

PackinSteel Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Wow. We thought he was off hunting as well. Beginning to sound like this board needs someone versed in Tenant law! Hope they get things squared away. I believe they have the right to withhold rent as long as they go about it the correct way. Otherwise we'll be seein' the Cheesefolks on Judge Judy!
  5. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I thought to that he was off hunting, he always goes with relatives this time of year...

I know hes dealt with the mold issue in his apartment for way to long, I have told him to not to pay his rent cause the landlord should take care of this problem..he has tried many things to get rid of the mold but nothing seems to work..I told him to be careful him and his wife dont become sick...

I havent talked to Cheesy in a while, I dont believe they would have to move, renters do have rights, hopefully he gets this straightened out soon...or they find a sutiable place to live...

I will keep Cheesy and LJ in my prayers as they deal with this problem..
  6. Heatherthepackgirl

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Forgot to mentions thanks Illy for letting us all know...:)
  7. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks 4packgirl. I knew about Cheesey's toubles a few weeks ago and have been in touch with him, but not for the past few days. If anyone hear's from him let us know. He sounded really down and didn't know where to turn to. I gave him a few tips....county health dept.; county attorney's office to get in touch with. When I was at his place this past summer, he showed me what was happening. Landlords shouldn't be allowed to let things happen like this, and yes, renters have rights. He is also disabled, although you wouldn't know it to be with him, and I'm sure this weighs heavy on his mind.
    If anyone has his e-mail can you send it to me PM? I would like to get in touch with him also. We usually "chatted" 2-3 times a day.

MontanaBob
  8. PackinSteel

PackinSteel Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I passed the dilema onto one of the partners where I work (Law firm) and here is his reply - in case anyone is in touch with Alan:

Sad to say it, but I would advise them to lawyer up. At least get someone to write a letter saying the basis for withholding rent, the landlord's failure to address the mold problem, the mold problem putting the tenant's at health risk, etc., etc. Can the tenant actually use the withheld rent to address the problem, if so, I would suggest doing that. If they are just withholding the rent as a way of getting the landlord's attention, that may not work. They need to be withholding it to use it to address a problem that the landlord has failed to address.

One of the things your friend should play up is the health risk angle. Some of the molds can pose a health risk and if I were in their position I'd threaten an action for damages for adverse health consequences. It may get the landlords attention since that could be greater out of pocket costs.

9. coloradopackfan

coloradopackfan Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The Cheese has mold...???

Well, just cut it off and eat around it!

(Had to tell that baaaad joke in honor of Cheesey.)

Hope everything works out, Cheeseman.
  10. PackinSteel

PackinSteel Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm sure Cheesey would still welcome the humor!
  11. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Packin.....from what I know and have seen, being at his home in July, this has been an ongoing thing for a long time. This and several other issues with the home that the landlord as failed to address at all.
  12. YERCELL

YERCELL Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well since cheesey isn't here, I highly doubt giving advice to him on here will do anything. Why don't you give him a call since you all seem to be friends?
  13. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i just got an email from him & it looks like they may have found a place in port washington - just 2 miles from where they are now. it's more expensive but much nicer so hopefully they'll get it.

he said he was gonna try to get on the site this weekend sometime - i know he'll be happy to see so many people pulling for him. he just didn't want y'all to think he was mad at anyone or anything.

i'm sending you a PM, montana.
  14. vikesrule

vikesrule Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My thoughts go out to cheesey and my prayers. I was wondering where he was.

Cheesey is my favorite packer fan, bar none !!!!

Cheesey, if you get to read this soon, take care my compadre. And it may sound strange, but if there is anything that I can do, let me know.
    PM me if ya want to

I'll be thinking of you and your family
  15. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I was wondering where my buddy cheese was. I think he's one of those guys that makes everyone feel like your his best friend. He has a way of being funny and angtagonizing but would feel terrible if he ever found out you were hurt by him. He's one of few here where I;m interested in him not just as a Packer fan but as a person. I've told him before if I could choose one person to tailgate with from here it would be him.
    Wish you the best Cheese and may you be back soon.
    Just don't let those Commi bastards take you alive. LOL
    Let the landlord know he doesn't want PF nation coming for his ***
  16. Heatherthepackgirl

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That is so true, he does feel like your best friend, I got to meet him last November, but have been a friend of his for along time now. He is a very special person and friend..

Besides the mold he also had issues with the landlord plowing the snow in his driveway,,,apparently that was part of the agreement when he moved in..but he has been doing it since living there..so yes lots of issues..

You cant really call him cause he has a pre paid phone card so he would use all his minutes up...
  17. Heatherthepackgirl

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Okay the more I thought of it,,,I did try and call him I do have his number but noone home,,I did leave a message for him if he can afford to call me back,,otherwise I will keep trying,,now I am worried about him and his wife my friends...
  18. 4thand26

4thand26 Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Cheesy the class act. Hope things work out well. You definately have my respect for being a good person. I believe that good things happen to good people. Sometimes, that is hard to see, but I still believe in it. Good luck.
  19. Heatherthepackgirl

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I just talked to Cheesy, and like 4packgirl said he did find a place to rent in Port Washington, nicer place..but said he didnt know if he could afford to stay on his computer now that his rent is alittle bit higher then before..have to wait and see...

But glad hes okay..:)
  20. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    First......thank you 4pack for filling everyone in on whats been going on.
    And to all of you that have taken the time to write, i do really appreciate it! The jokes too! :wink:
    My sense of humor got flushed down the toidy with what we have been going through. That was kind of why i didn't post. I didn't want to be a "downer" or start talking stupid (i mean MORE stupid than usual!).
    The mold here is getting even worse. As i pack and move things to storage, it seems like it has kicked it up and its showing up even more. We lost so much stuff it makes me cry thinking about it. Both my parents and my wife's parents are dead, and we lost things that can't be replaced.
    The landlord told us before we even moved in here he was gonna put up a garage for us, as there's no basement or storage. So stuff stayed in boxes for the whole 7 years we have been here. When we rented the storage unit last February, and i started going through stuff, i saw just how bad it really was.
    There is mold everywhere. I showed it to the landlord's wife a year ago, and she said she would get her husband on it right away. I waited from then (october 2005) till December, and he wouldn't even come next door to LOOK at it. He told me it was MY problem, and I had to fix it. Well, i did what i could, worked several days cleaning with bleach water (which made me very sick) and double painted with mold resistant paint. But it came back anyway, and the guy STILL won't even look at it. All he says is "WHERE'S MY RENT MONEY???" The place is no longer safe for human habitation. There is water that comes from the ceiling, and leaks out of the ceiling fan in the living room. (And it's NOT when it's raining) and the light fixture in the bathroom blew out cause water leaks through that too. The water pipes run through the ceiling (there's no basement here) and i think it's coming from that. There's a huge crack in the living room (and now bedroom too) ceiling. And even more......but i'm getting tired of typing about it.
    So we have found a place 2 miles from where we are now. It's alot more expensive, but we HAVE to get out of here. I don't even WANT to be here anymore. It's dangerous. I don't know if when we move if i will be able to afford keeping the computer, but i hope so. I would really miss all of you too. This place has been my little bit of sanity while trying to keep my self together while dealing with that lazy POS landlord.
    We DID go to the health department and file an official complaint 2 days ago. I took photos of the mold and stuff, along with 13 pages of notes i kept over the last year. My wife said she doesn't want some poor person maybe with a child, move into here and die because it's so unsafe. We would feel responsible if we did nothing to stop this guy.
    So......now you know the short version of whats going on. I will try to keep you all posted, and know where we are at. We don't have a move in date yet from the new landlady, but the place is vacant, so hopefully we can get out of here even sooner then the lazy SOB wants us out. We have till the 30th to "vacate" this place.
    Thank you all again for writting in this thread...........it really makes me feel better to know there really ARE people that give a damn about me.
    THANK YOU!!!!!
    Cheesey (Alan)
  21. Heatherthepackgirl

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Cheesy,

So glad you are getting out of there and to a new place with NO mold...hopefully something will come out of the report you put in on this landlord and so called place you are living...

Always remember god dont give us more then we can handle in life, and I dont know how this works but when you are short on money things take care of themselves..it will work out for you guys..

You will be missed terribly if you cannot be on the computer anymore, then I will have to fly out to WI more to see you is all...

Stay in touch my friend
    I am here if you need anything
    Heather
  22. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Hedder........i'm SO tired. But at least i'm getting stuff done. It's slow going, but at least i don't have to try to move everything in one day. That would have been a real killer.
  23. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Nice to hear from you cheesy, glad to know you are doing as good as can be under the circumstances.

Here is hoping that you can get this sorted out quickly, and hopefully return to this forum (wouldn't be the same without you; the smell of rotten cheese wouldn't be around anymore :p ).

Anyways cheesinator, will remember you in my prayers, and know you've got a whole section of pf.com (viking and bear fans too! :shock:) rooting for you through all this.
  24. vikesrule

vikesrule Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Cheesey, a kindred spirit, really good to hear from you.
    Seriously hope that everything will come together for you.
    You're a good man (for a Packer fan) :wink:
    Don't worry about "being a downer", we all go through some bad stuff in life,
    and it never hurts to count on other good people,
    or even other packer fans :)
    Take care amigo and PM me if youse want to.
  25. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Thanks allabout and Vikes!
    Vikes.......I NEVER thought i'd say this........your a great guy! (For a VIKINGS fan!) :wink: :lol:
    Allabout.......and anyone else that reads this.......I believe theres power in prayer, and i appreciate and desire all the prayers any of you can give up for me!
    I think God is getting us out of here because it IS getting so dangerous. Seriously, I never saw a place get this bad. When Montana Bob was here, i was embarassed to even let him SEE where i live. I know it's not my fault, but i felt really low about it. The mold, the cracks in the ceiling.......all bad. I now wish we would have got out of here sooner, when it could have been by OUR design, not by force. But i hated even the idea of moving. Any of you that have moved know what i mean. It's a real chore to move. We have been here 7 years, and put up with the landlord because we love the location, right on the Milwaukee river. But it's just not worth dieing over.
    I KNOW it's for the best, but man, i'm so tired. I got alot more done today. Luckily, it's not in the middle of winter when this happened.
    Well, thank you all again!!!
    Cheesey