Check this out...

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Forget it we've been through this ad nauseum. Collins has contributed and Poppinga is starting to do OK. That's what we've gotten from that draft after a 4-12 season. Remember, Sherman left the cupboard bare. We should have gotten at least a dozen starters from that draft if that's the case. Potential, such as Rodgers, Montgomery and whomever else you mentioned is just that....potential.....which means they haven't done **** yet on a team that has gone 7 and 16 since they were drafted.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Forget it we've been through this ad nauseum.

You asked for a synopsis of the 2005 draft and said it was a complete waste. I summerized that we currently have 4 contributers on the 53 man roster and 2 starters. The third year of that draft (next year), which is typically considered the measuring stick for any draft class, we are likely to have 4 starters. Of course that a prediction of the potential, but that's all that can be done with the draft class at this point.

Collins has contributed and Poppinga is starting to do OK. That's what we've gotten from that draft after a 4-12 season. Remember, Sherman left the cupboard bare. We should have gotten at least a dozen starters from that draft if that's the case.

However you figure it, we have 2 solid starters from the draft, which is not a complete waste. I never said it shows that to be a great draft, but it's far from a complete waste. To think that if a draft doesn't produce 12 starters that it must be a complete waste takes the cake as the stupidest thing I'd seen or heard this week.

Potential, such as Rodgers, Montgomery and whomever else you mentioned is just that....potential.....which means they haven't done **** yet on a team that has gone 7 and 16 since they were drafted.

BTW, please read my complete post last time. I mentioned at the start that Rodgers cannot be judged good or bad yet and therefore doesn't count. It doesn't matter anyway since IMO Sherman would have drafted Rodgers also.

As for Montgomery, I only have stated him to be a contributing backup, which is what he's doing now -- i.e. not potential but actual assessment of production!

Ah, what's the point. You see 2 starters (and likely to be 4 starters) as being a complete waste. I see it as ok, but not great.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Collins has contributed and Poppinga is starting to do OK. That's what we've gotten from that draft after a 4-12 season. Remember, Sherman left the cupboard bare. We should have gotten at least a dozen starters from that draft if that's the case.

DePack you're getting ridiculous, a team can't have more than 10 draft picks, and to expect that all the draft picks + 2 imaginary draft picks becomes starters is, yea just stupid ;)

jhensiak

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's a flaw in the logic.

1)The new GM wants "his" players, so he makes moves accordingly. This is nothing new and happens with each team as they change managers.

2)That type of turnover is not unusual....Jake DelHomme is the starting QB for a very successful team. Was he a #1 pick? Tom Brady? Drafting is a crap shoot at best. Donald Driver is among the league's best, but was a 7th round pick.

Mike Sherman favored veterans. He didn't like rookies. Please don't try to make the case that Sherman was a failure. His record speaks otherwise. His PHILOSOPHY was he didn't like to draft rookies. He was successful doing it until Thompson arrived with a different philosophy.

Ted Thompson likes to build through the draft. He has a coach who also can work with younger players. I think this approach will also be successful. BOTH APPROACHES CAN WIN.

The lack of victories last season was the direct result of the changeover of philosophies, not the lack of players. The Packers defense, for example, was among the leagues best last year. Statistically, it's among the worst this year. Yet you think last year stunk and this year is ok.

Both approaches can be successful. A winning team is a combination of talent, coaching, lack of injuries, schedule and flat out breaks.

The draft is only one element of a successful team.

That's an interesting way of looking at it. Look, Sherman loved the Packers and was very loyal and devoted. But the truth is he was not very smart. Free Agency mistakes like Hunt and Joe Johnson just KILL at team and prevent you from resigning your own FA's. With the Salary cap in place, I am sorry but you are WRONG, the Draft (as well as undrafted free agent's is what make a CONSISTANTLY good team. Sprinkle in a few good FA sigings to complete the process. Sherman could not even get a job as a offensive Cordinatior because people that know,.. well...KNEW! Thompson built the Seahawks,...watch them turn to **** now he is gone and they make stupid mistakes like $49 million for Nate Burleson. It will take years for them to recover from that stupidity and Sherman made a couple of those mistakes. Sherman,...inherited a great team, rode the wave, made mistakes, drafted like crap, team turned to garbage, lost his job. Thompson inherited a joke of a roster, cleaned up the mess, look some lumps, and now the Packers are one of the YOUNG, TALENTED, and UP and coming teams in the NFL people are talking about. This reminds me of the time when Wolf came in cleaned house, Drafted well, and life in Packerland greatly improved. The instant gratification approach to building a team will just get you the REDSKINS and RAIDERS year in and out.

OP
OP
M

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's a flaw in the logic.

1)The new GM wants "his" players, so he makes moves accordingly. This is nothing new and happens with each team as they change managers.

2)That type of turnover is not unusual....Jake DelHomme is the starting QB for a very successful team. Was he a #1 pick? Tom Brady? Drafting is a crap shoot at best. Donald Driver is among the league's best, but was a 7th round pick.

Mike Sherman favored veterans. He didn't like rookies. Please don't try to make the case that Sherman was a failure. His record speaks otherwise. His PHILOSOPHY was he didn't like to draft rookies. He was successful doing it until Thompson arrived with a different philosophy.

Ted Thompson likes to build through the draft. He has a coach who also can work with younger players. I think this approach will also be successful. BOTH APPROACHES CAN WIN.

The lack of victories last season was the direct result of the changeover of philosophies, not the lack of players. The Packers defense, for example, was among the leagues best last year. Statistically, it's among the worst this year. Yet you think last year stunk and this year is ok.

Both approaches can be successful. A winning team is a combination of talent, coaching, lack of injuries, schedule and flat out breaks.

The draft is only one element of a successful team.

this doesnt make sense

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As they said in the Monty Python skit; "I have just experienced deja vu!"

This topic is so old...relax and enjoy the weekly improvement that the Packers are showing.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Forget it we've been through this ad nauseum. Collins has contributed and Poppinga is starting to do OK. That's what we've gotten from that draft after a 4-12 season. Remember, Sherman left the cupboard bare. We should have gotten at least a dozen starters from that draft if that's the case. Potential, such as Rodgers, Montgomery and whomever else you mentioned is just that....potential.....which means they haven't done **** yet on a team that has gone 7 and 16 since they were drafted.

These are not the guys we got from the 4-12 season. These are who were drafted from the 10-6 season.

We got a BOAT LOAD of talent out of the 4-12 season. You won't see drafts with that many first year contributers hardly EVER.

The point is out of both of these last two drafts we have a bunch of guys making a positive impact on the team. It's a shame Underwood and Murph went down or it would be even more impressive.

rundemc

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the best way to grade thompson is to see what will happen when favre is gone if rodgers isnt the guy how long it takes him to find another franchise QB

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man....you guys are so EASY. Everybody gets their **** caught in a ringer if you don't say "TT is God and never made a mistake". For those of you that said things such as that's the stupidest..... just plain dumb..... you look like the biggest idiots on here (remember mods...I'm just responding to these guys).

I've been fair with your superhero. I've even said that his second draft looks excellent. I'm sorry but his first draft looks like **** so far, and if you hingeheads are so far up his *** to see it, that's your problem. As digs said this has been hashed over and over, but it's become chic on this board to continually rip Sherman to deflect criticism from the "white haired wonder".

Just relax........and we'll keep checking his record. After all until he wins a Lombardi Trophy he is a failure.....right? Just like Mike Sherman!!

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A Post above.... Wrote:

"This topic is so old...relax and enjoy the weekly improvement that the Packers are showing. "

Diggy,

I feel your pain. I appreciate your point, and I respect your opinion.

However, this is a Packer Forum. I thought this link, the break down on who is still here and how the team was built is an GREAT post. I enjoyed the link becuase I had the opportunity to look at how the team was build in a simple format without having to think about each draft.

Sure we have discussed this at length before... But not all of here have been on the forum for as long as you and I and others. We have new members, as well as guests who are always on line.

It is OK to re-hash old topics.

This is a forum.

Just my humble opinion. But I thank "Millertime" for taking the time.... to forward this link. Great Post.

RP

sbp_387

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How to rebuid a team through the draft:

bangles: Draft a qb, wr, and rd then the most important part .... PLAY them

how not to rebuid a team:

browns: Draft a te, wr, then an mlb notice no good first round qb to throw to the wr or the te... mabey they are thinking that the can use a mlb they drafter to throw to their previous 1st round picks...
(fry is not a good qb)

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man....you guys are so EASY. Everybody gets their **** caught in a ringer if you don't say "TT is God and never made a mistake". For those of you that said things such as that's the stupidest..... just plain dumb..... you look like the biggest idiots on here (remember mods...I'm just responding to these guys).

I've been fair with your superhero. I've even said that his second draft looks excellent. I'm sorry but his first draft looks like **** so far, and if you hingeheads are so far up his *** to see it, that's your problem. As digs said this has been hashed over and over, but it's become chic on this board to continually rip Sherman to deflect criticism from the "white haired wonder".

Just relax........and we'll keep checking his record. After all until he wins a Lombardi Trophy he is a failure.....right? Just like Mike Sherman!!

Poor battered DePack getting his undies in a bundle everytime someone gives TT credit or bashes Sherman.

I've ripped TT several times on this board and will continue to do so. With some very straight forward work we could have kept Wahle last year and signed Hutchinson in the offseason. That would give us a line of Clifton, Wahle, Wells, Hutchinson and Tauchser. Now that's a great group to build an offense behind. It's also what I believe Sherman would have tried to do if he was still GM.

Sherman saw this team as being only a couple players away from a championship, and he wasn't far off when you review his results. Because of that, he worked to keep the team together and bring in a few players to help improve. Some worked out, others didn't. There were a ton of teams after Joe Johnson as a FA. Sherman got him and he just flopped here in GB, but at the time he was signed everyone thought it was a great deal.

Ah, whatever. TT has messed up on plenty of FA moves thusfar. Manuel being by far the worst. After 2 wins in a row, it's easy to blame Sherman for the previous mess and crown TT as a genius. Now if we start losing a few games in a row, TT will be the goat again.

Being a GM must be one of the most difficult jobs. You have to make risky moves to improve the team and it's guarenteed that some will miss. Being good isn't about hitting more than missing, it's about hitting with the correct mix to make a great team. Just as Sherman wasn't as bad as many make him out, TT isn't as bad as you make him out. Basically I hope that TT ends up being one of the best because I want to see GB win.

GO PACK GO!!!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Poor battered DePack getting his undies in a bundle everytime someone gives TT credit or bashes Sherman"

Now THAT is original......nothing at all like getting your ******* in a bunch or your **** caught in a ringer. I don't make TT out to be bad. You guys just read that part of my posts. I have been fair to TT. He had, in my opinion a great draft in 2006. I can and am more than willing to admit that. In my opinion, he had a sh1tty draft in 2005....for whatever reason. Injuries, change in scheme whatever. I think if he had a good 2005 draft we'd be in much better shape. I've never called for his job and have said if the team shows significant improvement at the end of this season he should stay. Isn't that fair? I'm not trying to rip the man but when someone posts about what a great draft he had last year, I feel I have a right to respond. If that offends people enough to throw names around, that's cool, but just expect to get it back.

The biggest problem I have is the need for people to have to tear down Mike Sherman in order to make TT look good. He can and should stand on his record.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This will serve as your warning...

Keep it on football and avoid the personal stuff.

Also let's try and keep it a little more family friendly, easy on the language and what we are running through the ringer and what not! OUCH!!

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Poor battered DePack getting his undies in a bundle everytime someone gives TT credit or bashes Sherman"

Now THAT is original......nothing at all like getting your ******* in a bunch or your **** caught in a ringer. I don't make TT out to be bad. You guys just read that part of my posts. I have been fair to TT. He had, in my opinion a great draft in 2006. I can and am more than willing to admit that. In my opinion, he had a sh1tty draft in 2005....for whatever reason. Injuries, change in scheme whatever. I think if he had a good 2005 draft we'd be in much better shape. I've never called for his job and have said if the team shows significant improvement at the end of this season he should stay. Isn't that fair? I'm not trying to rip the man but when someone posts about what a great draft he had last year, I feel I have a right to respond. If that offends people enough to throw names around, that's cool, but just expect to get it back.

The biggest problem I have is the need for people to have to tear down Mike Sherman in order to make TT look good. He can and should stand on his record.

So why then is it if the '05 draft had been better we would be better is it wrong to be critical of Sherman for not drafting better in all of those previous years? That draft is a coup compared to the talent we are getting any benefit from out of the previous three drafts to '05.

You expect a "dozen guys" to come out of one draft but want to ignore the fact we got less than a handful of players out of several draft years. If MS had been able to bring in even TWO players a year thru the draft that would have amounted to quality contributing starters would we not be better off at this time? Why is it all on the '05 draft?

If you want to be a Sherman Backer fine. Go for it. But I wouldn't go slamming any other GM's draft record for many, many years. The memory of MS's moves in this regard is way to fresh.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
are people still bickering in this thread?

lol

cmon!

packers are good now!

until they lose...

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:

So why then is it if the '05 draft had been better we would be better is it wrong to be critical of Sherman for not drafting better in all of those previous years? That draft is a coup compared to the talent we are getting any benefit from out of the previous three drafts to '05.

You expect a "dozen guys" to come out of one draft but want to ignore the fact we got less than a handful of players out of several draft years. If MS had been able to bring in even TWO players a year thru the draft that would have amounted to quality contributing starters would we not be better off at this time? Why is it all on the '05 draft?

If you want to be a Sherman Backer fine. Go for it. But I wouldn't go slamming any other GM's draft record for many, many years. The memory of MS's moves in this regard is way to fresh.

Sigh......I was being facetious with the "dozen" mark, since you guys said Sherman left the cupboard bare. It shouldn't take much to fill a bare cupboard, right? Get it?

You can be critical of Sherman all you want.....live in the past. I don't criticize TT to make Sherman look good which is why you guys always rip Sherman. It's your party...have at it. I am also very fair with TT. I'm really sorry that you can't handle the fact that I don't like the 05 draft. Is the man, or any of his moves off limits?

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For those of you that want to rip Sherman for his drafting, you might want to check out what Cliff Christl, someone who's done an actual analysis of the draft over the last few years, has to say:

From the jsonline, October 31, 2006

"With Brett Favre playing well and within himself, and Ahman Green running more and more like the Ahman Green of old, it's tempting to play the what-if game.

What if the Packers had been able to keep Javon Walker happy and hadn't traded him during the off-season? Would they be as good as they were in 2004 before he got hurt and they were reigning division champs?

Maybe the Packers still wouldn't be as good as Chicago, but that's not a far-fetched question. Walker would make this offense all the more potent. But, then again, if the Packers hadn't traded Walker, they might not have some of the same draft picks and maybe the offensive line wouldn't be where it is in its development. Even if they'd be better off with Walker that raises too many other what-ifs.

So let the game move on.

What if the Packers hadn't squandered an inordinate number of draft picks from 2001 to 2004 and had more three- to six-year veterans, players who should be nearing or at the top of their games, filling key roles?

Those four drafts yielded just five players who are contributing: tight end David Martin (2001), defensive end Aaron Kampman ('02), linebacker Nick Barnett ('03), defensive tackle Corey Williams ('04) and center Scott Wells ('04). Kampman and Barnett are probably playing as well as anybody on defense. But the Packers would be better off if they were in a supporting role, not a lead role.

So where did they miss out?

It would seem rather obvious that the first place to look would be the 2004 draft, Mike Sherman's disaster; the draft that yielded Ahmad Carroll in the first round; and Joey Thomas, Donnell Washington and B.J. Sander in the third round.

But here's why it's best to be wary of off-the-cuff criticisms. No question, it was a terrible draft. But the Packers didn't miss out on a lot of good players, either, at least not in the neighborhood where they drafted.

The two players chosen directly after Carroll in the first round were running back Chris Perry and linebacker Jason Babin, and neither one is a starter or probably any more advanced than Carroll at this point.

Carolina drafted another cornerback Chris Gamble next. Gamble is a solid starter. He would have been a better choice than Carroll, but he has had his ups and downs, as well, and probably is no better than either of the Packers' starting cornerbacks.

There were three more players taken over the final four picks who are starting for other teams, but, again, probably aren't any better than what the Packers have starting at those positions. Those players are wide receiver Michael Jenkins with Atlanta, running back Kevin Jones with Detroit and tight end Ben Watson with New England. The one exception might be Watson, who could be a standout in the making.

The other choice at the end of the round was wide receiver Rashaun Woods by San Francisco, and he's no longer in the league.

Eleven of the first 14 picks in the second round also are starters this season. And the Packers could use some of them.

Chris Snee appears to be emerging as a Pro Bowl guard for the New York Giants and would provide the Packers with more experience and strength at that position. Jacksonville's Daryl Smith probably would be a starter for them at strong-side linebacker. If the Packers had drafted running back Julius Jones before Dallas, they probably would have said good-bye to Green by now. And safety Bob Sanders, taken 19 spots after Carroll by Indianapolis, would be a substantial upgrade over Marquand Manuel. Center Jake Grove, drafted by Oakland with the 13th pick of the second round, is another solid starter, but in the same class as Wells.

Of the final 17 players drafted in the second round, the one who probably would fill a need for the Packers better than any other would be San Francisco cornerback Shawntae Spencer. And he'd be a nickel back.

Of the 33 draft picks in the third round that year, 16 have been starters. But other than Arizona defensive tackle Darnell Dockett, a Cullen Jenkins type; Washington's productive H-back Chris Cooley, who would be a nice fit in Coach Mike McCarthy's multiple tight end offense; and Carolina tackle Travelle Wharton, who'd be a solid backup to Chad Clifton and Mark Tauscher, the Packers wouldn't have had much of a need for any of them.

While the Packers blew all three of their third-round picks, they weren't the only ones making mistakes. In all, 12 of the 33 choices are either out of the league or have been waived by their original teams.

The steal of that draft was defensive end Jared Allen, taken by Kansas City with the 30th choice of the fourth round. He's already close to being a top 10 player at that position. The Packers liked him that year, had him ranked about where he was drafted, but Sherman traded away two fourth-round choices.

Two other fourth-round picks, linebacker Shaun Phillips of San Diego and cornerback Nathan Vasher of Chicago, would help the current Packers as situational players, if not starters.

In a nutshell, if the Packers had taken someone like Snee instead of Carroll; and say a Cooley and Allen as two of their third-round picks, they'd be a better team. But a threat to win the Super Bowl? Probably not.

It just wasn't that good a draft after the top 20 picks or so.

But, now, let's look at 2001.

That was the year the Packers owned the 10th choice and selected defensive end Jamal Reynolds, then followed that by taking wide receiver Robert Ferguson in the second round, and defensive back Bhawoh Jue and linebacker Torrence Marshall in the third round.

It was former general manager Ron Wolf's last draft. And there has been considerable debate about whether he was at fault or Sherman, his appointed successor, for the first two picks. Sherman had considerable influence. But it was still Wolf's call and he also liked the players who were taken.

In the bigger picture, it's inconsequential. Say Wolf had insisted on taking linebacker Dan Morgan over Reynolds, which he later said would have been his preference. And say he had chosen Wisconsin receiver Chris Chambers over Ferguson.

Morgan is a good player, but he has never played an entire season. When this season ends, he will have missed 40 of 96 games with injuries. That means if the Packers had drafted him, they would have had to line up with their backup middle linebacker in better than 40% of the games the last six seasons.

They're better off with Barnett,

Chambers is a better receiver than Ferguson, but not a difference-maker.

Still, that was a draft where the Packers should have cashed it in big. That was a draft where they had a chance to land players who might have been the foundation for several more Super Bowl runs.

Three slots after the Packers took Reynolds, Jacksonville landed defensive tackle Marcus Stroud, who also had ranked high on the Packers' board. He's one of the top five defensive tackles in the game, a complete player and a three-time Pro Bowl choice in his first five years.

In the second round, three choices after Ferguson went, Carolina drafted defensive tackle Kris Jenkins. Later in the second round, Detroit picked defensive tackle Shaun Rogers.

Jenkins had emerged as perhaps the best defensive tackle in the game before injuries cut short his last two seasons. He's back and maybe not as disruptive as he was, but he's getting close to being a top five defensive tackle again. Rogers might have been playing better than any defensive tackle in the NFC when he was recently suspended for violation of the league's drug policy.

Back in 2001, the Packers' projected starters at defensive tackle were Santana Dotson, 32 and coming off a serious quadriceps injury; and Russell Maryland, a 32-year old stopgap.

They had a need there and it was the strongest position of the draft. Pittsburgh's Casey Hampton, one of the game's premier nose tackles, was another player available. He was taken nine picks after Reynolds.

Had the Packers allowed the strength of the draft to dictate their picks, never a bad approach, they could have had Stroud and Jenkins, or Stroud and Rogers, in the first two rounds. There also was a pretty good receiver sitting there in the third round when the Packers chose Jue and Marshall with back-to-back picks. Carolina took Steve Smith, one of the most explosive players in the game, two choices later.

Put Stroud and Jenkins or Stroud and Rogers in the middle of the Packers' lineup and nobody in the league might have a better defense, the Bears included. Give the Packers Smith, as well, and there's a good chance they'd be the team to beat heading into Super Bowl XLI."

OP
OP
M

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
A Post above.... Wrote:

"This topic is so old...relax and enjoy the weekly improvement that the Packers are showing. "

Diggy,

I feel your pain. I appreciate your point, and I respect your opinion.

However, this is a Packer Forum. I thought this link, the break down on who is still here and how the team was built is an GREAT post. I enjoyed the link becuase I had the opportunity to look at how the team was build in a simple format without having to think about each draft.

Sure we have discussed this at length before... But not all of here have been on the forum for as long as you and I and others. We have new members, as well as guests who are always on line.

It is OK to re-hash old topics.

This is a forum.

Just my humble opinion. But I thank "Millertime" for taking the time.... to forward this link. Great Post.

RP

thanks buddy, i thought it was an interesting page. i also think this make the outlook for the packers brighter seeing how important the draft is to a teams success. im glad we got TT drafting for us. although i think i would do a good job too. lol

OP
OP
M

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i wonder if he wrote this artivle after seeing this post. seems like a coincidence.

OP
OP
M

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.packers.com/team/how_built/

I dug up this old thread because I was thinking of how awesome our d-line is. Almost all of our D-line rotation is filled with guys who were late round picks or undrafted FA's. These are guys who battled for roster spots, worked hard, and now start. Pickett was a first rounder for St. Louis, but was considered a bust after his first couple seasons. After almost being cut, he stepped up his play and earned a good contract from GB.

Jenkins- undrafted
Pickett- FA
Jolly - 6th round
Kampman -5th round

KGB - 5th
Williams - 6th round
Cole - undrafted

Not to mention:

Montgomery - 6th round
Harrell - 1st
Hunter - undrafted
Muir - undrafted

Goes to show that even a first round pick like Harrell, has to earn his playing time.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The re-writing of Packer history has to be done to make TT look like a genius!!!

Quit trying to write off the fact that when MS was in Green bay it was a pretty successful time.

Some of you seem to be trying just a little to hard to prop up TT, things are what they are, nothing anyone on these forums can do about it.

:bang:

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, a successful time with somebody elses players and many of those getting old. Teams are GOING to change. With those changes teams nead to find and replace guys with equal or what will be BETTER talent.

The fact that Wolf signed up most of our guys on offense for an extended time kept that group together for about as long as a team can expect to stay the same.

MS couldn't pick his nose when it came to talent on the football field.

The defense slowly, bit by bit, deteriorated. As the defense began to see less talent so did our record. All you have to do is look at how our defensive stats began to slide so did our won loss record.

MS also had Favre, Flanny, Rivera, Wahle, Green, Henderson, Bubba, and Co. IN THEIR PRIME. You don't stay prime for ever. He should have been more damn successful than he was and brought home at least one SB .

It was how poorly, however, he reacted to the loss of personnel on defense that eventually lead to the evaporation of a home field dynasty. We went from invincible at home to a joke in his tenure and with his failure to react to the needs of the defense.

And yes I will give props to TT for recognizing this team was full of holes, had an aging offense, no defense, and no backups. It is actually quite incredible when you consider how far our talent level fell from the '02 and '03 seasons when we actually were a real football team.

Anybody that couldn't see how much trouble this team was in talent wise by '05 doesn't know much about football or just plain chooses to put their head in the sand regarding this issue.

Members online

Latest posts