Cheap shot on Barnett

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think thats why Barnett came out so ticked off in the second half. He was NOT a happy camper!
I don't blame him though........anyone that trys to poke out your eye should be kicked out of football.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
Barnett was amazing. He should get his eyes poked more often
No....if he got his other eye poked, all he would be able to be was a referee!!!!LOLOLOL!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never heard what happened to Barnett today until I went on Packers.com and watched the post-game interview. I guess Oakland's center intentionally poked him in the eye and scratched his cornea. Hopefully, the league fines and/or suspends that thug from the Raiders.

http://www.packers.com/multimedia/videos/recent/

Getting poked in the eye is kind of like getting kicked in the balls. They both hurt like hell.

I give Barnett credit for not retaliating. It proves that he knows how to play the game clean at a high level. What comes around goes around. The Oakland center will get his some day.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
They play for the Raiders... what else is to be expected from them?

However I will say this.. the Raider now don't even come close to the cheap shot artists they once were..

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
I never heard what happened to Barnett today until I went on Packers.com and watched the post-game interview. I guess Oakland's center intentionally poked him in the eye and scratched his cornea. Hopefully, the league fines and/or suspends that thug from the Raiders.

Getting poked in the eye is kind of like getting kicked in the balls. They both hurt like hell.

I give Barnett credit for not retaliating. It proves that he knows how to play the game clean at a high level. What comes around goes around. The Oakland center will get his some day.

I think the reason he didn't retaliate is you can't. I've been poked in the eye before (not intentionally) and I was completely disoriented. I'm sure that's how he felt.

One thing I wonder about the NFL is how come more people don't cover their eyes? We had a more severe eye injury this year. Forgot who it was. I remember big Gilbert Brown used to have a face shield that kept him from being poked in the eye. Jim McMahon used to too.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and there was that Cleveland guy who was forced into retirement after the official hit him in the eye with his penalty flag. he got in the ref's face, and was fined for that, to make matters worse.

skibum55

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CM_Awesome said:
cheesey said:
Yared-Yam said:
No....if he got his other eye poked, all he would be able to be was a referee!!!!LOLOLOL!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

:beer:

you got that right.
Thanks CM! I didn't know if anyone would appreciate my joke!!! :lol:

Leave it to cheesey to always bring in truth and logic.

:pop: :beer:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
CM_Awesome said:
cheesey said:
Yared-Yam said:

:beer:

you got that right.
Thanks CM! I didn't know if anyone would appreciate my joke!!! :lol:

Leave it to cheesey to always bring in truth and logic.

:pop: :beer:
Thanks Skibum!
I always try to make people laugh.......AND bring in some truth along with it! It's not always the easiest thing to do! But it sure is FUN! :lol:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:

I've had BOTH! (thankfully not at the same time!!!)
My dog scratched my cornea once. I couldn't see out of that eye for days. The doctor put some ointment in it, and i had to cover it with a patch for awhile. (I made the best of it though.............walking around going "ARRRRR.....Avast ya swabs!" For about a week!) :lol:
You guys know me..........i couldn't resist making a joke out of something that scared the crap outta me!

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
vike4life said:
NDPackerFan said:

I think the reason he didn't retaliate is you can't. I've been poked in the eye before (not intentionally) and I was completely disoriented. I'm sure that's how he felt.

One thing I wonder about the NFL is how come more people don't cover their eyes? We had a more severe eye injury this year. Forgot who it was. I remember big Gilbert Brown used to have a face shield that kept him from being poked in the eye. Jim McMahon used to too.

IMO, the part where he showed good restraint was once he got back on the field. I'd still be pissed and wanting to get some payback. But he just gamed.

And the player with the scratched cornea was Bubba. Yep, he missed a bunch of time early this season, too. And I can't figure out why they don't start players at the earliest youth levels playing with eye shields and concussion-prevention helmets. Pro players don't switch over cause they don't feel comfortable with the added stuff. Same deal with hockey..

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And now, the NFL doesn't allow the helmet shield, unless THEY give their ok. I don't understand why, as what bad can come from a player using it?

OP
OP
NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
vike4life said:
NDPackerFan said:

You might be thinking of Scott Wells...he fractured an eye orbital this season and missed a couple games.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts