Charlotte Packer Fans

YoKramer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who all is going to be at the game September 18th. Figured maybe we could meet at one point before the game or figure out a way to sit close and show the Panther "Fans" how to cheer a team.

Reaction score
i'll be going to the game! It's a pretty far drive for me to the Bank Of America Stadium .. 20 minutes. But anyways I'm going to be there..

Packfan14

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who all is going to be at the game September 18th. Figured maybe we could meet at one point before the game or figure out a way to sit close and show the Panther "Fans" how to cheer a team.

i was going but an unexpected expense appeared. so much for an much anticipated 80 mile/1.5 hour drive

OP
OP
YoKramer

YoKramer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i was going but an unexpected expense appeared. so much for an much anticipated 80 mile/1.5 hour drive

That sucks :(

Haha I hope you realize I was being sarcastic.

Where are you located? Im over off of Harris and Robinson Church so its not that far of a drive for me either. Just wish they would send a Lynx line out this way so I wouldnt have to park.

Reaction score
That sucks :(

Where are you located? Im over off of Harris and Robinson Church so its not that far of a drive for me either. Just wish they would send a Lynx line out this way so I wouldnt have to park.

I live off of exit 25 near birkdale village. So basically just outside of charlotte.

packerfan27514

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm the organizer of the Triangle Area (Raleigh/Durham, NC) Packers Fans group on Meetup.com. We're bringing a group of 46 people sitting together as well as a few other groups of 2-4 people each who have their own tickets. We'd love to tailgate with other Packer fans before the game, but 30 of us will be coming in a chartered bus that will park in a bus lot - not good for tailgating. I've never been to a game in Charlotte before, and I'm not sure anyone in our group has been, so we'd love advice on where to tailgate. Since most of us are on the bus, we'll likely be doing "grill-less" tailgating: sandwiches, cold side dishes, beer, beer, and beer.

OP
OP
YoKramer

YoKramer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm the organizer of the Triangle Area (Raleigh/Durham, NC) Packers Fans group on Meetup.com. We're bringing a group of 46 people sitting together as well as a few other groups of 2-4 people each who have their own tickets. We'd love to tailgate with other Packer fans before the game, but 30 of us will be coming in a chartered bus that will park in a bus lot - not good for tailgating. I've never been to a game in Charlotte before, and I'm not sure anyone in our group has been, so we'd love advice on where to tailgate. Since most of us are on the bus, we'll likely be doing "grill-less" tailgating: sandwiches, cold side dishes, beer, beer, and beer.

This will be my time going to Bank of America Stadium so I have no idea on the best places to tail gate. But if its like any other Packer game Ive been to there will be TONS of little (and not so little) knots of Packer Backers all together and everyone of them are willing to share what they brought.

WhiteHouseOn3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey, first post here.. but hear me out.

Just moved to the Carolinas (South to be exact), and have yet to meet any other Packers fans. I REALLY want to go to this game, but cannot find anybody to go with. Is it awkward/unsafe for me to go as a solo female? I have a few friends who are Panthers fans, but they said "it will be too hot"- I could only laugh imagining them at the Frozen Tundra. I don't know that I'll ever get this opportunity again, but they're all saying it's unsafe for me to go alone. If I do, is there a section that's more likely to have Packers fans? I'd hate to be surrounded by all Panthers fans, and sober, since I'd probably have to drive back home that same night :(

I'm planning to hit up a local Packers bar for the Saints game, so I imagine I'll meet a few people who will be going on the 18th there, but I want to buy my tickets ASAP. Thanks!

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
I will actually be driving into nc from Florida for work and I will b staying in apex thinking about making the drive to charlotte to go to the game. How far of a drive do u think it will be?

Reaction score

Just moved to the Carolinas (South to be exact), and have yet to meet any other Packers fans. I REALLY want to go to this game, but cannot find anybody to go with. Is it awkward/unsafe for me to go as a solo female? I have a few friends who are Panthers fans, but they said "it will be too hot"- I could only laugh imagining them at the Frozen Tundra. I don't know that I'll ever get this opportunity again, but they're all saying it's unsafe for me to go alone. If I do, is there a section that's more likely to have Packers fans? I'd hate to be surrounded by all Panthers fans, and sober, since I'd probably have to drive back home that same night :(

I'm planning to hit up a local Packers bar for the Saints game, so I imagine I'll meet a few people who will be going on the 18th there, but I want to buy my tickets ASAP. Thanks!

There are usually Packers fans throughout the stadium... I would say that going to a Panther game is a lot less hectic than going to another away game stadium. The fans usually are nice and don't give you much of a hard time especially after last season that both they had and we had. (Best team vs worst team) ha! Unless you are sitting directly next to a drunk man, I wouldn't worry about it being unsafe!

OldGuy55

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are usually Packers fans throughout the stadium... I would say that going to a Panther game is a lot less hectic than going to another away game stadium. The fans usually are nice and don't give you much of a hard time especially after last season that both they had and we had. (Best team vs worst team) ha! Unless you are sitting directly next to a drunk man, I wouldn't worry about it being unsafe!

I agree, Ben. This isn't Philly, or Oakland. You'll be fine unless you're obnoxious.

By the end of the game, Packer fans will be in the majority anyway, if prior experience is a guide. Even if they are winning Panther fans tend to leave early "to beat the traffic". As a (relatively) new team, the Panthers don't have the history we do, and there are so many northern transplants in the area that many games have a large number of "visiting" fans.

BTW, your friends are right, it's gonna be hot. I think we (wife and I plus sons driving in from Wilmington and coastal South Carolina) are sitting on the sunny side of the lower bowl. Who cares??

alec steinmetz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Three of my friend are going to the game. im a nc state student from milwaukee playing baseball at nc state. i have practice and cant go anymore. BUY MY TICKET!!

Happy Panther

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will be there. I live in Davidson.

Yep it will be hot. Wear sunscreen!

The stadium is very friendly and security will boot anyone causing trouble.

Yes Packers fans will outnumber Panthers fans. Sucks for us but it is true...

I'm guessing the line will be 14+

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
Where will all you guys be meeting up? Like are you going to be in the parking lot area or will you be meeting at a bar and then walking to the game? I have decided that I will be driving from apex NC to this game with a couple of my buddies from work and we would like to run into a lot of Packer fans.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
. . . I will be driving from apex NC to this game with a couple of my buddies from work and we would like to run into a lot of Packer fans.

Are you sure you're not a Panther fan? This sounds like you want to "run into" them while you are driving. j/k Sorry, when I read it it just struck me as funny (pardon the pun).

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
Are you sure you're not a Panther fan? This sounds like you want to "run into" them while you are driving. j/k Sorry, when I read it it just struck me as funny (pardon the pun).
K how about I will make my friend drive and we would like to meet up with a lot of Packer fans....

WhiteHouseOn3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for all the advice y'all! Still haven't bought my ticket.. so torn. Can anybody give me a general idea of where they're sitting? I saw some of the SC Packer Backers are in section 549 but I'm assuming that covers a lot of ground. The only stadium I've been to is Lambeau and that was for Return to Titletown, so I really wasn't paying too much attention to seating. Panthers fans have proven themselves lame- I've asked about a dozen South Carolinians to go and nobody wants to spend the money, yet they'll pay twice that much for Game *****. I understand that the Panthers had a bad season last year, but I would be overjoyed to watch my team no matter their record, but I guess cheeseheads are their own breed. What to do, what to do :confused:

Members online

Latest posts