Charles Woodson

Packerfan4Life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sortof a Michigan guy, so I've followed Desmond Howard and Charles Woodson through college, and don't get me wrong, I was thrilled when we signed him....but I really didn't think he was going to earn every dollar of that big pay day that he got. He has far exceeded my expectations and I love watching him play, I watched him snag those 2 picks in the snow in seattle on the monday nighter (granted one was a tip up), but he has been one of the top db's in all of football the past 2 years, his awareness and presence on the football field is amazing. MM has said he's never been around a better perimeter (WR's and CB's I would assume) player with such natural instincts.

Do you think this year that Charles Woodson is the best corner in football? I hope we can see Dallas in the playoffs this year with a healthy Woodson so we can see how we stack up against one of the 3 high powered passing offenses (us new england dallas). And what is his deal....six years, and he's on his second year of it? might be seven years...i dunno. Maybe not the best corner, but we do have the best tandem. And with Champ not playing Champ Bailey football that top spot is really quite debateable.

Long live our badass over 30 corners who still ball it up with the best of em

CaptainItchy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we'll see when we meet Cowboys again... and Al Harris BETTER comes in with an A-Game... Damn it!!! I'm already nervous about the playoff... this whole 1-game eilimination thing is so scary

OP
OP
P

Packerfan4Life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CM_Awesome said:
Charles Woodson is for sure the best CB in the league!

Love the sig...have you seen the picture of Woodson they have in the photo album of the Washington game just after he's got the touchdown and he's smiling his *** off.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Best picture ever, you know he's pulling a Randy Moss and just so god damned happy to not be on the Raiders right now.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sortof a Michigan guy, so I've followed Desmond Howard and Charles Woodson through college, and don't get me wrong, I was thrilled when we signed him....but I really didn't think he was going to earn every dollar of that big pay day that he got. He has far exceeded my expectations and I love watching him play, I watched him snag those 2 picks in the snow in seattle on the monday nighter (granted one was a tip up), but he has been one of the top db's in all of football the past 2 years, his awareness and presence on the football field is amazing. MM has said he's never been around a better perimeter (WR's and CB's I would assume) player with such natural instincts.

Do you think this year that Charles Woodson is the best corner in football? I hope we can see Dallas in the playoffs this year with a healthy Woodson so we can see how we stack up against one of the 3 high powered passing offenses (us new england dallas). And what is his deal....six years, and he's on his second year of it? might be seven years...i dunno. Maybe not the best corner, but we do have the best tandem. And with Champ not playing Champ Bailey football that top spot is really quite debateable.

Long live our badass over 30 corners who still ball it up with the best of em

He's definitely playing as well as any CB in the league this year at least. I still think Champ Bailey is the best and DeAngelo Hall right there too though. I'm a Michigan Wolverine fan and wanted the Pack to get Woodson so bad right out of college. He was a flat out stud at Ann Arbor. I think it's just awesome that he ended up with GB at some point in his career. I'm like a kid in a candy store right now... :wink:

Woodson_fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm a huge michigan fan, and I followed woodson his entire career, and now this is like a dream come true, I pretty sure I have a man crush on him. And I'm obviously not biased, and I would say he is the best CB in all of football right now. Well I've got my hands full with cheering on wood and crossing my fingers that UM gets Rich Rodriguez.

kewlbeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CM_Awesome said:

I was always under the impression that the majority of Packer fans thought Al Harris was the best Packer CB, at least until recently. Al always seemed to get the majority of the praise . IMO Woodson is not only our best CB , but our defensive MVP 2 years running.

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CM_Awesome said:

Love the sig...have you seen the picture of Woodson they have in the photo album of the Washington game just after he's got the touchdown and he's smiling his *** off.

Best picture ever, you know he's pulling a Randy Moss and just so god damned happy to not be on the Raiders right now.

That is a great picture! Leaving Oakland seems to be a career rebirth for both Woodson and Moss. I remember when we signed Woodson, many people, including a lot of Oakland fans were saying how stupid we are. I was happy about the signing, but people thought I was stupid for being happy about it. Well who is the idiot now. Woodson has had 2 Pro Bowl calibur seasons (don't ask me why he wasn't in Hawaii last season) and is the best corner in football!

OP
OP
P

Packerfan4Life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CM_Awesome said:
CM_Awesome said:

That is a great picture! Leaving Oakland seems to be a career rebirth for both Woodson and Moss. I remember when we signed Woodson, many people, including a lot of Oakland fans were saying how stupid we are. I was happy about the signing, but people thought I was stupid for being happy about it. Well who is the idiot now. Woodson has had 2 Pro Bowl calibur seasons (don't ask me why he wasn't in Hawaii last season) and is the best corner in football!

I was one who was partially skeptical at the signing of Woodson initially...not because I didn't think he wasn't an addition to this defense, but because I didn't think he was worth the money that we gave him. Given what he's done on the football field this year, I'd be more than happy with him having Nate Clements' contract! And I'm sure San Fran would love to have Woodson instead of Clements, even with Woodson being older. How awesome would it be if the starting corners for the NFC pro bowl were Harris and Woodson...Harris' first spot and Woodson's 5th. Brady/Manning/Derek Anderson/Roethlisberger would have Honolulu nightmares!!

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CM_Awesome said:

The Raiders is where people go to die. Leaving the Raiders, players get reborn. I remember James Lofton went to the Raiders and everyone thought his career was over. Then he went to the Bills and he was right back in the Pro Bowl as the best deep threat WR in the NFL (as he was in Green Bay).

I only wish Jerry Rice went to Green Bay instead of the Raiders. Imagine Brett Favre throwing to Jerry Rice. Would have been beautiful.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm leaning towards Barnett as our DMVP this year. Woodson and Kampy are close though.
Think about it Mass..........isn't it SWEET that we have to try to choose which D member is the MVP???
We have so many that are doing outstanding work, we have to try to figure out which is on top!
Thats sure a nice place to be, hey??? :D

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CM_Awesome said:

The Raiders is where people go to die.

haha, that is great! I like that syaing, and I agree with you 100% :chest:

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am also a big fan of Charles Woodson even though I am on the west coast. Saw alot of him in College and always wanted to see Woodson in a Green Bay uniform.

And I can't wait for the cowboy rematch.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CM_Awesome said:

I was always under the impression that the majority of Packer fans thought Al Harris was the best Packer CB, at least until recently. Al always seemed to get the majority of the praise . IMO Woodson is not only our best CB , but our defensive MVP 2 years running.

Harris is better in press coverage but Woodson is a much bigger play maker. He does a great job of finding the ball and making the INT and he's a threat every time he gets the ball in his hands.

It's a close call though.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CM_Awesome said:
CM_Awesome said:

The Raiders is where people go to die.

haha, that is great! I like that syaing, and I agree with you 100% :chest:

"The Raiders is where people go to die?"

Kick a team when they are down, and during that time alter history while you do it.

The Raiders are going through what the Packers went through. So cut them some slack.

Fact is.... The Raiders have resurrected more careers than almost any team in the N.F.L. They have been the Statue Of Liberty for so many players.

Great win today. Very pleased. Packers are for real. Reallt enjoyed reading the game day live chat even though I got ther after the half.

R.P>

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
funny I just thought of it that there use to be a different guy out of Oakland I thought would be great a great CB if we got him out of there and that was Phillip Buchanon. Good thing we went with Woodson instead

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought Woodson was a bad signing at the time. I thought he would be injury-prone and would have a bad attitude. Boy, was I wrong. I still have a hard time putting him ahead of Al Harris, because Harris continues to cover the other team's best receiver, but he's right there with Harris, that's for sure. I think Woodson is better in run support in addition to being more of a big play guy. And like so many players on this team, his love of the game is obvious in the way he plays it.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i seem to remember early last year Woodson getting bagged big time on this forum for being "lazy" and "disinterested". Funny how things change and people only sing when their team is winning :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts