Jabari Greer, BUF: 63%
Dunta Robinson, HOU: 63%
Richard Marshall, CAR: 63%
Champ Bailey, DEN: 63%
Will Allen, MIA: 62%
Asante Samuel, NE: 62%
Ty Law, KC: 60%
Terrence McGee, BUF: 60%

These guys also charted LBs and apparently AJ Hawk is one of the best cover LBs in the league. I quote:

For those curious, out of the few linebackers with lots of pass targets, the clear standout is A.J. Hawk, with a Success Rate of 69 percent.

CB Jason David on the Saints is also unbelievably bad. He is worse than throwing at a hole in the zone. In other words, teams get more yardage if they throw at the guy who Jason David is covering compared to a HOLE in the zone. He only has a 32% success rate. Hilarious.

The article mentions Atari Bigby's horrible pass coverage and Al Harris' down year. All of which I've seen with my own eyes this year. I love it when statistics back up what I see on the field.

packer_backer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
harris having a down year and woodson has the highest succsess rate and al got to the pro bowl? i love harris but it should of been woodson. im over it now though :p

and forget bigby and his horrible coverage, get rouse in there. im glad hawk is seen as one of the best cover lb's, he has illigal contact problems at times it seems though.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yea, they even stated that Harris' pro bowl bid seems to be a lifetime achievement award.

I think as someone else mentioned in another thread - Pro Bowl voting is usually one year behind.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting article. Thanks for the link. I'm not sure how much I buy into it, though. There are a lot of variables that the numbers do not account for, such as what kind of assignments these players have, how often they get help in coverage, and so on. They don't even mention that Al Harris is generally one-on-one with the opposing team's best receiver.

In the end, I don't think I trust these numbers as much as I trust my own eyes. But they're still interesting to look at.

OP
OP
W

wils0646

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yea, but Al Harris has generally been way at the top of this list the past 2-3 years. He's definitely had a down year though compared to years past.

Members online

Latest posts