Charles Woodson and Wis. Protesters

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Crosshairs and ****** are fair game, but only if you are on the left side of the political spectrum.

Duh. :wink:

Seriously...it is funny how the mainstream media just isn't noticing this stuff all of a sudden, and how quiet Obama and Pelosi have been about civility. Very predictable, though. Some things, you can just count on.

The Daily show yesterday did a great job of showing how both the left and the right portray the protest to their own agendas. I think I posted the video at one point. Fox slammed the union protesters but praised the tea party for pretty much the same thing. MSNBC did the opposite.

Protests are very american. Its what makes us different than most of the world. We can have these without people getting hurt or killed most of the time. Protesting is patriotic imo, its what the troops fight for. Your right to protest the war, protest the taxes, protest watever. Well minus military funerals. Those westboro baptist F*cks should be shot. No one go to anyones funeral looking to cause problems, let alone a military funeral with a family morning a tragic ending of their loved one.

PackersPete

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hypocritical? how am I being hypocritical?

People should avoid making signs that have explicit language in the presence of children. The capital square is an area of children with several museums targets towards children in the area. (even though parents shouldnt bring children to rallys imo).

as for people being ticketed, they should if you have a sign with F*CK in it. I would consider it disturbing the peace or disorderly conduct. maybe being ticketed is a bit extreme and maybe manners dont have a place where your from but I hope Wi still has some.

Sorry we disagree ivo. I'm a strict Constitutionalist. In other words, just because i can do something doesn't mean I have to do something but if I did that something, I shouldn't have to worry about people like you getting offended at my something. It's all or nothing with regards to our Declaration of Independence, Bill of Rights & Constitution.

I don't have kids. I don't care about kids. The world doesn't revolve around you because you didn't use birth control. That may sound harsh and you may feel offended. That's ok. It's the truth. The truth is neither harsh nor offensive. It's the perception of the person looking at the truth that determines if it's harsh or offensive.

You want me ticketed and fined and my freedom taken away because of a word or two on a sign? That's elitist.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry we disagree ivo. I'm a strict Constitutionalist. In other words, just because i can do something doesn't mean I have to do something but if I did that something, I shouldn't have to worry about people like you getting offended at my something. It's all or nothing with regards to our Declaration of Independence, Bill of Rights & Constitution.

I don't have kids. I don't care about kids. The world doesn't revolve around you because you didn't use birth control. That may sound harsh and you may feel offended. That's ok. It's the truth. The truth is neither harsh nor offensive. It's the perception of the person looking at the truth that determines if it's harsh or offensive.

You want me ticketed and fined and my freedom taken away because of a word or two on a sign? That's elitist.

How is it hypocitical?

I dont use birth control? Who said I had kids?

Greengoldangel is that you?

Do you support the right of the westboro baptist church to protest military funerals? Since its their legal right and all...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I'll agree with that and frankly, I'm surprised this didn't get moved. I think I know the answer to that though. I'll keep silent. For now anyway.

Well for me, it was two reasons..

I dont check every thread to see if it is in the proper section

And no one reported it that it was in wrong section

Whats your reason?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Just dont get into a pissing match

It starts to get that way it will be stopped...

So pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee keep it civil a tad

PackersPete

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How is it hypocitical?

I dont use birth control? Who said I had kids?

Greengoldangel is that you?

Do you support the right of the westboro baptist church to protest military funerals? Since its their legal right and all...

Assuming you're a proud Liberal(one can make that assumption based on your posts), you're supposed to be about Democracy. Democracy consists of Free Speech. By wanting what I put on a sign considered a ticketable offense, you think YOU and only YOU should have the right to Democracy and Free Speech. That, my friend, is elitist.

elitist - definition of elitist by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Again, you sound like you're a parent because you think everything in this world, including profane signs, should be to "Protect The Children".

NSFW
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6wOt2iXdc4"]YouTube - George Carlin -Child Worship[/ame]

I have no clue who Greengoldangel is and I have no desire to.

I fully support the right of the WBC to protest military funerals and I hope the SCOTUS rules in their favor over this frivilous lawsuit regarding them. Do I like the WBC? No. Do I think what they do is right? No. Would I die to defend their right to say it? ******' A right I would!

Here's the thing with protests...If nobody pays attention to the ones protesting, the protesters go away. Ignore the WBC when they come to your town and like the bully in elementary school, he or she will find someone else to **** with. The law of averages says they'll meet a bigger bully.

PackersPete

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well for me, it was two reasons..

I dont check every thread to see if it is in the proper section

And no one reported it that it was in wrong section

Whats your reason?

What's the one thing that sells equal to, if not better than sex? Controversy. I've been lurking on these boards for the past 8 months VIA Facebook, which is where you convinced me to join. I don't think I've seen another thread with this many hits or pages. I'm sure I'm wrong but I'm talking about the last 8 or so months.

Believe me, longtimefan, I'm being civil. As you can read, I don't hold back. I just play my cards well...

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Assuming you're a proud Liberal(one can make that assumption based on your posts), you're supposed to be about Democracy. Democracy consists of Free Speech. By wanting what I put on a sign considered a ticketable offense, you think YOU and only YOU should have the right to Democracy and Free Speech. That, my friend, is elitist.

elitist - definition of elitist by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Again, you sound like you're a parent because think everything in this world, including profane signs, should be to "Protect The Children".

NSFW
YouTube - George Carlin -Child Worship

I have no clue who Greengoldangel is and I have no desire to.

I fully support the right of the WBC to protest military funerals and I hope the SCOTUS rules in their favor over this frivilous lawsuit regarding them. Do I like the WBC? No. Do I think what they do is right? No. Would I die to defend their right to say it? ******' A right I would!

Here's the thing with protests...If nobody pays attention to the ones protesting, the protesters go away. Ignore the WBC when they come to your town and like the bully in elementary school, he or she will find someone else to **** with. The law of averages says they'll meet a bigger bully.

Because I think everything in the world is about protecting children? Where did I say that? Oh thats right your making sh*t up again. Typical, cant debate, has to rely on making **** up.

you start off the post with an assumption, which is clearly your first mistake. Your just trolling at this point. Dont assume to know my political beliefs. I posted what I came up in a spectrum quiz but at no point have I stated what I am in my own view. A Proud liberal? Never said that once. So why dont you stop with the lies, assumptions, and troll like comments. your ruining a good conversation with your crap posts. Here is a definition for you.

Urban Dictionary: troll

PackersPete

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How old are you, ivo? 4? I'm not the average ******* you'd meet on the street. I don't have to put words in your mouth to know what you're saying. This whole argument between us started because I said the Liberals looked like sissies for not spelling out the word **** on a protest sign. I'm no rocket scientist but I don't see Conservatives or people without children *****ing about this. Are you a Conservative? If you are, you need to re-examine what a Conservative is. Are you childless? If you are, why do you give a ****?

See how this works? If I post that I like the song Rocky Raccoon, one can assume(there's that big, bad, evil word again) that I'm a Beatles fan.

By the way, you're not exactly setting the record straight. You're puttin' this all on me which, in fact, is another classic Liberal tactic.

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
The Daily show yesterday did a great job of showing how both the left and the right portray the protest to their own agendas. I think I posted the video at one point. Fox slammed the union protesters but praised the tea party for pretty much the same thing. MSNBC did the opposite.

Protests are very american. Its what makes us different than most of the world. We can have these without people getting hurt or killed most of the time. Protesting is patriotic imo, its what the troops fight for. Your right to protest the war, protest the taxes, protest watever. Well minus military funerals. Those westboro baptist F*cks should be shot. No one go to anyones funeral looking to cause problems, let alone a military funeral with a family morning a tragic ending of their loved one.

In my opinion, FNC is about the only network that gives anything approaching a fair shake to the right - I think that's why people on the left think it's so slanted. They're so used to no one else doing it, at all. There are a lot of liberals on FNC (I can name a bunch, but you probably know who they are) as well, but people don't like to talk about that.

I have seen a lot of people on the left openly say they would like to shut it down completely. I have never heard anyone suggest the same about other television media (though I have heard plenty of people celebrate the financial decline of the New York Times, for example...but celebrating media's self-inflicted decline is a different thing than someone trying to take steps to shut someone else up by using the force of law, as some on the left, like Al Sharpton, have attempted to do with Rush Limbaugh, for example).

Every other network leans left, in my view - some (MSNBC, which I regard as about as far left as television news gets - and CNN) more than others. But even ABC, CBS, NBC - they just all lean left. I mean, something like 80 to 90% of journalists polled say they're Democrats (I might be low-balling that, actually) - and it's pretty obvious to people who aren't Democrats where they're coming from.

I got a lot of my news about what it was like at the capitol from Ann Althouse, a blogger who is a law professor at UW Madison. She voted for Obama, but a good many of her views are right-leaning. I view her as a centrist, mostly. I love her blog. I think she's fair-minded, and objective. I don't agree with every single thing she says, but no one could say she isn't thoughtful and fair.

Anyway:

Hard to imagine you'd ever find anyone, left or right, who thinks there are any redeeming qualities to Westboro Baptist...though I would stop short of calling for anyone (except someone who physically harmed others) to be shot.

P.S. By the way - a union sympathizer went on Althouse's YouTube channel and said she should be shot, for blogging video of something during the protests. Oh - and you may have seen the YouTube where someone put together a collection of tweets, all with people threatening to shoot or wishing for the death of Scott Walker (much like the Palin one that was put together - which was truly breathtaking). I actually know people who have insisted nothing like this ever comes from the left (hell, that's what Bill Maher says, right?) - which is, of course, demonstrably absurd.

P.P.S. I get probably 95% of my own news from reading, in case I need to make that clear. When I watch television these days, I watch it to escape the news - but I am familiar with the primary personalities on FNC, CNN, and MSNBC as well as other networks.

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
This is what LombardiChick is refering to...

YouTube - Gov. Scott Walker Death Threats

That's right - thanks, Pete. Edit to add: I tried to find the Palin one, but YouTube has removed it. It was probably even worse than the Walker one.

Maybe there's one with talk of harming Democrats in a similar way, but if there is, I'm unaware of it.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How old are you, ivo? 4? I'm not the average ******* you'd meet on the street.

I know, I wont find you on the street. :) Your an internet troll. err "keyboard warrior" as you call it.

As far as what I am, I will tell you so you dont have to keep making things up. No kids and all over the board politically, depending on the issue really. I would never be a sheep of a party.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
as far as news networks I see little difference between Fox News and MSNBC. I watch both but they are equally biased imo. Its like watching the opposite view points really. No matter who is protesting one side will hate them the other will praise them.

PackersPete

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know, I wont find you on the street. :) Your an internet troll. err "keyboard warrior" as you call it.

As far as what I am, I will tell you so you dont have to keep making things up. No kids and all over the board politically, depending on the issue really. I would never be a sheep of a party.

You DO realize that only trolls call out people on line to fight, right? Before you claim I'm putting words in your mouth, take a long, hard look at your first sentence. I spent four long years in prison in Wisconsin for Armed Robbery. I'm NOT afraid to go back. Don't EVER tell me I'm afraid to fight someone.

In simple language, ivo, I'm not here to make friends. I'm here to read and post if that's my perogative. You claim I'm hiding behind a screen? Feelin' froggy are you? I'll rob 3 banks, 2 liquor stores and a gas station to get enough money to fight you anyplace, anytime, anywhere. I DON'T **** around and I DON'T hide behind anything.

You want to drop this whole thing, fine? I'll continue to give you credit where you have credit coming and we'll both play along nice.

PackersPete

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm no fan of the Right but I found this interesting...

Michelle Malkin » The progressive “climate of hate:” An illustrated primer, 2000-2010

This was a link I found on Lee Doren's YT video. If you don't know Lee Doren, His YT channel is HowTheWorldWorks. He's a Right Wing guy but he's one of the few I can stomach because he actually has the balls to tell it like it is.

Here's the video where I copied the link from...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgCPs_R0tCA]YouTube - Gabrielle Giffords Attempted Assassination[/ame]

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You DO realize that only trolls call out people on line to fight, right? Before you claim I'm putting words in your mouth, take a long, hard look at your first sentence. I spent four long years in prison in Wisconsin for Armed Robbery. I'm NOT afraid to go back. Don't EVER tell me I'm afraid to fight someone.

In simple language, ivo, I'm not here to make friends. I'm here to read and post if that's my perogative. You claim I'm hiding behind a screen? Feelin' froggy are you? I'll rob 3 banks, 2 liquor stores and a gas station to get enough money to fight you anyplace, anytime, anywhere. I DON'T **** around and I DON'T hide behind anything.

You want to drop this whole thing, fine? I'll continue to give you credit where you have credit coming and we'll both play along nice.

anyone can be anyone online. If you really want to rob a liquor store to fight me then so be it, shoot me a message when your in Madison. Boasting on a forum means nothing to me and I take it with a grain of salt. I could ask you how to make ***** in prison to try and verify but anyone could go look that up. Sh*t I think we all have had friends in prison.

As far as what started this fight, I disagree. "So you believe in free speech for Liberals only then?" is what caused the fight. I never said free speech for one group or the other.

PackersPete

Cheesehead
Reaction score
anyone can be anyone online. If you really want to rob a liquor store to fight me then so be it, shoot me a message when your in Madison. Boasting on a forum means nothing to me and I take it with a grain of salt. I could ask you how to make ***** in prison to try and verify but anyone could go look that up. Sh*t I think we all have had friends in prison.

As far as what started this fight, I disagree. "So you believe in free speech for Liberals only then?" is what caused the fight. I never said free speech for one group or the other.

Your age definetely shows.

You're right. I did say that and I still mean it. If you had a Conservative thought in your head, you wouldn't have said what you said. You say you're all over the board politically? I call ********. I'm a fierce Independent who's all over the board politically. I would NEVER dream of saying it was alright to take one's Freedom of Speech away from them. THAT is a purely Liberal thing to do.

Members online

Latest posts