Chargers are expecting big Packer Nation on Sunday!

Wills29

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to our resident ESPN NFC North Blogger Kevin Seifert, the Chargers were pumping stadium noise today at practice. Funny that the home team has to prepare for us being out in full force. I love it!

BoltNut

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to our resident ESPN NFC North Blogger Kevin Seifert, the Chargers were pumping stadium noise today at practice. Funny that the home team has to prepare for us being out in full force. I love it!

It's more likely due to Charger fans being really upset at how things have gone so far.... they may be preparing for all the booos. LOL

D

Dan115

Will Rodgers have to raise his arms to quiet the crowd in San Diego??? LOL

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is sort of a homecoming for Rodgers as he lives in La Jolla.

Was funny- At work today I had a constant (Although good natured) barrage of Chargers fans talking trash. Most of them expect to see a pissed off Rivers come out and give a lights out performance. I calmly explained to them that while Rivers might be able to light it up, so will Rodgers. I pointed out that our offense simply has too many weapons and their defense isn't exactly the greatest.

Hopefully all goes well and the good guys win #8!

OP
OP
Wills29

Wills29

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure Rivers will be looking to erase his poor performance Monday night and hopefully will try to force things. We may be looking at a classic shoot out here, which is fine with me as our O has more than enough fire power.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
It's crazy they can't sell a home game, neither can Tampa Bay, and they won 10 games last year, but Detroit who has been losers for so long sells out every home game.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I am starting to get the feeling you guys may blow them out. I really hope so.

Maybe a strong defensive game to get people to stop picking on them.

BoltNut

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like your avatar.
Too funny.

I thought the "What, me worry?" was appropriate, being a Bolt fan. You really gotta keep a good sense of humor around here these days. Otherwise, I'd pull the last two hairs out of my head.

BoltNut

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure Rivers will be looking to erase his poor performance Monday night and hopefully will try to force things. We may be looking at a classic shoot out here, which is fine with me as our O has more than enough fire power.

Boy, I really, REALLY hope you are right. I'd love to see our guys put up a good fight. But if it becomes an offensive shoot out, I'm afraid we may be totally out-gunned. Someone on our squad needs to step up and become another "go to" guy for Rivers to throw to. I just think if we can't get the running game going, it could be a long day for us.

Oh, by the way, Happy Birthday, Wills29.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought the "What, me worry?" was appropriate, being a Bolt fan. You really gotta keep a good sense of humor around here these days. Otherwise, I'd pull the last two hairs out of my head.
I also like the name too. Very clever play on words.
It fits in with your avatar. (Like mine does.)

I'm a big Alfed E. Neuman fan. And I don't like what they've done with MAD since William Gains passed away. Ads, full color and a TV show.
I'm old school MAD.

OP
OP
Wills29

Wills29

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Boy, I really, REALLY hope you are right. I'd love to see our guys put up a good fight. But if it becomes an offensive shoot out, I'm afraid we may be totally out-gunned. Someone on our squad needs to step up and become another "go to" guy for Rivers to throw to. I just think if we can't get the running game going, it could be a long day for us.

Oh, by the way, Happy Birthday, Wills29.

Thank you!!

BoltNut

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also like the name too. Very clever play on words.
It fits in with your avatar. (Like mine does.)

I'm a big Alfed E. Neuman fan. And I don't like what they've done with MAD since William Gains passed away. Ads, full color and a TV show.
I'm old school MAD.

I've used BoltNut for quite a while, my wife feels it describes me pretty well. She gets tired of my wardrobe being all blue and gold lightning bolts. LOL

Yeah, MAD magazine has really gone commercial like most everything else. I like the old MAD as well.

As a Bolt fan, however, I'm just plain mad.... :mad:

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was wondering how football fans would handle being fans of teams that are rarely ever above .500. I was almost driven insane watching the 08 season unfold, considering what could've been if that defense could close things out, and there was so much trash talking (which was justified, by the way) about my team from every non-Packer fan I know of, especially since it was fresh from the Favre controversy. I was thinking "How do you deal with this? There are teams in the NFL that are perennial losers." Do you just sit back and enjoy the ride, knowing your team's SB aspirations have taken a nosedive?

D

Dan115

I have a friend who is a die hard brown fan. He lives in misery. He is going to the Texan game in Houston tomorrow.

BoltNut

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was wondering how football fans would handle being fans of teams that are rarely ever above .500. I was almost driven insane watching the 08 season unfold, considering what could've been if that defense could close things out, and there was so much trash talking (which was justified, by the way) about my team from every non-Packer fan I know of, especially since it was fresh from the Favre controversy. I was thinking "How do you deal with this? There are teams in the NFL that are perennial losers." Do you just sit back and enjoy the ride, knowing your team's SB aspirations have taken a nosedive?

There were many years when we fit this description. Year after year we were the division "whipping boy". We kept saying, "Next year.... just wait 'till next year." We'd all watch who was being drafted, the trades and when free agency came about, we'd watch to see if our team would make some blockbuster deal to get a star player...... nothing. Drafting LT finally gave us a player that was a difference maker. (Besides, I have the same last name as he does and I now have plenty of personalized jerseys.) Improvements were made each year and it seemed that we were getting close but we were lucky to make .500. When your team finally starts winning games, you crave that excitement. You get a little spoiled and if your team doesn't make the playoffs, you feel ripped off. I can only imagine how Colts fans feel right now. It must be devastating to see what is happening in Indy.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I certainly hope that some form of last year's playoff run defense makes a guest appearance today. I'm more than just a little tired of watching teams play pitch 'n' catch with the Packers' defense. If Rivers can find his TE today once...he'll find him regularly.

I wouldn't be particularly shattered if the Bolts pull one out today - and they certainly have the motivation - the law of averages is definitely in play against the Pack. I mean, in their last 19, they're 16-3, and let's face it...a loss to an AFC team would be more palatable than to an NFC team if you're looking ahead to the playoffs, and I hope the Packers aren't looking that far forward. I'd wouldn't mind seeing this undefeated season nonsense put to rest... I want another Lombardi.

Still, the 'homer' in me says the Pack win by one.

DocSkittles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I came home too late from overseas to be able to make it too San Diego. I was hoping to take my brother and nephew who are Chargers fans, so that they could see the error of their ways. I'll be t the MNF game next though and will make up for the lost opportunity in SoCal. I hope the Packer Backers making the game go nuts and represent well. I was in Atlanta for the playoffs last season, and there was nothing better than hearing Packer fans make more noise than the Atlanta fans.

Go Pack Go!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts