Changing of the guards:

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
The Packers might be pursuing Philadelphia Eagles guard Jermaine Mayberry as a possible replacement for Rivera or Wahle.

Mayberry made the Pro Bowl in 2002 and started at right guard for the Eagles last season. He is not expected to return to Philadelphia, and, according to his agent, Jack Bechta, Mayberry is being pursued by the Detroit Lions, Tampa Bay Buccaneers and New Orleans Saints as well as the Packers.

Rhino58

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How's his injuries now, though? It would suck to get him and he'd be full of injuries all season.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure where Ted's head is on something along these lines.....

I would think they'd try and find someone more near Mike Wahle's age, as opposed to someone almost Rivera's age... Did you guys notice that Carolina is keeping Wahle in the same position he played in at Green Bay, but it's mentioned that the situation is only for now... and they might place him elsewhere on the line pending....

Go back and look at the picks he made for Seattle - how old were most of those guys....?
That's where Thompson will drive the Packers.. along those same roads.

I haven't looked yet - but isn't there anyone else about 4-5 years younger than this guy? Truth is, he wouldn't need to have played that same position - just anywhere in the middle - even if they used to play Center, the guy could be moved over.. Personally, I think Scott Wells will have a breakout year with the Pack! As always - pending Injuries... but just the same I think he will.....!

eastcoastpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe he is a stop gap. They will probaly get a guy in the draft,at the lower end.They did that with some of the others before,if I remenber right.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts