Cedric Benson to the Pack

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
This doesn't get me very excited but I am willing to wait and see.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Old behind Ced Ben? What, too proud to go back to Grant or Ahman Green? This some bull

Green is 35. That's too old. Grant just plain sucks. Benson is 29 and hasn't had a ton of carries for his age. He's got 2 or 3 good seasons left in him.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Green is 35. That's too old. Grant just plain sucks. Benson is 29 and hasn't had a ton of carries for his age. He's got 2 or 3 good seasons left in him.
They're all too old, and I doubt Benson's tank level. The only thing that somewhat placates me is that he will pay against the Bears for a division rival

Bagadeez04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Starks always had blitz pick up issues I thought...Nothing new?

Hope Ced's law issues will not be here in GB

He is only a 3.8 per carry for career ...Why is everyone so excited?

He hasnt been picked up since March...WHY??

Why not Ryan? 4.3 yards per carry career

But I have complete faith in Ted-co.

Absolutely agree...you would think Ted would go with Grant as first option every time for a whole lot of reasons. Getting Benson seems like an odd move to me out of TT. But I'm sure he has his reasons.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They're all too old, and I doubt Benson's tank level. The only thing that somewhat placates me is that he will pay against the Bears for a division rival

His last 3 seasons have been his most productive yardage wise so I don't think how much is in the tank is what worries me it's more like what is in that tank. 12 fumbles in two seasons losing 7 of them is a lot IMO. What he does have going for him is he can take a load if need be avg about 20 carries per game in the last 3 years and even if he falls off drastically from his recent performance he just needs to hold on to the ball. I think that if Rodgers has the most rushing TD's on our team again this year I think we should seriously address this position long term in the near future.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

29 is not too old. My only concern with him is that he stays out of jail. If he doesn't clearly outplay Starks, Green AND Tyler, then cut him.

Reaction score
If we work on his "pad level" (McCarthyism) he'll be fine. Nothing like knowing you need a run game one week into preseason.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
Let's give benson 20 carries a game. Worked for cincinatti last year and their offense isn't as good.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yes Starks has had blitz pickup issues. Hello, that is why in large part the move was made. Let's not get the Golden Goose, aka Rodgers killed!!!

They aren't necessarily getting him to run. Also, see comment above. http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/165787466.html#!page=5&pageSize=10&sort=newestfirst

Why is everyone so excited? They saw Starks play the other night!! And Benson actually has averaged 3.9 yards per carry though the differece is admitedly small. Plus, the guy is coming off 3 consecutive 1,000 yard per game seasons with the Bungals!

Law issues? Just keep him away from Walden.

11b2p

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Coughing up the football both postseason appearances against the Giants couldn't have helped his case for being re-signed... He had effective and even enigmatic years but he failed when we needed him the most. His ball control was amazing games 1-16 but disappeared when it counted.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I have to agree. I like Benson. He killed us the last time he played us in 09'. He can do things even without the blocking. But then you ask why didn't we resign Grant. TT should have known that Starks cannot be" the guy or the only guy." I guess when you win a SB with no RB on your roster for most of the season you think it can easily be done again. Go for it, TT.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes Starks has had blitz pickup issues. Hello, that is why in large part the move was made. Let's not get the Golden Goose, aka Rodgers killed!!!

They aren't necessarily getting him to run. Also, see comment above. http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/165787466.html#!page=5&pageSize=10&sort=newestfirst

Why is everyone so excited? They saw Starks play the other night!! And Benson actually has averaged 3.9 yards per carry though the differece is admitedly small. Plus, the guy is coming off 3 consecutive 1,000 yard per game seasons with the Bungals!

Law issues? Just keep him away from Walden.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BensCe00.htm 3.8

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/406400/cedric-benson 3.8

http://www.nfl.com/player/cedricbenson/2506343/profile 3.8

Not that it matters lol

H

HardRightEdge

Whether or not we sign Benson, it tells you something about the position if we're talking to him. Starks is injury prone (now it's turf toe, which can't be taken lightly), Kuhn is dinged up, Saine and Green have not shown anything yet to indicate they're more than 3rd. down backs. Tyler might be a practice squad guy.

We're pretty much where we left off last year, but less healthy and without Grant. Dunno if it will happen, but maybe it should. Money may be an issue...Benson went into free agency looking for a starting job and starting money. TT will not just hand him the money and the job ...closer to a contract commensurate with "tailback by committee".

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't like it. Taking carries away from 4 backs younger than him.

Thompson usually builds conservatively and for the future. This whole year has seemed kinda weird with him. I don't like it. Not to mention Benson averages 3.9 yards per carry. He excels in short yardage situations? So does Kuhn.

W

wxman2003

What a waste. Benson is a has been. Plus throw in 12 fumbles over the last 2 seasons, and you have an average player who's best years are behind him. Now throw him in an offense that he does not understand, and you actually think he will be game ready by week 1? He was never a good back at picking up blitzes, so now you are limiting him to 1st or 2nd down and maybe 10 touches at most a game, especially since he is not good at catching the ball. Recipe for a disgruntled back. Not to mention he probably will get hurt in the preseason.

Members online

Latest posts