Cedric Benson to the Pack

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
jsonline is repeating Mort's scoop and says Benson is in Green Bay. http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/165787466.html#!page=1&pageSize=10&sort=newestfirst

I agree with Cheesehead625, no matter who is running the ball, the OL has to do a better job of blocking. And I wonder if Benson can pick up a blitz? Wilde has reported that Starks is the object of Rodgers' ire more than any other player - last night's performance by Starks certainly didn't help.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I thought Tyler looked pretty solid last night. I really don't want to lose him or Green.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like James Starks played himself out of a position in half a preseason game. I like the mood because he is better than any running back on the Packers roster right now. I would like to see Green play more, but this might give the Packers an opportunity to work him in as a 3rd round back.

Just as a side note, I guess Rodgers has been very upset with Starks through all of camp (per ESPN). Starks has been missing blitz pickups all through camp.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mark Tyler will probably be gone, he looked decent enough last night especially in the screen game...wait and see

lancer84

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GreenBlood, Agreed. Tyler, for his first game looked like a stud. Besides the fumble. Benson could definitely be beneficial, just hope there is no baggage.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

TeamTundra

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like this signing. Benson is definitely a bruiser who should help us milk the clock late in the game. The question is who will be the odd man out? If Benson makes the team, I'm guessing Alex Green is a lock and I've read several times the Packers like Brandon Saine so it may come down to Starks and Kuhn.

I see Marc Tyler making the practice squad, but not the active roster at this time.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I had to pick between Starks & Kuhn though it's not really tough but not easy either. Kuhn is hurt but IMO I'd keep Kuhn.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I like this signing. Benson is definitely a bruiser who should help us milk the clock late in the game. The question is who will be the odd man out? If Benson makes the team, I'm guessing Alex Green is a lock and I've read several times the Packers like Brandon Saine so it may come down to Starks and Kuhn.

I see Marc Tyler making the practice squad, but not the active roster at this time.

It's way too early to say who is and isn't going to make the team. Benson might be the odd man out for that matter.

shield4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Starks Green & Kuhn will stay ... will probably cut a TE or something and go with Starks - Benson Green and Kuhn as FB

MitchInMinny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love the pick up (if it indeed goes through), however I still hope we trade up for Lattimore next April.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Starks always had blitz pick up issues I thought...Nothing new?

Hope Ced's law issues will not be here in GB

He is only a 3.8 per carry for career ...Why is everyone so excited?

He hasnt been picked up since March...WHY??

Why not Ryan? 4.3 yards per carry career

But I have complete faith in Ted-co.

MitchInMinny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Starks always had blitz pick up issues I thought...Nothing new?

Hope Ced's law issues will not be here in GB Ditto.

He is only a 3.8 per carry for career ...Why is everyone so excited? Because we're hoping it lights a fire under Starks ***. Worst case scenario, we have a veteran backup with a proven record (both professionally and criminal).

He hasnt been picked up since March...WHY?? This I have no clue. I thought the Raiders would pick him up.

Why not Ryan? 4.3 yards per carry career I think that bridge was burned when we didn't re-sign or show any interest in re-signing.

But I have complete faith in Ted-co. 10-4 to that.

Members online

Latest posts