CB Dunta Robinson not franchise tagged, FA

claybillings

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the best FA corner on the market and a guy I really think we should target. He is physical and aggressive in coverage and has solid experience as a starting CB. I think he could easily replace Al Harris for the start of the season and once Al comes back from Injury can either fight for his spot or concede it.

What are your guy's thoughts?

David Pynnonen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i agree with you 100%. Leigh bodden is also a free agent. If we are concerned for money (which we shouldnt) bodden would b a better choice. Harris and woodson have been playing great lately but when will the age catch up? I am a little leery on the acl injury and how he will handle it being in his 30s

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i agree with you 100%. Leigh bodden is also a free agent. If we are concerned for money (which we shouldnt) bodden would b a better choice. Harris and woodson have been playing great lately but when will the age catch up? I am a little leery on the acl injury and how he will handle it being in his 30s

Are both these guys unrestricted free agents, meaning no draft picks given up to sign them?

David Pynnonen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
even if we dont pursue bodden or robinson we need to find a proven corner who can be counted on. after harris was hurt we gave up 50 points to the steelers and most of them points came through the air. Not to mention our secondary costing us a playoff game. Woodson and collins cant do it all!!

A1MEANGREEN

Cheesehead
Reaction score

agree time to start preparing for the time when harris or woodson cant do the job anymore and there are concerns with harris and his knee. age waits on no one

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would be GREAT to sign this guy! Even if Al is healthy You could put D. Robinson opposite him and move Chuck back to safety w./ N. Collins.

How does that sound?

This will NEVER happen though, because as we ALL KNOW TT will not pull the trigger on high priced FA's

PS ANYONE KNOW THE STATUS OF N. COLLINS? ARE WE GOING TO SIGN HIM LONG TERM? whats up?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would be GREAT to sign this guy! Even if Al is healthy You could put D. Robinson opposite him and move Chuck back to safety w./ N. Collins.

How does that sound?

This will NEVER happen though, because as we ALL KNOW TT will not pull the trigger on high priced FA's

PS ANYONE KNOW THE STATUS OF N. COLLINS? ARE WE GOING TO SIGN HIM LONG TERM? whats up?
Nick Collins is under contract...

From what I hear, his contract will only be threated when every FA's contract is either re-signed or released.

But after that, he's the #1 player to receive a contract extension, in the likes of Jennings and Rodgers...

Members online

Latest posts