Casey Matthews

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
would love this tandem in a perfect world, but not in this one. Too gimmicky, not smart. Plus, if things dont work out right, it becomes personal.

Lets find or KEEP one of the better LB out there. Having Casey at this junction has little upside and LOTS of "what ifs"

Big E

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Someone posted on the shout box that when they saw Clay coming at him he probably wet himself...

Now imagine 2 of them comin'atcha!!!! :blink:

That was me, haha. With Casey and Clay on defense, quarterbacks would have a steady stream flowing!

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
would love this tandem in a perfect world, but not in this one. Too gimmicky, not smart. Plus, if things dont work out right, it becomes personal.

Lets find or KEEP one of the better LB out there. Having Casey at this junction has little upside and LOTS of "what ifs"

This question had us wondering here,..Has 2 brothers ever played on a professional team together?
I mean at the same time, not years apart.

I'll have to look into it.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Carson and Jordan Palmer.
Champ and Boss Bailey a couple years ago.

It has also happened TONS of times in baseball. Notably, Hank and Tommie Aaron and the Ripkin brothers.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This question had us wondering here,..Has 2 brothers ever played on a professional team together?
I mean at the same time, not years apart.

I'll have to look into it.

none are on the same team but there are 3 brothers all playing in the nfl right now. The family has to have sunday ticket and multiple tvs

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
werent there two youngbloods on the rams back in the 70's? John and Jim. Wow quite a predicament the pack will have in the offseason at ILB. My gut tells me theyll keep whoever is willing to make the least amount of $. If not, it isn't out of the realm of possibility to take Casey Matthews.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think, given the recent events (Hawk and Bishop playing tremenduously well, and Barnett's talent), unless someone trully gifted, a la Willis or Mayo, falls on our lap, we won't pick an ILB.

I don't think TT will target an ILB. But if one happens to have great value (example: Casey Matthews being graded as an early 2nd rounder and being available at the last pick of the 3rd round (see what I did there?)), I could see us picking him.

Mushroom

Packer Owner/Shareholder
Reaction score
Not to be a buzzkill, but what if they dont get along? We dont know their family dynamic. Hell, I work with my dad and sister and ughhh, it's rough!

What about the "Williams bros" of Viking fame? They're not bros?

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
LOL.. that sibling rivalry kicking in could be a good thing though!!!

Just turned on the nfl channel and they are highlighting bro's in the football business!!!

tmlfan3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not to be a buzzkill, but what if they dont get along? We dont know their family dynamic. Hell, I work with my dad and sister and ughhh, it's rough!

What about the "Williams bros" of Viking fame? They're not bros?

Pretty sure they do. Clay Mathews was on Jim Rome yesterday and talking his bro up and everything and saying he's gonna be hardcore cheering for Oregon. Didn't sound like there was any problems between them.

It does sound awesome from the gimmick side of things. I don't know enought about him (other than he looks very similar to clay, just with darker hair) to make a call on this. I trust TT to make the right decision.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Clay had a total of 94 tackles and 2 FF 5 sacks and 0 INT in his entire college career and yet he was drafted in the 1 st round.

Casey has 228 tackles 0 FF 9 sacks and 4 INT what makes you think that he would go undrafted really???

Casy will go in the top 3 rounds for sure he may even go in the first like his bro did.

There are a lot of good prospects out there. They are rpojecting him as a late round/UFA

Members online

Latest posts