Carroll starting vs. Tampa?

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Has anyone else heard this? I was watching some sports highlights and out of the corner of my eye I believe I saw "Packers CB Ahmad Carroll to start Sunday vs. Tampa Bay" scrolled along the bottom of the screen. I haven't seen it since though, so I can't really confirm it.

ORRELSE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JD said:
Has anyone else heard this? I was watching some sports highlights and out of the corner of my eye I believe I saw "Packers CB Ahmad Carroll to start Sunday vs. Tampa Bay" scrolled along the bottom of the screen. I haven't seen it since though, so I can't really confirm it.

I haven't seen that yet. I read today that Thomas was held out of contact drills but nothing on who the starter was. If Sherman was going to pull the trigger on getting Carroll back in there now is the time while Thomas is iffy.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read recently its LIKELY thomas will start. It doesnt matter man...carroll will be out there eventually to mess something up.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
I read recently its LIKELY thomas will start. It doesnt matter man...carroll will be out there eventually to mess something up.

Hawkins needs to food poison them both before the game. i have no confidence in Thomas either.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Arrow I agree with you Id better live with a rookie like Hawkins than with Carroll or Thomas..

I can stand some rookie mistakes, like the one Collins made againts the Brows as I am sure this mistakes will soon end and we will be in better shape

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am praying that Carrol starts.

I may be the only one on this forum that thinks he is so close to bringing his whole game togerther. He was very strong on special teams last game, and I have a feeling he is maturing based on that confidence.

This week could be Carrol's coming out party as a NFL Player.

RP

OP
OP
J

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also want Carroll in there. I just want him to get a fair shake though. From the referees, of course.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
I am praying that Carrol starts.

I may be the only one on this forum that thinks he is so close to bringing his whole game togerther. He was very strong on special teams last game, and I have a feeling he is maturing based on that confidence.

This week could be Carrol's coming out party as a NFL Player.

RP

strong on special teams? The only play I remember was him returning a kickoff, taking off with his blazing speed, and ..getting tackled at the 20. Wow. Hooray. Please educate me, RP, what did he do that was strong? I know you're a Carroll supporter, but..cmon man. Let it go.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What about his tackle for an 11 yard loss on a punt coverage. I'm tired of his penalties, but his coverage and special teams play is solid. If he could ever learn to keep his hands to himself, he'd be a hell of a player.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
tromadz said:

Hawkins needs to food poison them both before the game. i have no confidence in Thomas either.

Whoa, whoa.. a little ******* the guys,.. ya think?

Bottom line - is all these Players NEED to start watchin' more film and quit actin like this is college gameday or whatever.... The NFL is much faster than College and I think it's still not in their heads where their brains need to be... After a time, out there on the field, the whole game slows down, because the Players have aclimated to NFL speed. It's time they all three stepped up... Especially for the blitz packages.... That's where we're gettin' killed right now... Had it not been those three blitz'es we got sliced on - The Packers would have won the game at the end.... 'Course, I'm still worried about being bull-rushed up the middle on Flanny - it's time we spelled him into a backup and let either Chris White or Scott Wells step in... Change the flavor of the O-Line at the last minute against Tampa Bay. Might actually work.....

Members online

Latest posts