can't wait!! (in my Bart Scott voice)

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers is going to have a good problem in about 3 weeks! I say that because for the first time in a long time baring further injury i expect to see a 4 wr set with Jennings, Nelson, Jones, and Cobb on the field together. This offense will feature four pro-bowl caliber players at one position which is enough to give db's and coordinators fits trying to gameplan on how to stop Rodgers and co. The offense has looked less than stellar at times so hopefully when everyone is healthy again we will see more points put up.

It will also help the run game to because then you have six db's on the field and everybody spread out so those screen and draw plays should pick up big chunks of yardage. Throw in Finley this offense should have no excuses to not score points. I'm counting the days to where i can see this group together again.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
You think we will see a 4 wide spread set given the fact that our O line is still skeptic? I think we will stay with a 3 wr set and keep an extra TE to block or use someone else to help pick up blitzers.
Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE to see that set up you mentioned, but would Arod have time?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll be honest if we had the time/protection we'd still see this with Driver, Cobb, Jones and splitting Finley out right now...but we don't have the OL for it at the moment...not to say Bulaga can't wake up and return to form, and the rest of the guys improve too, but don't count at it.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm thinking the o line will have things figured out in the next 2 weeks, and will become the dominant line they were at the end of 2010. I like the 4 wideout idea if everyone is healthy.

Jordyruns

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought the O-line looked good this past game, no real drop off in pass protection and it got much better at creating running lanes. Bulaga has been playing poorly all year, EDS looked fine at LG and Lang looked really good at RT, don't be so quick to judge just because someone went down.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
I thought the O-line looked good this past game, no real drop off in pass protection and it got much better at creating running lanes. Bulaga has been playing poorly all year, EDS looked fine at LG and Lang looked really good at RT, don't be so quick to judge just because someone went down.

Somewhat true, but then again that was against AZ., who has a very poor run defense. If we can get that same type or close to the same against another team, then i will beleive that we have made progress.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You think we will see a 4 wide spread set given the fact that our O line is still skeptic? I think we will stay with a 3 wr set and keep an extra TE to block or use someone else to help pick up blitzers.
Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE to see that set up you mentioned, but would Arod have time?

I think the group we saw Sunday looked pretty good in pass protection. There was one play where Rodgers had like 8 seconds to dance around in the pocket but threw it away because no one was open. If we can see more of that the 4 wr set can be deadly.

Jordyruns

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The line is nothing special but it is middle of the pack (no pun intended). It is not as bad as the eagles line or the cardinals line but it is no where near as good as the Giants line. I would rather see a WR set with Jones, Nelson, and Cobb along with Finley and Crabtree for more protection in case blitz is being shown to ensure protection, but that's just me. I do understand where you are coming from though.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The line is nothing special but it is middle of the pack (no pun intended). It is not as bad as the eagles line or the cardinals line but it is no where near as good as the Giants line. I would rather see a WR set with Jones, Nelson, and Cobb along with Finley and Crabtree for more protection in case blitz is being shown to ensure protection, but that's just me. I do understand where you are coming from though.

So let me ask you this, when Jennings comes back...does he become the new James Jones? Remember how Jones hardly ever got any balls thrown his way? Seems like he and rodgers now have a great connection so why mess it up? i think having Jennings back will be huge but more from the point to where he is more of a decoy.

I didn't think this initially but with him missing so much time if he comes back and has a pedestrian type finish maybe he won't get the tag. Maybe it even goes to a guy like Benson or Finley.

H

HardRightEdge

So let me ask you this, when Jennings comes back...does he become the new James Jones? Remember how Jones hardly ever got any balls thrown his way? Seems like he and rodgers now have a great connection so why mess it up? i think having Jennings back will be huge but more from the point to where he is more of a decoy.

I didn't think this initially but with him missing so much time if he comes back and has a pedestrian type finish maybe he won't get the tag. Maybe it even goes to a guy like Benson or Finley.

Finley is signed through 2013. I'm not even convinced we'll keep him into March when the $3.5 mil roster bonus is due. I cling to the thought that Finley has some outstanding football in front of him, but it is looking more and more like it will need to be with another team. Paying the guy $8 mil next year for another Rodgers no-confidence vote doesn't make much sense. A change of scene would do both parties some good. If the season finishes out the way it has started with Finley, I'd put odds on him being gone. A quick reversal of fortune is needed for that $8 mil to get paid out.

Benson is making the vet minimum...he's done nothing to draw the monstrous raise that comes with the tag. If Benson comes back, plays healthy, and plays I'd expect a modest re-signing.

Age, injuries and viable alternatives mitigate against Jennings getting a multi-year deal. Franchising him doesn't even seem very appealing, but I would not rule it out.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Finley is signed through 2013. I'm not even convinced we'll keep him into March when the $3.5 mil roster bonus is due. I cling to the thought that Finley has some outstanding football in front of him, but it is looking more and more like it will need to be with another team. Paying the guy $8 mil next year for another Rodgers no-confidence vote doesn't make much sense. A change of scene would do both parties some good. If the season finishes out the way it has started with Finley, I'd put odds on him being gone. A quick reversal of fortune is needed for that $8 mil to get paid out.

Benson is making the vet minimum...he's done nothing to draw the monstrous raise that comes with the tag. If Benson comes back, plays healthy, and plays I'd expect a modest re-signing.

Age, injuries and viable alternatives mitigate against Jennings getting a multi-year deal. Franchising him doesn't even seem very appealing, but I would not rule it out.

I think they will try to make every attempt to keep Jennings...at least 1 more year.

Members online

Latest posts