Canadian Packer fan eh?

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've enjoyed chatting on some NFL sites but have been looking for one devoted to just the Packers and this ones perfect. Actually got to give Porky the credit for getting me a link here and I see he's been contributing some great rants as I've learnt he's good at. I've always been a football fan but as I grew up there wasn't much coverage in Canada but as the league became bigger we started getting games here on Sunday in 94. As I became glued to the TV every Sunday a redneck gunslinger caught my affection as
I was a 14 year old kid. I became obssesed with Brett and the Pack and have never looked back, and over the last few years it's great with just as much coverage here as down there thanks to sattelite and NFL sunday ticket. I also fell in love with the team cause I love history and tradition and have read many books on Packer teams of the past and most biographys. If anyone knows of a good book I'd like recommendations. My favorite is 'Lombardi When Pride still Mattered" but Paul Hornung's is close as I got it signed when I met him. I was lucky enough to get a connection to get tickets for the last 6 years and will keep coming every year. Sorry for the long intro and thanks Ryan for getting me set up. (BTW Wis people are the greatest and one day I'd love to move there)

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well Welcome CdnFavrefan new here myself only joined early this month and I like it here good place for packer fan. A good book to read is Reggie White: In the Trenches.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Grass is always greener on the other side...I hear you wanting to move to Wisco, but then everyone in wisco likes to go up to Ontario, myself included (even if it is mainly due to fishing, and maybe some good beer :)

Welcome aboard, and I envy your tv access up there, I'm a wisconsinite re-located to Virginia, and you likely get better packer coverage up in the great white north than I do down here!

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome to the site. I am a born and raised wisconsinite, moved to omaha, ne in 2000 and would kill to move back!

OP
OP
C

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wasn't taking a shot at TO as a lot of people would I'm just a country boy who would be eaten alive in that city. That's why GB is the only stadium I can handle driving to. Problem here is it's Vikings country in Manitoba

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A belated welcome Cdnfavrefan,

Now put your tag on our member map so there are more than two Winnnnnnnipegers up there !!!

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cdnfavrefan said:
Done, I should of done that a while ago. Does PackfanTrav still post here or has he drowned in the Red River

lol, I actually swam in that River as a kid. I didn't know the Native people had named it Red River meaning "dirty water' at the time though !!!

Members online

Latest posts