Canadian Football League

metallicblaze

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Had to work, but watched the highlights. Seen the damn Kicker more then the offense. The Defense is not foolproof, I'm guessing they were on too long and the O just couldn't get anything going. Hopefully next week is better, we don't want a slide like the EE are having.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
35-7 to the Eskies? That one hurt. Burris' early mistake turned this game and it looked like the Stamps weren't interested in playing after that. Embarrassing loss for the team and the city. Whipped at home, against our rivals, on Labour Day...

sask_cheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Swaggerville

swag swag swag.
You know who won't be fine? The Riders. Do they ever SUCK
Just another friendly reminder that the Riders suck.

1-7. It wasn't even that bad in Bomberland with Mike Kelly at the helm! Yeesh!

Rider Pride, run and hide

Bomber Blue, coming for you!

I thinks it's safe to say that there should be a little less swag in Swaggerville tonight. Is it time yet for a recall election?

:tup:

VANRIDERFAN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Riders win a close one!
First time in section 28 and it was not nearly as crazy as what I have heard on here;
Listening to Carm Carteri on CKRM pregame and when he said there was no energy, I knew we would be in for a tough game;
Cory Boyd is a LOAD to bring down, he had to be gang tackled every time;
Our D ends were surprised by the Burris-like hand offs which allowed Jyles to gain a ton of yardage;
Durant should never had forced the ball to Cates at the 10. He could have run for 5 easily;
The pick early in the 1st was also a poor decision, should have thrown it away;
Durant hitting Getzlaf 3 times deep and in stride were beauties to watch;
Once again the lack of energy in the team AND the crowd worried me; and
Its a win and its going to be a slobberknocker next week against the Lions.

Pegger Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I shouldn't be surprised that there's so many Rider-Packer fans here...

Well, at least if we ever meet in real life, we would have something in common to talk about before the CFL makes us enemies again ;)

sask_cheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I shouldn't be surprised that there's so many Rider-Packer fans here...

Well, at least if we ever meet in real life, we would have something in common to talk about before the CFL makes us enemies again ;)

True. But really, we only have to be enemies for about two weeks out of the year! It works out just fine for my wife's cousin and I!

Pegger Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm a Calgary fan this weekend ;)

STAMP OUT THE ALS!

Meanwhile, last regular season game at CanadInns, gonna be a barnburner with first place in the East very much up for grabs.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought Burris and Reynolds had one championship season left in them but they didn't, Tate and Cornish were not ready to take this team to the big game but gained valuable experience along the way. Tate and Cornish are the future of this team and both have the potential to be the very best at their position in the entire CFL. I thought 2011 was the end of a championship era for the Stampedes, it turns out to be the beginning of one.

The Lions are going to be hard to beat, who seen that coming? They are hot and have the weapons to win it all. I think they have to be the favorites to bring home the hardware.

What I like about an 8 team league is that only one team has a successful season, one team pretended to, and 6 teams rather just forget about what happened altogether.

If I had to pick a team to route for it would be the Bombers, the city is basically Canada's underdog but my opinion on the team hasn't changed and will not until I see either a Grey Cup victory or another solid regular season. I do like that they are a up and coming team with a lot to play for and are very hungry for success. Who knows, maybe they can grind one out against the Lions and take home the big prize.

Pegger Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WOO!
GREY CUP BOUND!

This game is bound to be a good one; the top two defences going up against the top two hottest offences (Chris Garrett ran for 190 yards, WHAT?)

The dome should remove all outside wind that the Bombers and Ti-Cats had to deal with, so it will be a pure match up between the two juggernauts this year.

CAN'T WAIT.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Congrats to the BC Lions and any fans on this site. Decent game, I didn't think it would even be that close, glad to see the Bombers make a game of it at the end.

0-5 start but they finished 13-2. All about how you finish, the Stampeders could learn something from them.

SanDiegoCheese

West Coast Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Anthony Calvillo has been given a chance to play in the NFL. I watched a special on him on Fox Sports West a LONG time ago, they compared him to Drew Brees and an NFL scout said that he could start for 10-12 NFL teams. I'm not familiar with the CFL, but you would think that will all the QB injuries in NFL this season someone would have called him. :confused:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Has to be a reason as to why not to many q/b or even any type of CFL player doesnt make it in the NFL

I know of Moon, Flutie, Jeff Garcia, Rocket Ismail?

Just read Joe Theisman? WTF?

Pegger Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thing about Anthony Calvillo, at this point in his career, is that he's at the end of a long career, and had a surgery to remove something serious within the past year. It didn't stop him from being dominant in Canada, but really the CFL and the NFL are completely different beasts. NFL stars come up here and fail, and CFL stars get shots in the NFL and OCCASIONALLY make it (Cameron Wake in Miami, maybe Phillip Hunt - in time - in Philly).

As for the reason why CFL QBs don't really make it in the NFL... Well, there are VERY FEW (see: none) QBs starting in the CFL who played in the CIS (Canadian Interuniversity Sports). All, at this point, are brought in from the states and, for that to happen, are cast offs from the NFL.

Now, that's not to say that they're intrinsically WORSE than their NFL counterparts (although, a strong case could be made), but that their skill sets work best in the CFL.

fewer downs means more passing downs. Larger field, more defenders. Unlimited Pre-snap motion means crazier opportunities for plays on offence.

Players like Calvillo, Matt Dunnigan, Damon Allen, to name a few, were able to excel in the CFL because of their particular skills and the unique attributes of the CFL.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts