Can we put Aaron in yet???

OP
OP
C

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you NOT just put your foot in your mouth saying I didn't post anything but Aaron stuff???

Everyone sees through THAT...

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually no....both of my feet are right here, just below my legs.

Maybe you are stalking...errrr spying on someone else!!!!

Aaron!!

OP
OP
C

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think I'll change my name to Cal to DePack...then everyone will be calling me DePack...

I want to be JUST LIKE YOU....oooh ooh ooh...
Stalk Stalk Stalk...

Just like you like it right?

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look Aaron, if you really wanted to start, you'd be shining in practice, not posting on this message board. Like it or not, you fell like a rock on draft day, and you got picked by a team that already had it's starting (future Hall of Fame) qb in place. Seriously, stop stalking Depack, but keep posting, cause we all like you, and your love of yourself.

OP
OP
C

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's an analogy for you guys

Michael Jordan HOF player....
Brett Favre HOF player....

Jordan played w/young wizards team ..played in front of Richard Hamilton..thinking his experience would help the younger team win...

Brett Favre plays w/young packers...playing in front of Aaron Rodgers..thinking his experience would help the younger team win...

Jordan ended up annoying his younger teammates from his constant cricicism and high horse attitude, and stunted the growth of Richard Hamilton by playing in his position. Jordan STILL PLAYED WELL and PUT UP BIG NUMBERS..but the team continued to LOSE. Jordan was forced out. Hamilton had to leave for another team to get playing time and ended up becoming an all start on another team. Hamilton still vehemently defends Jordan, but agrees that it may have stunted the growth of the team w/Jordan being there.

The wizards are now a young team who grew TOGETHER w/no old veterans and are now a perennial playoff team. HARDLY a DISASTER like NASCAR.

Favre is also openly vocal about his team, and (I've heard) rubs some of the younger players the wrong way but they are afraid to say anything because it's Brett. Favre plays in front of Aaron Rodgers. Favre STILL PLAYS WELL and PUTS UP BIG NUMBERS..but the team still loses. Rodgers still vehemently defends Favre...but.....

The rest of the Favre portion of this analogy is yet to come..but hope Aaron doesn't have to leave to become an all-start like Hamilton did in the NBA and I hope Favre doesn't overstay his welcome like Jordan did.

ALSO>>>
And I'll take the compliment that you guys call me Aaron.
My actual middle name is Aaron so this is awesome.
Glad I could provide some entertainment and a spicey counterpoint
to the rah rah FAVRE forever crowd....

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's an analogy for you guys

Michael Jordan HOF player....
Brett Favre HOF player....

Jordan played w/young wizards team ..played in front of Richard Hamilton..thinking his experience would help the younger team win...

Brett Favre plays w/young packers...playing in front of Aaron Rodgers..thinking his experience would help the younger team win...

Jordan ended up annoying his younger teammates from his constant cricicism and high horse attitude, and stunted the growth of Richard Hamilton by playing in his position. Jordan STILL PLAYED WELL and PUT UP BIG NUMBERS..but the team continued to LOSE. Jordan was forced out. Hamilton had to leave for another team to get playing time and ended up becoming an all start on another team. Hamilton still vehemently defends Jordan, but agrees that it may have stunted the growth of the team w/Jordan being there.

The wizards are now a young team who grew TOGETHER w/no old veterans and are now a perennial playoff team. HARDLY a DISASTER like NASCAR.

Favre is also openly vocal about his team, and (I've heard) rubs some of the younger players the wrong way but they are afraid to say anything because it's Brett. Favre plays in front of Aaron Rodgers. Favre STILL PLAYS WELL and PUTS UP BIG NUMBERS..but the team still loses. Rodgers still vehemently defends Favre...but.....

The rest of the Favre portion of this analogy is yet to come..but hope Aaron doesn't have to leave to become an all-start like Hamilton did in the NBA and I hope Favre doesn't overstay his welcome like Jordan did.

ALSO>>>
And I'll take the compliment that you guys call me Aaron.
My actual middle name is Aaron so this is awesome.
Glad I could provide some entertainment and a spicey counterpoint
to the rah rah FAVRE forever crowd....

Here's the big flaw in your analogy.
Leaders on offense:
Brett Favre qb..16 years
Ahman Green rb...9-10 yrs ??
Donald Driver wr...8 yrs
Bubba and David Martin...7yr, 6yrs
Cliton..Tauscher....8-10 yrs..???

Although we do have a lot of young players, the leaders are veterans, MJ retired, came back , retired again, then came back. There is no comparison, except that the fact is, this team is gelling and growing together. Untill Brett says he wants to hang it up, he will be the leader of this team, Aaron rogers has stated several times that he is content to wait and that #4 is still the best qb on The Packers.

mikegrubiak

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cal2GreenBay,

What will you say if Aaron Rodgers comes in and stinks up Lambeau like Ryan Leaf did in San Diego?

There is no guarantee with this kid? He hasn't done anything yet to merit the benching of Brett Favre, imo.

OP
OP
C

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah..I'm not saying that Rodgers is the savior....
Again..that's what I stated in many other posts...

Why is it that if one makes a suggestion...it automatically is an ANTI-Favre sentiment to do it? and then I get blasted w/smites etc???

I'm just trying to put counterpoints out there..but people in this forum and packers fans in general are SO SENSITIVE about Favre...it's scarey.

It's truly like some sort of religious devotion to Favre. I've actually met the guy at the pro-bowl(I go there everyyear w/my buddies)..and he's a cool dude..but he's not a God.

All I'm saying is that Aaron given the chance MIGHT surprise people...but he may never given the chance to succeed because of all the PRO FAVRE people who will hang Aaron for throwing one incomplete pass more than Favre does.

The difference w/Ryan Leaf is that Ryan wasn't a student of the game..he failed because he even admitted in his real sports interview..that he wasn't ready for the NFL. He didn't know how to prepare or handle it.

Aaron's the most prepared of all the Tedford QBs for the NFL. He's been helping Favre w/the terminology of the new system that McCarthy has...that's saying a lot. IF you look at how much faith McCarthy has in him..that says a lot..

Mike McCarthy even was quoted as saying "Aaron has reached his comfort level in this offense..something he didn't have last year...when people see Aaron on the field w/his comfort level..YOU'LL ALL SEE WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT".

McCarthy compares AJ Hawk to Aaron Rodgers as his two young stars on both ends of the field. He's building the young team around those two...

And thanks for the regular response MikeGrubiak and not smiting me like everyone else does.

OP
OP
C

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
Look Aaron, if you really wanted to start, you'd be shining in practice, not posting on this message board. Like it or not, you fell like a rock on draft day, and you got picked by a team that already had it's starting (future Hall of Fame) qb in place. Seriously, stop stalking Depack, but keep posting, cause we all like you, and your love of yourself.

Pack_in_black is delusional.

I WAS shining in practice fool. I outplayed Brett in all the preseason games and in practices. If you were there..you would've seen it.

I don't mind not playing because it's Brett's team and people like you would urinate overthemselves if I were to take over in front of him. Coach Mac knows that and that's why we gotta appease the gold OLE boys network in GB.

I helped Brett w/his terminology of the plays all summer. Old dude has a great arm, but slow on the school skills if you know what I mean. I know YOU know what I mean...

Seriously..stop thinking you know me and what I can/can't do. You didn't even watch draft day...and look at how the teams that didn't draft me are doing now. Look at how Alex Smith and the dolphins and the bucs are doing now...as I said w/the Fox network. Let's see what happens 10 years from now...

ANd by the way..I talked to Brett and he's never heard of Pack_In_Black or your real name or any of his other male groupie fans.

BTW..he hates male groupies...so I guess u need to find another father figure HOF QB..

Reaction score
Ahem

ANYONE who feels they have been unfairly treated for posting their views can feel free to PM Ryan or myself.

Can we PLEASE not get on Cal for posting his opinions and asking about thinks he is curious about. We want to ENCOURAGE people who visit this site to post their ideas, no matter how much they differ from the norm.

Cal props on the analogy, very clever and well written! :thumbsup:

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone still want to put in Aaron after Bretts awesome performance today.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I do because Brett is OBVIOUSLY holding this team back. (sarcasm).

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah every single game they lost in the last 14 or so years was because of Brett. (also sarcasm)

sbp_387

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cyoung said:

Brett should stay in until it becomes clear that this season is lost...
so IF we have no way of making it this year and thier are 3-4 games still to paly, we should give Aaron a lot of playing time to see what we have in him. b/c keeping bret in wont do anything IF the season is alerady lost, he will win but that will just lower our draft pick. hehe

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sbp_387 said:
cyoung said:

Brett should stay in until it becomes clear that this season is lost...
so IF we have no way of making it this year and thier are 3-4 games still to paly, we should give Aaron a lot of playing time to see what we have in him. b/c keeping bret in wont do anything IF the season is alerady lost, he will win but that will just lower our draft pick. hehe

I don't care how low or high of draft pick we end up with I just want to win as many games as possible. You can't build a winner by telling the guys "ok we are giving up on this season for a higher draft pick"....how do you instill pride that way?

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cory said:
guys "ok we are giving up on this season for a higher draft pick

*cough* Texans in 2005 *cough*

I don't agree that they did that unless they were going for mario williams the whole time. I think that team just literally SUCKED.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cyoung said:
Cory said:
guys "ok we are giving up on this season for a higher draft pick

*cough* Texans in 2005 *cough*

I don't agree that they did that unless they were going for mario williams the whole time. I think that team just literally SUCKED.

what about that 20 yard or so field goal it would of taken to win and he like kicked it towards the hot dog vendor.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts