Can we please move on from Brett Favre?

Pat4DaPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett Favre is arguably the greatest player in the history of the Packers. He brought us a Super Bowl, 3 MVP awards and a lifetime of memories. During his time here he captivated the hearts of us all. The way that he played the game will never be matched.

Now he wants nothing to do with the Packers. Thats fine.

Lets just move on. We have a great team and a potential dynasty on our hands. Aaron Rodgers is our QB, lets embrace him even more and leave the past in the past!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The way he played the game will never be matched?

Yeah I'll have to disagree. In fact even Brett disagrees with you. He admits his prime motivator was money.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...why-he-played-in-2010-first-of-all-the-money/

Then you have the guy behind center now saying this
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/19/aaron-rodgers-not-thinking-about-his-contract/

So don't pull the Favre apologist routine and put him on a pedestal above what we have. Does his passion go above what Driver shows? What Woodson shows? No. Not a chance.

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

We could if people would just move on and stop rubbernecking. Positive people don't dwell in the negative. We have an upcoming season that holds great promise, let's look forward and not backwards.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre was great but this is now. We've got a great team. They deserve our respect. Forward we go & onward we march.

CheeseHead87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's easier said than done. Our franchise is one with a wonderful history, and Brett is part of that history. I know personally he was in his prime when I was young, so I grew up idolizing the guy. If only he wasn't such an ***....

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Brett Favre is arguably the greatest player in the history of the Packers. He brought us a Super Bowl, 3 MVP awards and a lifetime of memories. During his time here he captivated the hearts of us all. The way that he played the game will never be matched.
You post this in the OP of a thread requesting we move on? That's funny!

Here's my humble suggestion for those who want to move on from Favre: Stop posting anything about him.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Now he wants nothing to do with the Packers. Thats fine.

Lets just move on. We have a great team and a potential dynasty on our hands. Aaron Rodgers is our QB, lets embrace him even more and leave the past in the past!

Posting a thread to move on from Brett?

You did know this would spark even MORE talk

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The way he played the game will never be matched?

Yeah I'll have to disagree. In fact even Brett disagrees with you. He admits his prime motivator was money.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...why-he-played-in-2010-first-of-all-the-money/

Then you have the guy behind center now saying this
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/19/aaron-rodgers-not-thinking-about-his-contract/

So don't pull the Favre apologist routine and put him on a pedestal above what we have. Does his passion go above what Driver shows? What Woodson shows? No. Not a chance.

Finally some honesty

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he is NOT the greatest player in the history of the packers. Be prepared for some heated responses OP.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with thx,

Stop posting or commenting on anything involving Brett. No comments on a thread and it dies.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I have no doubt that Rodgers is a classy guy, but would like to point out that its not his job to worry about his contract, its his agents. and with a few more qb's getting new deals, one of them is bound to top Brees and Rodgers will still be the best in the biz. The longer we wait, the more he gets, but a deal will get done that is favorable to both sides. Heck, we may not even have to pay him over 20 mil per year, but we probably will to show some love

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have no doubt that Rodgers is a classy guy, but would like to point out that its not his job to worry about his contract, its his agents. and with a few more qb's getting new deals, one of them is bound to top Brees and Rodgers will still be the best in the biz. The longer we wait, the more he gets, but a deal will get done that is favorable to both sides. Heck, we may not even have to pay him over 20 mil per year, but we probably will to show some love
it's always your job to worry about your own mind. In Arods case it's his agents job to be the negotiator

toolkien

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Moving on from Favre himself is pretty easy. It's moving on from the righteously indignant who point their fingers at others and say they are not true Packer fans if they refuse to bow before all things Favre. They seem to be a dying breed, but just when you think it's over the "he saved the franchise single handedly and won a Super Bowl single handedly and he had no one else around him etc etc etc" come back out. I won't shrink from such lest the narrative bend back in the wrong direction. It also acts as a cautionary tale (as we indeed move toward to the future) that we don't create the same situation all over again.

It comes down to this - there were actually THREE Brett Favres over those years - the on-field Favre who ran up stats and won games and had a nice Jim Kelly caliber career (if strung out longer), the lectern Favre facing the media which over time created his media interface character (every player of note develops a persona), and then there was the folkloric NFL Celebrity Favre vaulted three layers above his on-field level (over-hype sells the NFL to casual fans and moves merchandise). There are still people who confuse the myth of the last with the reality of the first and are aggressive in their arguments.

And, so long as the perfunctory honors are still out there in the future (number retiring and ring of honor), and olive branches are considered necessary, articles relating to such will appear and the debates will start afresh. It's almost a motivation to get it done as soon as possible so we can move on once and for all.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My main wish for this season is for Rodgers to get Super Bowl #2 under his belt, which would double Favre's.
And get a 2nd SB MVP as well.
Then I want Rodgers to find a sly, clever, subtle way to get in a dig at the ole gunslinger about it.
Not classless, but funny, sneaky.

Am I the only one?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My main wish for this season is for Rodgers to get Super Bowl #2 under his belt, which would double Favre's.
And get a 2nd SB MVP as well.
Then I want Rodgers to find a sly, clever, subtle way to get in a dig at the ole gunslinger about it.
Not classless, but funny, sneaky.

Am I the only one?

No but I think it will always irk Brett of Aaron comes out of this like the golden boy. If he is treated like starr is around here.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
This is at least the third thread this month with Favre in the title. Can't we just have a Favre forum that I can ignore?
Here's your opportunity to start a web site Poppa. I'd sign right up, I'd rather say my piece than keep quiet. The funny thing is.... let me ask you, doesn't it seem the OP is baiting just a little bit?
I dunno, maybe saying that Ferver is "arguably" the greatest Packer ever? It's arguable all right. This is a post to stir the pot at a time I don't understand. If it's your intent to be done with it then why the heck would you post this rubbish?
Yea, I gave Ivo a "winner" tag because he's point blank in the entire ridiculous post. You only need to read the most recent comments from each guy. BTW, Rodgers said his before the bad guy made his comments. So it came from the heart.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
By 2020, there will still be moaning around here about Favre and arguing over what he was or how good he was or who's better, or what color his truck is, or who his favorite player was, why he shouldn't be in the HoF, why he should be in the HoF, how many touchdowns he threw for, how many interceptions he threw, how many interceptions this guy and that guy threw, how many more reasons to hate him, how many more reasons to forget about him, and so on.

There is no "forgetting" him when this is a topic beat to death because people are angry and have to take it out on something. He hasn't snapped a pass in a whole season and I still hear how much I should "forget" him:sleep: :sleep::sleep:

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
robdog Isn't there a way you can fix the board to show F**** anytime his name is typed?

Maybe then people will tire of trying to post anything about him....and his name will come up as something
forbidden!!!:D

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Can we also move on from the Majick Man, or Lynn ****ey, or Tobin Rote? Or can we talk about why we didn't keep Brohm? Or we should of kept Hasselbeck, or gone for Warner before he retired. I understand the discussion is about our previous QB that crossed us, and sadly didn't show as much loyalty playing for a different team as our old QB J. McMahon has, but we shouldn't be trying to censor his name. Just stay out of the discussion.

On another note, I don't think we can ever get over the loss of F****, sad to see him play for the Seahawks, may he become another great Packer back up.

*edited for errors. Curses F***e had a good streak going and then sold out and couldn't retire to finish it.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can we also move on from the Majick Man, or Lynn ****ey, or Tobin Rote? Or can we talk about why we didn't keep Brohm? Or we should of kept Hasselbeck, or gone for Warner before he retired. I understand the discussion is about our previous QB that crossed us, and sadly didn't show as much loyalty playing for a different team as our old QB J. McMahon has, but we shouldn't be trying to censor his name. Just stay out of the discussion.
I've bolded part of your post for the ones who say staying out of the discussion will make all things Brett go away yet continue to bring him up.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts