Can somebody elighten me ?

• Thread starter I asked LT to delete my acct
  • Start date
I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I`ve always been under the impression that when Favre `decided` to carry on playing `again`, the Packers were not against it, but he would have to compete for the No. 1 quarterback spot. am I right ?

It`s just that seeing articles, particularly the recent one about Favre not holding any grudges about Aaron Rodgers getting his spot. If this is the case, what has he got to moan about ? The Packers didn`t get rid of him, he walked. Am I missing something here ??????

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nope - you aren't missing anything.

Also, a fun little fact for you: Thompson okay'd Brett coming back. Brett sat down and talked for 3 hours with McCarthy. McCarthy is the one who decided to not let him come back. McCarthy said he wanted to talk about the Packers and going forward and all Brett wanted to talk about was the past and how he felt about TT.

Yet TT is the one who most popularly shoulders all the 'blame' for 'getting rid' of Favre.

OP
OP
I

Nope - you aren't missing anything.

Also, a fun little fact for you: Thompson okay'd Brett coming back. Brett sat down and talked for 3 hours with McCarthy. McCarthy is the one who decided to not let him come back. McCarthy said he wanted to talk about the Packers and going forward and all Brett wanted to talk about was the past and how he felt about TT.

Yet TT is the one who most popularly shoulders all the 'blame' for 'getting rid' of Favre.
and HOW MANY times did he talk about hanging up his cleats ??? was it three ???

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre's grudge was two-fold:

1) He was not courted in the manner he expected during the offseason, meaning that they didn't beg him to come back and play which had been the usual case since he started hinting at retirement in 2002.

2) When he asked to come back, he wasn't immediately given his starting position because the team had already "moved on"

OP
OP
I

Favre's grudge was two-fold:

1) He was not courted in the manner he expected during the offseason, meaning that they didn't beg him to come back and play which had been the usual case since he started hinting at retirement in 2002.

2) When he asked to come back, he wasn't immediately given his starting position because the team had already "moved on"
Thank you :tup:

Members online

Latest posts