Can i get a tall receiver

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I keep watching other teams play who have big tall receivers. Guys who are like 6'3 - 6'5. The qb just chucks it up there and they catch it every time. You know why???

BECAUSE THEY ARE TALL.

Its easier for them to catch the ball and to adjust to the ball. They make crap quarterbacks look good. Why do we keep drafting and picking up guys who are 5'10 and 6'0 and 6'1. Jennings is working out pretty well but for every guy under 6 feet tall who is good, there are 3 guys who are 6'3 and over who are as good if not better.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe Herman Moore wants to play again. No one could stop that guy on a fade. Height is definately a benefit but not a must as Steve Smith proves. A lot of CB's would say they'd rather cover a tall guy then a small shifty guy like Smith

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DONT LET P@ck read the "make crap quarterbacks look good" because he may think you are refering to Favre ahhhhhhhhhh the horror (NO I DONOT THINK FAVRE IS CRAP)

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
Steve Smith is 5'9.

Being tall doesn't make you good.

Beat me to it. And Smith is one of the most exciting receivers in the NFL right now.

What we do need is a TE who can catch.

OP
OP
F

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
Steve Smith is 5'9.

Being tall doesn't make you good.

Definitely. Being tall doesn't make you good. And Smith is definitely a rare talent im sure you would agree.

But it just seems like every team has a tall receiver or an extremely athletic tall pass catching tight end. A guy that you can throw that 12 - 15 yard slant and pretty much throw it anywhere and the guy will catch it because he can jump and reach for it as long as you dont throw it behind him.

And most of the teams who dont have a tall guy really suck with the Colts and Patriots being exceptions off the top of my head. But those teams have continuity gained over years. Even the Panthers and Rams are just 6-8 like us even tho the Panthers do have old slow Keyshawn :)

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TE I'll agree with you cause they don't depend on breaking away and creating seperation. But who doesn't want a big TE who can catch. If we find one we'll have to outbid 31 other teams

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
DONT LET P@ck read the "make crap quarterbacks look good" because he may think you are refering to Favre ahhhhhhhhhh the horror (NO I DONOT THINK FAVRE IS CRAP)

It's kind of sad when you say something then have to make it more clear so someone doesn't jump your ***. Good cover JbShell, we don't want to upset the prized boy of the boards.

We have tall WR, one is six two the other is six four.

OP
OP
F

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TE I'll agree with you cause they don't depend on breaking away and creating seperation. But who doesn't want a big TE who can catch. If we find one we'll have to outbid 31 other teams

One was available in the draft (Davis). Keyshawn was available in free agency. I think Mushin Muhammad was available among others. We had cap room. :rubeyes:

OP
OP
F

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JbShell said:

It's kind of sad when you say something then have to make it more clear so someone doesn't jump your ***. Good cover JbShell, we don't want to upset the prized boy of the boards.

Yea but they suck. A good tall receiver is what we need, not just a basketball player pretending to be a receiver.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Cdnfavrefan said:

One was available in the draft (Davis). Keyshawn was available in free agency. I think Mushin Muhammad was available among others. We had cap room. :rubeyes:

Davis instead of Hawk? c'mon now

Keyshawn, give me a break. He's good, but not worth his asking price.
Mushin wasn't available.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
JbShell said:

That's kind of funny Zero, cause I wasn't think that at all....

But to be honest, I do think the same thing about you whenever someone makes a post about TT that is not absolutely in a glowing and positive light!

:wink:

(What about Plexico Burress..He was available...The Pack would have a few more wins if they would have signed that guy, imo..)

OP
OP
F

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
flapackfan said:
Cdnfavrefan said:

Davis instead of Hawk? c'mon now

Keyshawn, give me a break. He's good, but not worth his asking price.
Mushin wasn't available.

Nah im not reallllly saying that. Both would have been nice :)

But we had cap space and should have adressed both linebacker and receiver. I know we got Jennings but he was not a highly touted guy and he has performed alright but pretty much just average for a starting receiver in this league this year. Hawk, Jennings & Keyshawn would have made me very happy. Or if not Keyshawn, a comparable type player. Im sure there were a few of them available just like every year.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
But to be honest, I do think the same thing about you whenever someone makes a post about TT that is not absolutely in a glowing and positive light!

(What about Plexico Burress..He was available...The Pack would have a few more wins if they would have signed that guy, imo..)

Yep, I have pounded Ted for his Wahle decision then I defend his every move, even though I've said we overpaid for Woodson and shouldn't have picked up Manuel. Start using your head instead of your *** next time you post.

About Plaxico, he's a cancer bro. He's always throwing temper tantrums and crap. Why the heck would you want him on the team? If it was someone like Randy Moss, okay. His antics are not overly ******** the team like Plaxico is. Okay, Moss is a bad example lol ... both players give up during a play.

I like the depth of thought to dig up Plax, I just disagree. He was pricey and I just don't see him being worth it. Maybe if he was here he wouldn't ***** though? :shrug: ... its a good thought

OP
OP
F

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lets not forget we used to have Javon Walker who has about 1000 yards and 7 touchdowns this year already. 16 yards per catch. He is lighting it up.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
JbShell said:

That's kind of funny Zero, cause I wasn't think that at all....

did p@ck66 just say Gb shoulda got Plaxico "I quit more often than Randy Moss during a game" Burress?

stop talking, 66, and go back to packerchatters.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yeah right bud..

If you actually watched any Giant games this year you would realize that he was instrumental in alot of their wins this year...

But I don't know what I'm talking about..right.

The Packers would be formidable with Driver, Burress, and Jennings this year...or Keyshawn. They may ***** a little but they can play too.

(and it's Plexico..rhymes with Texaco...learn to spell, bub..)

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ruvell Martin is tall. But he isn't very good. Cory Bradford was tall. But he wasn't very good. Then there was that guy they waived a few years ago, who went to Tampa Bay and is probably out of the league now. He was tall. But he stunk. Bill Schroeder was tall, but not very good.

We do miss Javon Walker, though. A lot. Tall, talented receivers are hard to come by, and he got away. But talent is way more important than height, and it's not like Driver and Jennings are short. They are about average height for NFL receivers.

OP
OP
F

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Ruvell Martin is tall. But he isn't very good. Cory Bradford was tall. But he wasn't very good. Then there was that guy they waived a few years ago, who went to Tampa Bay and is probably out of the league now. He was tall. But he stunk. Bill Schroeder was tall, but not very good.

We do miss Javon Walker, though. A lot. Tall, talented receivers are hard to come by, and he got away. But talent is way more important than height, and it's not like Driver and Jennings are short. They are about average height for NFL receivers.

I kind of liked Schroeder though he wasnt all that good. He wasnt very shifty and i dont remember him being a great jumper but he was pretty fast and he was dependable when it came to making catches.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I kind of liked Schroeder though he wasnt all that good. He wasnt very shifty and i dont remember him being a great jumper but he was pretty fast and he was dependable when it came to making catches.

I always thought Schroeder would've been a really good #3 receiver. He was in a bit over his head as a starter. He put up some good numbers, but mostly during garbage time.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
OP
OP
F

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hey Mr. Obvious..

That's about the only thing about football you've gotten right in a really long time..

Good for you, you must be proud!

(Ride that wave though..It's going to be another long drought..)

The point is Genius, that Burress would have been a great pick however the hell you spell his first name.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts