Can a Flynn led team beat Detroit?

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
The secondary is indeed very bad. Just saying that last week it would be dumb to say they were a bad defense.

I realize that. My analysis of the defense wasn't purely based on last week. I just commented on how bad they played and that their defense is probably just as bad as ours.

We're a little better in terms of not turning the ball over which will help us.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just what I read.. When the injury report says limitied, he isnt out yet
I think Air-Run should suit up even if he doesn't start or play just to psyche out the Lions.
They will have no idea if/when he comes out to play or not.
If they can play dirty then we can play sneaky. ;)

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers are playing this game on the road on a short prep week and coming off a 5 quarter game on Sunday. That's not in their favor. The Lions have flubbed some games lately and they could do it again but we can't count on that.

The Packers have a defense that can't stop anybody and will have to play this high powered offensive team on their artificial fast turf. They didn't have to defend Calvin Johnson last time but will on Thursday. Reggie Bush will have impact in this environment. I doubt the Pack can hold Detroit to under 31 this time.

The Packers' best chance is for a matching offensive day. Detroit's back 7 on D is vulnerable but don't expect a 6 td day by Flynn. Fairley & Co. on their D-line could make running hard and Ansah and Young could bring heat on the quarterback passing. The Packers have to score touchdowns not be held to field goals or left empty when they get in the red zone; something they haven't been good enough at during Aaron Rodgers' absence.

I can see the Packers getting 26-27 pts in this game to keep it interesting and competitive. But at the end I fear the Lions will get the winning score on a Stafford to Megatron pass or a big play by Bush, taking advantage of the Packers' poor tackling. Those "recurring issues" Mike McCarthy refers to.

greenNyellow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We couldn't stop Lesean Mccoy. I don't think we can stop Reggie Bush unless Jolly is back. We need Jolly to play. We also need Shields. I am not confident without him.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
We couldn't stop Lesean Mccoy. I don't think we can stop Reggie Bush unless Jolly is back. We need Jolly to play. We also need Shields. I am not confident without him.

That was when Rodgers was out

Look at how they performed when Rodgers was in.

My theory (and Sitton mentioned it as well yesterday before he blasted the Lions)

Rodgers and the off had long drives, which gave the def time to rest..When the off only short TOP, that doesnt get the def to much time to rest...By the time the 3rd q comes around, they do get tired..

They are professionals, but you can only have so much endurance

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Just my personal opinion but I think Sammy Shields has to play to get the win.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was when Rodgers was out

Look at how they performed when Rodgers was in.

My theory (and Sitton mentioned it as well yesterday before he blasted the Lions)

Rodgers and the off had long drives, which gave the def time to rest..When the off only short TOP, that doesnt get the def to much time to rest...By the time the 3rd q comes around, they do get tired..

They are professionals, but you can only have so much endurance
Playing for 9+ minutes certainly doesn't help.

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is this a serious question??
YES.

If you shut down Stafford and Calvin you shut down te Lions.... All Matt has to do is run the Offense and not turn the ball over.

The Lions aren't that good.....

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a ridiculous embarrassment. 53 TOTAL yards, midway through the 4th quarter. Awesome. This offensive line is playing like sieve. Thank god Rodgers is not playing. Frankly, if this is what the o-line is going to resemble from here on out, then he's smarter to stay away.

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our Defense forced 4 turnover, and scored off of 1 of them. The offense was given plenty of chances by the defense to score and really get momentum swinging to our side. The offense just couldn't make it happen. Without Rodgers, Cobb, Finley, and a disintegrating offensive line there is only so much that we can do. Lacy is GREAT, and he has done well without having Rodgers under center to take heat off of the rushing attack, but he can only do so much.