Can a Flynn led team beat Detroit?

Pat4DaPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say yes! As I mentioned in the other thread, I really like Flynn, and he just does well with the Packers. The Lions are a very streaky team and they lost to the Bucs today, so maybe they are on a downward spiral? Who knows. I still fully believe that we have the playmakers on offense to be effective, and the talent on D to get the win.

Go Pack.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Sure he can.

He could also come out and stink it up.

Guess we're gonna find out.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's face reality right now and get it over with.
Very doubtful that Air-Run will be back.
I will feel a heck of a lot better with Flynn starting over Tolzien.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Let's face reality right now and get it over with.
Very doubtful that Air-Run will be back.
I will feel a heck of a lot better with Flynn starting over Tolzien.

I dont think any one would say Scott is the better option now..

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually have to give MM a lot of credit (something I am not wont to do as I do not often see the supposed offensive genius that he is supposed to be) for making the call to replace Tolzien. When he did that my first thought was well that is not a good sign, it just stinks of desperation (which is probably was) however, everything changed when he brought him in.

Flynn just seemed to understand everything much better than Tolzien, I don't think he did anything physically better than Tolzien but the mental aspect of his game was miles ahead of Scott.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
If rookie Mike Glennon can go 17/21 247 yards 2 tds and no int with 138.4 quarterback rating on Detroit than Flynn should be fine

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
MM better name Flynn as starter for Thursday. If not Im breaking something.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
I like my odds better w/ Flynn than Tolzien…O'line better practice Protection, Good QB's are in short supply, bad ones are plentiful…….

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
I have to disagree with giving McCarthy credit in replacing Tolkien. After the TD drive in the first quarter Tolzien was 4 of 6. He only completed 27% of passes after that (3 of 11). The offense wasn't going anywhere. Might as well roll the dice.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to disagree with giving McCarthy credit in replacing Tolkien. After the TD drive in the first quarter Tolzien was 4 of 6. He only completed 27% of passes after that (3 of 11). The offense wasn't going anywhere. Might as well roll the dice.
MM still has to make the call. That may have been his line of thinking but he still had to get to that point and make a decision. Give credit where credit is due. Though have put him in earlier though. I'll knock on MM for that.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Flynn works in this system and that's why I wanted him back. He went to a run first team in Seattle and a crap team in Oakland. He's back with multiple wide receivers with options where he belongs. He doesn't need the strongest arm, he's smart and makes the right decisions. I love Flynn and he's perfect for a west coast offense.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm fine with giving MM credit for putting Flynn in, if we can ask the organization why Flynn wasn't called the minute that Rodgers went down, and if they think we would be better than 5-5-1 if we had.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Time to trade him while he still has value and start rebuilding.

Yep. We could get like 5 first round pick for Rodgers. Lets trade him and rebuild for the next 5 years. With Matty Flynn has QB of the future :p

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Well, I do think he has a great chance of pulling this off. Watch the Bucs vs Lions high lights and watch how terrible the Lions secondary is.......A rookie ate them alive. Jordy and Jones should light them up nicely. The big question will be can we stop their 2 threats? Megatron is always the biggest threat and Pettigrew looked pretty good as well, he had several hard to catch grabs. Let's hope this D that seemed inspired by Matty Flynn still has some fire left over and we go in and kick some Lion *** !!!!!

Members online

Latest posts