Call Vince Young or Matt Flynn...and NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Theres a difference between being realistic and just having Packer blinders on...i'm realistic with a bit of optimism. If Rodgers is out for a significant amount of time? With the qb situation we have now? we'd be lucky to win another game the rest of the season. I don't care what you TT lovers say but 80% of the blame goes to him, Rodgers hasn't had an adequate backup since Flynn left and that is a FACT.

Vince Young came in and did a solid job but then they cut the dam guy? not only that they cut the guy's they ended up keeping over Young. I knew thiswould happen sooner or later and now we have gone from the best qb situation to the worse qb situation in the league without Rodgers. If we kept Young he could've been up to speed with the playbook and actually gave us a chance to win last night. This is unreal smh.

Royal Pain

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Doesn't it make you wonder why not a single team has even brought Young in for a look since we cut him? Not even as a backup. Flynn may be viable, though, especially since he knows our system and has experience throwing to our receivers.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I don't know what is goin on with this qb room crap, I said it b4 and I'll say it again - MM your qb room is TRASH.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Doesn't it make you wonder why not a single team has even brought Young in for a look since we cut him? Not even as a backup. Flynn may be viable, though, especially since he knows our system and has experience throwing to our receivers.

Of course, but at the same time it's no like he was released for performance when he was here right? the excuse was he was't up to speed on the playbook which is another poor move by TT and MM because the guy was here like three freakin weeks. Had they given him the job he'd know the playbook and we prolly wouldn't be in this mess. They both dropped the ball and they know it.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So if he misses 3 weeks like it is being rumored right now, what are they going to do? If you trot Wallace and that garbage arm out there then that is 3 losses and you are 5-6 when Rodgers gets back. Swallow your damn pride and go get Flynn who you know can run the offense .

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think this team could win and stay in plenty of ball games without Rodgers as long as the rest of the team is healthy. The problem is that our Defense is extremely short handed right now. Any of you guys think McCown only gets sacked one time with both Perry and Matthews playing last night?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
They had their chance with Flynn when he was released from the Raiders but stuck with Wallace..

He will have a week of practice reps now, vs Philly should be better game for him...

If he doesnt play better then, then I expect them to get someone else

Last edited:
OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think this team could win and stay in plenty of ball games without Rodgers as long as the rest of the team is healthy. The problem is that our Defense is extremely short handed right now. Any of you guys think McCown only gets sacked one time with both Perry and Matthews playing last night?

Stay in? maybe...win? probably not. If MM and TT are to stubborn and idiotic to fix the qb situation then i don't know what else to tell ya. 5-6 when #12 gets back.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They had their chance with Flynn when he was released from the Raiders but stuck with Wallace..

He will have a week of practice reps now, vs Philly should be better game for him...

If he doesnt play better than, then I expect them to get someone else

After another possible loss? why risk it? we are still in it but another loss against an NFC foe could cost us at least a wild card spot. They need to act now. Eff another week to prepare. Get sombody in to at least compete!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
After another possible loss? why risk it? we are still in it but another loss against an NFC foe could cost us at least a wild card spot. They need to act now. Eff another week to prepare. Get sombody in to at least compete!

I put my mind set that it wont--- so when it doesnt, I am not disappointed ..But if it does happen, then I get in a even better mood

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Flynn knows the playbook though, it should be a pretty smooth transition for him i would think. I don't care who they bring in, i'd just like for it to be someone without a noodle arm.

Dieseljunkie12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
no! no! no! and here are my reasons why...
VY) yes he was just as good as wallace played last night but at least wallace has had more time with the playbook.
MF) who knows what his confidence is now that he has been on 18 teams in the past 2 seasons. Also i would imagine the playbook has changed since then with the emergence of the run game.
SW) yes he was no aaron rodgers last night, hell even eli manning plays better than him which is bad enough. but from his standpoint yes its your job to be ready to play at anytime but do you really expect to go in. Also its not his fault on first and second downs we ran, well tried to run up the gut against 8-10 in the box setting us up for 3rd and 7 most of the time. i say give wallace the chance to practice with the starters and he wont be bad. well at least better than the two options everyone is shouting out. and good thing this thread is about just the qb because that dom capers defense last night....... are you $HITTING ME!!!!!

BorderRivals.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh Rodell. You just love those name players! Ha. VY is garbage. He was nothing special in pre-season, was released for a reason, and hasn't been sniffed by another team for a reason. Heck, he sent a personal plea to a team via twitter to sign him! Yes, let's please sign a player so desperate that he's tweeting at teams. Come on, Man!

As for Wallace, he looked terrible. But, you have to remember, backups get hardly any reps during practice. I am hopeful that after a week of actually getting reps and gameplanning for his abilities, the offense will be better. Remember, our rushing attack rolled up 200 yards against an 8-man box pretty much all game.

I'd be ok if we bring in Flynn. But, he's probably not the savior people are hoping. There's also a reason he's bounced around the league. He's just not that good.

People can bash TT for not having a better backup plan. But, with a tight cap, it's hard to devote even more money (remember the record deal Rodgers just signed) to backup a guy that hasn't missed a game since 2010. We aren't the only team with perilous backup plans. That's the nature of the salary cap era and the fact that there are few quality QBs in the league.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
As for Wallace, he looked terrible. But, you have to remember, backups get hardly any reps during practice. I am hopeful that after a week of actually getting reps and gameplanning for his abilities, the offense will be better. Remember, our rushing attack rolled up 200 yards against an 8-man box pretty much all game.

That is my thought as well

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would be fine with Flynn coming back. He should be able to get back up to speed quickly. Giving Wallace an entire week with the first team reps will make a big difference.

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
People against Flynn coming back seem to be forgetting one thing, it's not whether he's better than Wallace at this point, it's whether or not he's better than Tolzien. Anyone who says Flynn isn't good enough to at least be given a chance to COMPETE against Tolzien for the 3rd string QB job is wrong IMHO.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh Rodell. You just love those name players! Ha. VY is garbage. He was nothing special in pre-season, was released for a reason, and hasn't been sniffed by another team for a reason. Heck, he sent a personal plea to a team via twitter to sign him! Yes, let's please sign a player so desperate that he's tweeting at teams. Come on, Man!

I'd be ok if we bring in Flynn. But, he's probably not the savior people are hoping. There's also a reason he's bounced around the league. He's just not that good.

People can bash TT for not having a better backup plan. But, with a tight cap, it's hard to devote even more money (remember the record deal Rodgers just signed) to backup a guy that hasn't missed a game since 2010. We aren't the only team with perilous backup plans. That's the nature of the salary cap era and the fact that there are few quality QBs in the league.

Has nothing to do with names my friend..in case you didn't notice but BOTH guy's have played in our system at some point and time. Name player would be Jeff Garcia, daunte culpepper, something crazy like that. i'm just trying to stay afloat until rodgers gets back bro...that's really my only concern right now. Heck if Tolzien can at least give us a respectable pass game i'm all for it...and he's not a "name player" to any extent.

DarkHelmet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Based on what I saw last night I don't think Wallace can run the offense as designed. Neither can Vince Young. Flynn has, and possibly could again. I'd get Flynn immediately and see what he can do.

I actually liked the experiment with Vince Young -- it was worth a shot, but he didn't fit. If they were to bring him in now it would mean rewriting the playbook. We'd see lots of Lacy, Starks and Young himself running the ball. It would be nothing like the Packers offense we're used to seeing, but it might actually win a few games.

I don't think Seneca Wallace is capable of winning a game for the Packers. Best case scenario, the rest of the team would win the game (Lacy/Starks rushing attack, defense tightens up, lots of field goals) and Wallace wouldn't blow it.

No opinion on Tolzien. He's 6'2" so he might be able to see over the line a bit better than the 5'11" Wallace. Flynn is also 6'2" btw, as is Rodgers. I think in today's NFL your QB had better stand at least 6'2". Rodgers gets too many passes batted down himself. A 5'11" guy is going to have a tough time.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Please not Young. This offense is designed to have a pocket passer, not a running QB. I still have no clue why TT was happy with a 5'10", running QB as a backup for Rodgers. If he's going to go that route, I would rather have Tebow, at least he could run the read-option with Lacy.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score

If he doesnt play better then, then I expect them to get someone else

No way man.... now that the eagles have Nick Foles back and he tossed 7 TD's in his return game and threw for 400+ yards.....We are in trouble.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Please not Young. This offense is designed to have a pocket passer, not a running QB. I still have no clue why TT was happy with a 5'10", running QB as a backup for Rodgers. If he's going to go that route, I would rather have Tebow, at least he could run the read-option with Lacy.

Because it's TT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts