But. BUT WHAT?

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What a defensive effort!

McNabb/Westbrook and Co. picked by many to play in the last game of the year!

We struggled on offense mightily which gave the Eagles MULTIPLE chances out there and they get 12 first downs on ELEVEN possessions. Are you kidding me?

They get 13 first downs total which you can bet your butt's will be the lowest total they get held to all year.

Speaking of but's I ripped into somebody here a few weeks ago who had the "ya buts" about our defense. You know, "ya they played good....but." Talking about the teams we played at the end of last year and it only being pre season 'til now.

WELL, BUT NOTHING. These guys are GOOD!

Reaction score
Our D is solid and WILL improve, which is a scary thought.

But the O HAS to perform to give those guys a rest, they were winded by the end of the 2nd quarter, and you can't blame them since they were on the field for 19 of the first 30 minutes.

If that trend continues, this D will be overly exhausted by week 10.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree about the offense.

i was looking @ USATODAY online, and they have a message board-ish thing after every article you can post comments.

Nothin' but sour grapes from those Iggles fans after the Packers game article!!!

I freakin loved it!!

OP
OP
W

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Our D is solid and WILL improve, which is a scary thought.

But the O HAS to perform to give those guys a rest, they were winded by the end of the 2nd quarter, and you can't blame them since they were on the field for 19 of the first 30 minutes.

If that trend continues, this D will be overly exhausted by week 10.

I think the first thing we are going to hear is MM tear into the "0" line and Clifton and Tausher specifically. I have to believe that "that's their man" out their in Favre and him getting beat up is not acceptable.

I expect we will be speaking much better about this group after next week. I know I would not want to be an offensive lineman at practice the next four days.

OP
OP
W

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
I agree about the offense.

i was looking @ USATODAY online, and they have a message board-ish thing after every article you can post comments.

Nothin' but sour grapes from those Iggles fans after the Packers game article!!!

I freakin loved it!!

I guess those Eagle fans couldn't just say they had their shot after Brett's fumble but we were better that day.

That sequence is exactly where we have lost many games in the last few years. After a turnover when our defense could not stop the following drive.

They had their chances too. Our defense kept them out. Plain and simple.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the key sequence was when the Eagles were 1st and goal from the 6 yard line....and the defense made them kick a FG.

That type of stuff is impressive. Yeah, they got points, but if they scored a TD there, that coulda been the ball game.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A reporter asked Al Harris what the defense was thinking after Brett fumbled the ball. He said they didn't care. And it didn't matter to them if the Eagles would've got the ball on the one yard line. They weren't getting in. Gotta love it. 8)

OP
OP
W

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the key sequence was when the Eagles were 1st and goal from the 6 yard line....and the defense made them kick a FG.

That type of stuff is impressive. Yeah, they got points, but if they scored a TD there, that coulda been the ball game.

We got three turnovers. They got two. We converted. They didn't.

We stuffed them like you pointed out when we had to and this was a legitimate football team that will win a lot of games.

We CANNOT start out 1-4 again and this was the start of the reversal of that.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A reporter asked Al Harris what the defense was thinking after Brett fumbled the ball. He said they didn't care. And it didn't matter to them if the Eagles would've got the ball on the one yard line. They weren't getting in. Gotta love it. 8)

That's Effing awesome. What a bunch of studs on our defense. These guys are all-out gamers.

OP
OP
W

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:

That's Effing awesome. What a bunch of studs on our defense. These guys are all-out gamers.

I'm tellin' ya. It's been so long we have seen a real defense around here it might be hard for some to appreciate how much it really means. I knew it was going to be one of those games when the announcer said Philly's FB was "blown up" by Bishop on the opening kickoff and wasn't able to start the game.

Oh Ya. That's what I'm talking about.

Members online

Latest posts