Bucs vs. Packers - Preview and Analyzation

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ORRELSE said:
Bucs3-0 said:
These Packer fans obviously have class, I can remember the days of the old sombrero when half of Green Bay would take a vacation in November and come to the game. The stadium was half green. I remember a few years back going to a game (1997?) and having a Packers fan(in the minority at this time) offer me a braut. I have always admired and respected your fans much more class than say Buffalo. Favre is one of those players you just don't want to retire because you enjoy watching him play. But, it is really hard to have much confidence in your team when the Dilfer led Browns come into town and win. I am going to love the win on Sunday, but it will be hard for me because this is probably the last time we will play against Favre. Good luck this season guys! I hope you win all of them except Sunday.

Now there is a Buc fan with some class. Thanks man.
Good luck Sunday.

Same here, Ditto! This should be one heck of a game! I can't wait. :wink:

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bucs3-0 said:
I believe that you will find "real" fans of each team, but in Tampa people try to prove their loyalty. "I have been there since 76" "I have had season tickets for years now", when in actuality "real" Bucs' fans realize that many of these people must be lying because it is us that were there when there were more GB fans than Bucs' fans in the stadium. There were NO fans of the Bucs from out of state. Things have changed since 2002, but there is and from now on will be bandwagoners and don't tell me there aren't GB bandwagoners as well, because there are and have been. I doesn't matter what team you root for you always hold out hope that your team will win.

I think we all follow your thinking as a general rule, but I wouldn't have added what I underlined in your comment... "Our Team" hails from a small town, which (I think) is also smaller than Tampa Bay... The Packers buck convention by selling stock to their Fans, which no other Team will even consider much less attempt... and that's even when they're trying to build a new Stadium.. Examples would be the new Stadiums for the Colts and the Vikings... AND THAT is where I get somewhat tee'd off with the Owners - they "should" allow the fans to participate in the House that belongs to their team(s) - yet they refuse to do so.... except where they can pull off forced taxation, that is... Be interesting to hear your banter on that thought.

ALL FANS who are "diehard" fans.. all try to "prove" their fandom.. End of discussion.

Around Indy, here with our Club, I constantly hear from the Colts fans that Cheeseheads should just go back where they came from.... Which is lacking in hospitality... I grew up around Indy and we were always taught that Hoosier Hospitality was top-notch... but ever since I moved away (military) after High School and then lived in Wisconsin for almost 15 years.. I've learned all about Wisconsin Hospitality and it is much more generous than any other I can think of.... I cite that NFL.com article by Phil Sims as proof!

Bucs 3-0 reminds me of Vikefan and we're glad to see other fans of other teams stopping by all the time...

Welcome aboard!

Bucs3-0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:

I think we all follow your thinking as a general rule, but I wouldn't have added what I underlined in your comment... "Our Team" hails from a small town, which (I think) is also smaller than Tampa Bay... The Packers buck convention by selling stock to their Fans, which no other Team will even consider much less attempt... and that's even when they're trying to build a new Stadium.. Examples would be the new Stadiums for the Colts and the Vikings... AND THAT is where I get somewhat tee'd off with the Owners - they "should" allow the fans to participate in the House that belongs to their team(s) - yet they refuse to do so.... except where they can pull off forced taxation, that is... Be interesting to hear your banter on that thought.
ALL FANS who are "diehard" fans.. all try to "prove" their fandom.. End of discussion.

Around Indy, here with our Club, I constantly hear from the Colts fans that Cheeseheads should just go back where they came from.... Which is lacking in hospitality... I grew up around Indy and we were always taught that Hoosier Hospitality was top-notch... but ever since I moved away (military) after High School and then lived in Wisconsin for almost 15 years.. I've learned all about Wisconsin Hospitality and it is much more generous than any other I can think of.... I cite that NFL.com article by Phil Sims as proof!

Bucs 3-0 reminds me of Vikefan and we're glad to see other fans of other teams stopping by all the time...

Welcome aboard!

Vikefan actually was on the Bucs message board earlier and recommended this site. Funny you should mention him. Forced taxation, the Tampa Bay was allowed to vote on a tax increase to raise money for the stadium, I for one voted for that increase because I wanted to keep our squad. RJS will never have the mystique of Lambeau EVER, but it is a hell of a stadium and a fun place to watch the game. I agree these greedy owners should allow the fans to buy stock of their favorite team, but they won't. As far as Wisconsin hospitality, I wouldn't know but, I am sure it is great considering the quality of the fans that I have interacted with here in Tampa. One question, isn't it great to have football back? I look forward to the next Sunday starting Monday. I love talking football. I think I might stick around this board for awhile. Not as much smack, just intellegent football talk with the exception of a few.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am a huge packer fan myself, and will never give up on them if they do bad, im just saying that it is annoying when fans have the mentality that their team is infallible and will always be infallible. I am realistic and like looking at the games objectively not just being like the packers will win because they are the packers and are awesome. Of course i am always going to root for the packers to win but when it comes to looking ahead and analyzing, which the first post in this thread did not do, it should be more objective. Also about the Bucs d-line yeah they held mcgahee to very few yards but the bills didn't give him the ball. He had like 15ish carries, so he didn't have many chances to produce. If the packers play this game right, they have 3 above average running backs that should be able to run it effectively. Also the packers offensive line is better than the bills. Especially if they put Barry at tight end some. The only thing im really worried about with the packers is the secondary. They are really young and are showing their inexperience, but hopefully they will get better the more they play.

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From a person who doesn't care about the bucs and hates the packers I think I can give a fair prediction on the game. One of two things will happen. Either the packers will use this game to get back on track like they did against the lions last year, and it will be a big Green Bay victory, or they will continue to struggle but their defense will keep them in them game and Tampa will win by just a few points. I hope the packers injure alot of bucs though because we have to play them the following week.

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
big3 said:
From a person who doesn't care about the bucs and hates the packers I think I can give a fair prediction on the game. One of two things will happen. Either the packers will use this game to get back on track like they did against the lions last year, and it will be a big Green Bay victory, or they will continue to struggle but their defense will keep them in them game and Tampa will win by just a few points. I hope the packers injure alot of bucs though because we have to play them the following week.

One of 2 things will happen: the Packers will win or the Bucs will lose. ;)

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts