Bubba Franks

ohiopacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He looked good - caught a ball and bowled over a defender . Maybe the light has come on - and will be a force . :feedback: :cross: :shrug: :thumbsup: :pals: :pray: :USA:

RainX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He can't do much worse than the past couple of years.

I look for an improved year from him, but probably no a Pro Bowl caliber one.

Wouldn't mind him proving me wrong though.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was a really good play by Bubba. Running over a defender is something he almost never does. He looked good last week, too. With all of Favre's complaining about the route running by the young guys, maybe he will be looking Bubba's way more often.

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He seemed to be getting enough looks last week that I went ahead and took a flyer on him in a couple of Fantasy drafts.

If he does not have to stay in to block for the running game, his only problem would be the dropped passes-- which MM has maintained all along is just a matter of confidence. I see a big correlation between his struggles and the team's poor red zone performance. If Driver does not bounce right back, Brett will be looking for his next most familiar receiver when he needs to dump off.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bubba has hands of stone. I'm not sure you can ever correct that. I look for him to be less than he has been, not more.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Bubba has hands of stone. I'm not sure you can ever correct that. I look for him to be less than he has been, not more.

His first few seasons Brett said Bubba had the softest hands on the team.

With that knowledge and your statement, you are saying you can go from having soft hands, to stone hands and then thats the end of the line.

I disagree.

I think with more reps to Bubba he will return to similar form of his Pro Bowl years.

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bubba's problems the last couple of seasons have been more mental than anything else, I don't understand why he didn't seek help earlier to get back to his previous form.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packedhouse01 said:

With that knowledge and your statement, you are saying you can go from having soft hands, to stone hands and then thats the end of the line.

I disagree.

I think with more reps to Bubba he will return to similar form of his Pro Bowl years.

Zero then what happened to him the past couple seasons? I believe it was a mental thing, but the mind can change your physical play as well.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
packedhouse01 said:

I disagree.

Zero then what happened to him the past couple seasons? I believe it was a mental thing, but the mind can change your physical play as well.

2005 the entire team sucked
2006 i think he was removed from his element and was more of a 6th OL than a TE and that messed with him

I'm not saying he's still a Pro Bowler. I am saying I expect him to regain some form from his Pro Bowl years IF he is used more as a TE than a OL.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't recall Bubba dropping any passes in 2005. He missed much of that season with an injury anyway. He had great hands up until last year, so I agree that it was a confidence thing. Several catches he's made in the past two weeks have been nice grabs while in traffic, with the ball coming at him fast. This is the old Bubba. If he keeps playing like this, he will provide a big boost to the offense.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He looked good - caught a ball and bowled over a defender . Maybe the light has come on - and will be a force . :feedback: :cross: :shrug: :thumbsup: :pals: :pray: :USA:
Yeah that was an awesome play. I liked the way he protected the ball too when he bowled over the defender. We really need Bubba to come through this year. Hopefully he will.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd love to see Bubba get his offensive talents going cause if you ever watch him at a game you still realize he does a lot of things right no one sees. I saw him throwing some great blocks Sunday and was happy to see him playing with some more passion. To me he sometimes almost seems a bit uninterested.

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
I think he's been playing well. You can tell the guy just LOVES getting in the end-zone. It kind of seems like it re-chargers him and makes him want it even more.

I think he'll remain solid for the rest of the year.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts