Bryan Bulaga: out for the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How does this guy keep winning the 1 on 1 battles like that?? No way anyone saw that coming this soon when they drafted him.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MM heard about all of our fears communicated in this thread and told the defense to take it easy on Bakhtiari so that we would all calm down a little bit

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The LT for us this year is set to face:

Peppers x2
Jared Allen x2
DeMarcus Ware
Aldon Smith
Brian Orakpo
Terrell Suggs
Pierre-Paul

It's amazing that we appear to have to rely on a 4th round rookie to block those guys.
Also, who's next after him when he gets hurt?

Newhouse at RT?
I'd feel much better with Barclay there, based on what each did last year.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Funny thing..

Just NOW on NFLN Mike Mayock talking about our issue at LT...He says that he loves Bakhitari, and that this kid can play

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
The LT for us this year is set to face:

Peppers x2
Jared Allen x2
DeMarcus Ware
Aldon Smith
Brian Orakpo
Terrell Suggs
Pierre-Paul

It's amazing that we appear to have to rely on a 4th round rookie to block those guys.
Also, who's next after him when he gets hurt?

Newhouse at RT?
I'd feel much better with Barclay there, based on what each did last year.

Yeah, that is a hell of a list of QB hunters he will be facing off with. I don't put a lot of faith in a rookie.... let's hope he is a gem and can kick some ****.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Jason Wilde@jasonjwilde 10m
"Bryan wants to give it a go... He doesn't even look like he's injured. It's one of those plays you don't really understand."

MM on Bulaga: Just visited with him. We're still waiting on a medical opinion. He's still hopeful to potentially give it a go. Nothing final

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Jason Wilde@jasonjwilde 10m
"Bryan wants to give it a go... He doesn't even look like he's injured. It's one of those plays you don't really understand."

MM on Bulaga: Just visited with him. We're still waiting on a medical opinion. He's still hopeful to potentially give it a go. Nothing final

As much as I would like to see him out there, You can't push that type of injury/potntial injury. He could make it worse. Or, not play at 100% and his effectiveness be in check.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I heard that they sent the MRI to James Andrews for a 2nd opinion

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
I know but usually guys get owned in those drills by the vets. Its good that he has some nasty in him and can hold his own 1 on 1.

Now, if only he ends up getting in some good tussles with the vets, we will know he has some fight and grit in him and some brass balls too. Hope he is a mean young bastard, we need some mean on this team.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds like Bulaga has a partially torn ACL. Its possible that it was partially torn already seeing as he played through it and felt pretty good and still does. He probably just tweaked it a little more if that is the case. This is excellent news if true. He would probably get the go ahead to play with a heavy brace and go until it blows if it even blows and then get it fixed up asap after the last game. His rehab would be much quicker as there would be no trauma to other components of the knee joint and thus he could get after it rehabbing much sooner with an already very strong leg.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
From what is said..A small tear is treated as a full tear, as it needs a complete rebuild of the ligament..Rehab is 9 months to a year on a partial tear

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Someone from the Patriots did this I believe. I think it was Logan Mankins . They just kept it secret until after their last game.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
I cant say I like the idea of him playing on an injured knee, that is like playing with a ticking time bomb in your leg....who knows what collateral damage could ensue? If it's broke, get it fixed.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From what is said..A small tear is treated as a full tear, as it needs a complete rebuild of the ligament..Rehab is 9 months to a year on a partial tear
Ya, it has to be completely repaired eventually as you can't fix that ligament you can only replace it. The part that is good though is that usually you are dealing with multiple things in a knee injury and it takes the longest initially to recover from the torn MCL. The swelling comes from the torn cartilege. He would not be dealing with those issues unless additionally injured those.

I tore all 3 and my orthopedic opted to have me rehab the MCL for 6 weeks before surgery and strengthen my leg. I had surgery on thanksgiving weekend and was cleared to run in late January. Once the first week passed and all the surgical trauma had gone away I was able to really get after it in rehab at an accelerated pace. If he makes it through the season without blowing up the rest of his knee I would expect him to have a similar experience

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
NFLN talking about this now..

Baldniger??? Says he played in college with a partial tear for entire year on a partial tear then had surgery at end of season..
He also is saying someone played 14 years on one...

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whatever happens (and with us, I have learned to expect the worst), you have to tip your cap to Bulaga for trying to do whatever he can to PLAY.

I wish the medical geniuses could figure out a way to really accelerate that healing process...... we can artificially do a lot of things now..... make skin grow, stem cells..... I feel someday way down the road, they will be able to get these things to heal in a matter of a couple of months. Wish that could be now.

I hate the ACL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts