1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Brother sues brother over Packers tickets

Discussion in 'All Other Team Discussions' started by robdog, Jun 29, 2009.

1. robdog

robdog Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +293 / 2 / -2
    Packer Fan Since:

Read full story...
  2. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979 / 0 / -0
    Man, this system is ****** up. They have 13 season tickets and live in Arkansas and LA! They have them just make profit out of them, they don't attend the games... But I can't think of any solution to that.
  3. Dizzle498

Dizzle498 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    The solution is to make the tickets non transferable...The Phoenix Suns are actually trying some of this, this year. That is a big leap though considering a lot of people that have season seats don't end up going to every game, and will give tickets to their family and friends...No easy solution.
  4. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, but what about those people that can't attend certain games? They're just gonna lose money? IMO that's the best alternative to the current system, but it's not a solution so to speak... Maybe make tickets non transferable but refundable would be better, but there are logistic problems in that. The team could lose money.
  5. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +748 / 22 / -11
    I think what he means by non-transferable is that you cannot transfer you tickets to a family member when you die or no longer want them. I wonder how many season ticket holders live out out state and never actually go to the games, ever.
  6. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979 / 0 / -0
    Guess you're right. I wouldn't like that either, a lot of families pass on the tradition of attending packer games. My bet is that 75% of the family transfered tickets are used by the second and third generation. Does MIN uses the same system?
  7. cyoung

cyoung Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Seems like a great waste to have a ticket and not go to a game. Two seasons ago I had tickets to Iowa vs. Western Michigan and I wasn't able to go (seeing the results I'm glad I didn't go) but I wanted to kill myself having the ticket but not going.
  8. robdog

Ratings:
    +293 / 2 / -2
    Packer Fan Since:
    The weird part about this family is they have 13 tickets, you think they would be able to find a way to figure this out with that many tickets...
  9. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +748 / 22 / -11
    No. Most teams do not let you pass them on to family. You have to give them up. That's why even though the Redskins have 150,000 on the season ticket waiting list they only have to wait an average of something like 5 years to get them.
  10. robdog

Ratings:
    +293 / 2 / -2
    Packer Fan Since:
    I think the Packers are the only team in the NFL where you CAN transfer them to your family right? I wonder how many people "cheat" the system and say oh yeah he is my twice-removed brother-in-law step-cousin person!
  11. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979 / 0 / -0