Broadcasting times need to change a bit!

Texas9erFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not suggesting a change in the entire schedule but just the second game on Sunday.

Is anybody else as annoyed as I am about missing huge chunks of the first quarter of the second game because the 1st game went into overtime??? It happened to me this past Sunday. I tuned in to the second game and had to wait for the Saints/Falcons game to end because of OT. By the time the second game started, they had burned through 13 minutes of the 1st quarter already! :mad:

C'mon, MAN!

The NFL and it's broadcasters need to allow for OT and move back the 2nd game's kickoff. Schedule an HOUR between the expected end of the 1st game, and the kickoff of the 2nd. It allows for some post-game interviews and some pre-game hype and NOBODY misses a single snap.

I'm just saying! :confused:

OP
OP
Texas9erFan

Texas9erFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GET directv no problem
Dude... do YOU have DirecTV? Because that's exactly what I have and have had for many years. That doesn't change anything. In fact I've got a unique deal with them that gives me the major network feeds from NY and LA, instead of the local Austin stations, so I get a bit wider choice of what games I want to watch. But that has nothing to do with NFL scheduling and broadcast times and the fact that games overlap virtually every weekend... even if they don't go into OT!

tstej

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dude... do YOU have DirecTV? Because that's exactly what I have and have had for many years. That doesn't change anything. In fact I've got a unique deal with them that gives me the major network feeds from NY and LA, instead of the local Austin stations, so I get a bit wider choice of what games I want to watch. But that has nothing to do with NFL scheduling and broadcast times and the fact that games overlap virtually every weekend... even if they don't go into OT!
He is talking about the free NFL sunday ticket deal directv had for new customers before the season started.

gmann001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with you... start first game 1/2 hour early? or second game 1/2 later? Either way, I am sure the networks can come up with something to fill in any space between games if needed.

To me nothing is more frustrating than waiting for a game and then the early game goes into overtime.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I'm not suggesting a change in the entire schedule but just the second game on Sunday.

Is anybody else as annoyed as I am about missing huge chunks of the first quarter of the second game because the 1st game went into overtime??? It happened to me this past Sunday. I tuned in to the second game and had to wait for the Saints/Falcons game to end because of OT. By the time the second game started, they had burned through 13 minutes of the 1st quarter already! :mad:

C'mon, MAN!

The NFL and it's broadcasters need to allow for OT and move back the 2nd game's kickoff. Schedule an HOUR between the expected end of the 1st game, and the kickoff of the 2nd. It allows for some post-game interviews and some pre-game hype and NOBODY misses a single snap.

I'm just saying! :confused:
You can blame Heidi for that. :)

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why should the NFL care about our needs when all they care about is money?
Don't believe me?
Then just ask any of those unfortunate souls who got bumped from their seats in Jerry's world at the Super Bowl.

I agree with you 9er fan. They should have a break between games to allow for extra stuff.

tstej

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where I live its Dish or Direct so I just alternate to keep the new customer pricing.

UCSB616

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Current subscribers can call directv in July, tell them you are unhappy and ask to cancel service. They will give you offers to stay. Keep rejecting the offer and asking for Sunday ticket for free. You might have to pay for it once, but I've gotten it either for free or severely discounted five years running. They are a loose run company with several layers of customer retention. They lose a ton of money if you go elsewhere so they are very accommodating to current customers.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Well I think it matters where you are on the map.

I'm in the Gulf Coast, so the Saints are the biggest games down here and we get them every week, but yes it bothers me too when a game is in Overtime and you end up missing bit of the one you were waiting for.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts