Bring on the Browns!

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lets just put last Sunday past us and look forward to this coming Sunday and lets be hopeful for the best and not understimate the browns.

pantherd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Excellent thread. Last week is gone. Nothing you can do about it now, but there's plenty that can be done about this Sunday. Like most teams do, we all should take our day and stew and then be done and focused on the upcoming week.

Cleveland is a very winnable game, but there's that ole any given Sunday thing hanging out there. The best team doesn't always win, but the most prepared typically does. Fans included.

Carolina best put on the big boy pants this week with New England coming to town. Of course that is a window of opportunity just waiting to happen. A good showing against a perennial Super Bowl Champion would go a long way toward erasing the memory of a crushing last second loss to an inferior team in week one.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Go Panthers I wish you all the best this week. I know your team has had the injury bug also, but I hope they rise to the occassion and kick the Pats.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Robin Yount said:
Philly,

But we won't lose, we are a good team. Like I said, this is a game that allows us to work on things that we were lacking on last weekend.
That is the most arrogant comment that I have ever seen on this board. You can not approach ANY game in the NFL as a practice game to work on some stuff.

ORRELSE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
Robin Yount said:
Philly,

But we won't lose, we are a good team. Like I said, this is a game that allows us to work on things that we were lacking on last weekend.
That is the most arrogant comment that I have ever seen on this board. You can not approach ANY game in the NFL as a practice game to work on some stuff.

Why, we've been doing that with the Bears for years. :p

Actually--I don't agree with that either. I've seen too many occasions over th epast few years where we've underestimated an opponent and it bit us in the ***. Arizona in the heat anyone?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he never said it was a practice game, and to a certain extent, I agree. WE are lucky to face these mediocre teams early on, to straighten ourselves out and get on a roll. We might play sloppy, even bad against the browns, but should still win. They are a BAD team, and have INJURIES. If we played some of the powerhouses in the league early (Philly,atlanta,new england,etc) we could easilly have a bad losing record, and with the bye week at week 5, we should be 2-2. So by then we should have the defense playing consistent, and the offense will have been back on track. This better be the case, cuz after the bye week, things get a lot tougher. It is important for us to do well before week 6. Losses won't be bad as long as we improve. Cuz if we play bad, dont improve, yet win games 1 through 4, then it doesnt help much. Sure we'd go into the bye 3-1, and be able to rest, but if we dont improve then we'll be smashed by the quality teams after week 5.

So to a certain extent this IS kind of a practice game. We can work ourselves out. Against a team like the browns and saints, we can play bad and probably win. Against a phillyNE you can not play bad and win, you could play good and lose.

I still respect the browns as an opponent, but they do not scare me as much as...anyone else in the league. Face it, they are a bad club.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am sending two pounds of mexican REAL HOT GREEN CHILI PEPPERS, so if Sherman still keeps his no emotions face and the ofense is still slow Master Bates will stick some of this into their ***$es and have them play with the heat inside :twisted: :wink: :whippin:

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ORRELSE said:
Philtration said:
Robin Yount said:
Philly,

Why, we've been doing that with the Bears for years. :p

Actually--I don't agree with that either. I've seen too many occasions over th epast few years where we've underestimated an opponent and it bit us in the ***. Arizona in the heat anyone?
What were they working on in last years game in Green Bay? Loosing?

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
So to a certain extent this IS kind of a practice game. We can work ourselves out. Against a team like the browns and saints, we can play bad and probably win.
Defending a dumb statement with one of your own are you? It is NOT a practice game! By the way, I do not know of anyone who thought of the Saints as a bottom feeding team this year. They just beat the Panthers on their own field last week and for you to say you can play badly and probably win shows that you do not know very much about the NFL.

OP
OP
R

Robin Yount

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Phil,

Arrogant? I think you need to pick another word to describe my message. Its more that I am overly Confident in the Pack.

I don't know how I could be arrogant in talking about a football team that I am a fan. Last I checked I wasn't a player or coach on the team.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Robin Yount said:
Phil,

Arrogant? I think you need to pick another word to describe my message. Its more that I am overly Confident in the Pack.

I don't know how I could be arrogant in talking about a football team that I am a fan. Last I checked I wasn't a player or coach on the team.
This is going into smack. Let's just drop it. Ok?

Members online

Latest posts