Brian Robison fined for kicking his “sweet spot”

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because it was a Packer at the receiving end of the hit. Packer players can do no wrong. You see the kick but you very seldom see what preceded it. You don't see Lang whipping Robison's leg's out of he way and you don't see Lang moving towards him while he is on his back. The play was over, why continue to move towards a down player? I don't agree with the kick, but I don't see him serving a suspension over it. Fine, yes.
Do you honestly think that what Lang did is even remotely plausible as motive for a kick in the balls?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I am sorry for those that really are a true fan..But this was some funny stuff..

I was at work when this happened, and there was 3 in my dept and about 10 in another and I kid you not..All 13 of us laughed so hard it was crazy...

And for some of them, it wasnt that it was Brett it was the Vikings..

For me it was Brett lol

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Lang and the guy made up....Why should we still be fighting over it?
I'm not fighting over it, but to say that the only reason that people don't think that Woodson should be ejected and think Robinson should is because Woodson is a Packer is absurd, and to try to justify such a low blow is even worse.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am sorry for those that really are a true fan..But this was some funny stuff..

I was at work when this happened, and there was 3 in my dept and about 10 in another and I kid you not..All 13 of us laughed so hard it was crazy...

And for some of them, it wasnt that it was Brett it was the Vikings..

For me it was Brett lol
That play is indefensible. I mean, there were 3 better options, he could've ran with it, he could've thrown it away. Heck, even getting down he would've given his team a better chance, but the gunslinging mentality just took over, as it did time and time again in the playoffs.

That's why Favre won only 1 SB despite his amazing talent and that's why McCarthy says that Rodgers is the best decision-maker he has worked with since Montana. In the end, no matter how talented you are, the most important aspect of a QB is decision making. And that's why Starr is the best QB ever and not Favre.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
That play is indefensible. I mean, there were 3 better options, he could've ran with it, he could've thrown it away. .

Couldnt have ran, dontcha know??? We according to some..

The fans said he was hurting and no way he could have ran..You saw the bruises from that game!!

But they fail to see him RUNNING on the roll out on the same play he tosses that int.....Yet his legs hurt to much to run 4 more yards?? When he just ran 10?

I love his fans..They make it so easy

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not fighting over it, but to say that the only reason that people don't think that Woodson should be ejected and think Robinson should is because Woodson is a Packer is absurd, and to try to justify such a low blow is even worse.

I feel that if you want Woodson ejected, then the Viking player should have been ejected..

I actually think both should have been ejected...

That is my only issue...

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Couldnt have ran, dontcha know??? We according to some..

The fans said he was hurting and no way he could have ran..You saw the bruises from that game!!

But they fail to see him RUNNING on the roll out on the same play he tosses that int.....Yet his legs hurt to much to run 4 more yards?? When he just ran 10?

I love his fans..They make it so easy
I know better than to argue with crazy people...
I feel that if you want Woodson ejected, then the Viking player should have been ejected..

I actually think both should have been ejected...

That is my only issue...
I would have no problem with Woodson being ejected. Andre Johnson was ejected for punching Finnegan (though the fight endured much longer). But I do believe that what Robinson did is a million times worse. Woodson got into a fight. Robinson threw a cheap shot.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
But I do believe that what Robinson did is a million times worse. Woodson got into a fight. Robinson threw a cheap shot.

For people it is much worse to be jewel kicked then punched..

But for the NFL they view it as one in the same..Or at least that is how I feel they view it

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
N
Do you honestly think that what Lang did is even remotely plausible as motive for a kick in the balls?
No, but my response is to those that feel that Robison should have been ejected but Woodson not. To me, they both should have. Some have said that what Woodson did was not comparable, I disagree. A punch, a kick. it's the same thing. Last night a player was ejected for punching another player in the face mask. I don't disagree with it. If you are going to ask for ejections, it has to be the same across the board and not just other players on other teams. Mitigating circumstances or not.

As to the Brett Favre play, why can't Packer fans leave it alone? It's indefensible. Really? Have you ever been in that situation? It's easy to sit here after the fact and say he could have done this or he could have done that. When playing the game at full speed you don't have that much time to think. And that goes for all players, not just Brett. To sit and criticize a player for something he could have done during the game is disingenuous. People make the wrong decisions in life all the time. Had that ball not been intercepted and they won the game it would have gone down as a gritty gutsy play. The difference between being a hero and goat is very thin line.

OP
OP
greenandgold

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
I agree with this. I always say I don't mind the rules so much as long as they are consistent. Therefore, based on consistency, if Woodson didn't get thrown out, neither should Robison for committing a similar infraction. Rules need to be objective, so even if it's a Packer, they still apply.

I still disagree. A punch at the gut is not as bad as a deliberate kick to the crotch.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
As to the Brett Favre play, why can't Packer fans leave it alone? It's indefensible. Really? Have you ever been in that situation? It's easy to sit here after the fact and say he could have done this or he could have done that. When playing the game at full speed you don't have that much time to think. And that goes for all players, not just Brett. To sit and criticize a player for something he could have done during the game is disingenuous. People make the wrong decisions in life all the time. Had that ball not been intercepted and they won the game it would have gone down as a gritty gutsy play. The difference between being a hero and goat is very thin line.

When a HOF q/b----the best ever (according to some) throws an int at the end of a NFC Champ game, one would think that q/b would try his hardest to be more careful the next time..

He is suppose to be the BEST and yet does that----not once but twice? And since it was done for one of if not THE most hated Packer rival, we gloat in it

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still disagree. A punch at the gut is not as bad as a deliberate kick to the crotch.

Not as bad as, but the infractions were of a similar nature. For example, punching somebody in the head is worse than punching them in the arm or leg. In the workplace, it doesn't matter if you punch a coworker in the head, arm or leg in an act of aggressive confrontation, you are still going to get fired. It's about intent. They were both acts of aggression with the intent to do harm. It doesn't really matter if one was worse than the other, the rules view them as the same.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
When a HOF q/b----the best ever (according to some) throws an int at the end of a NFC Champ game, one would think that q/b would try his hardest to be more careful the next time..

He is suppose to be the BEST and yet does that----not once but twice? And since it was done for one of if not THE most hated Packer rival, we gloat in it

By definition of insanity, doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I probably shouldn't comment but I have no idea what you're talking about...
There is or was, don't know if they still do it, a tradition of Packer fans mooning the Visiting teams bus as it left the stadium after the game. That's why Moss did what he did. And for Packer fans to be outraged by what he did, it is just to funny.

OP
OP
greenandgold

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
Well, a very loose connection, I guess. I mean Favre kind of figuratively kicked his Green Bay fans in the crotch by going to Minnesota.

OP
OP
greenandgold

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
Not as bad as, but the infractions were of a similar nature. For example, punching somebody in the head is worse than punching them in the arm or leg. In the workplace, it doesn't matter if you punch a coworker in the head, arm or leg in an act of aggressive confrontation, you are still going to get fired. It's about intent. They were both acts of aggression with the intent to do harm. It doesn't really matter if one was worse than the other, the rules view them as the same.

I'm a guessing you may think that way because you've never been a guy that was kicked in the crotch....unless you had a former life.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm a guessing you may think that way because you've never been a guy that was kicked in the crotch....unless you had a former life.

LOL, can't say I've had the experience. But I know from some guy friends who had it happen to them, well lets just say it's not a good feeling.

So, should the league make up a new fine/ penalty for one player kicking another in the crotch?