Brian Cushing

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what do you all you think of him.. put all the steroid accusations away do you believe he would be a good fit in our 3-4 scheme..

A. Rodgers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he could, BUT i think the OT or the CB positions need some more help, Especially CB because of Woodson's and Harris's age

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like I've said before, I think he fits exactly what we need. We have a pass rush OLB in Kampman, we need another OLB who can pass rush, but also cover. This guy can...

OP
OP
Spanish Rose

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i actually completely agree with you... i want jenkins.. but i just wanted to know some thoughts on this guy.. does anyone believe he would be a better olb than orakpo

NormalSizedMidget

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The more I look at all the OLB prospects even for the 3-4, the more I think we should wait until later in the draft and take an OT if there is one there at 9. It just seems like there could be someone there in round 2 and if not we could trade down or (gasp) trade up from round 2 to nab one possibly. I do like Cushing though, I think he'll be a beast and he seems like a guy I'd love to have in Green Bay. I wouldn't be disappointed at all if he made his way here.

I don't know if I could compare him to Orakpo just because of the differences in the types of players. I guess if I had to pick one just based on my gut and who passes the eye test I'd go Cushing. I'm a little gun shy to say Orakpo because he reminds me of Gholston in a way and we all know how that worked out, so far anyways.

OP
OP
Spanish Rose

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NO WAY DRAFT AN OT IN THE FIRST ROUND.. thats absolutely insane.. wait till later in the draft for an ot.. for that just draft jenkins and draft olb in the second

OP
OP
Spanish Rose

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NormalSizedMidget said:
The more I look at all the OLB prospects even for the 3-4, the more I think we should wait until later in the draft and take an OT if there is one there at 9. It just seems like there could be someone there in round 2 and if not we could trade down or (gasp) trade up from round 2 to nab one possibly. I do like Cushing though, I think he'll be a beast and he seems like a guy I'd love to have in Green Bay. I wouldn't be disappointed at all if he made his way here.

I don't know if I could compare him to Orakpo just because of the differences in the types of players. I guess if I had to pick one just based on my gut and who passes the eye test I'd go Cushing. I'm a little gun shy to say Orakpo because he reminds me of Gholston in a way and we all know how that worked out, so far anyways.
orakpo reminds me of ware more than gholston but dont give up on gholston just yet.. he barely got any playing time the kid will be an absolute animal just wait and see

A. Rodgers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Spanish Rose said:
NO WAY DRAFT AN OT IN THE FIRST ROUND.. thats absolutely insane.. wait till later in the draft for an ot.. for that just draft jenkins and draft olb in the second

EXACTLY my point. we need some fresh blood at CB.

NormalSizedMidget

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We'll need those CB's when they're on the field 75% of the game because we can't block up front after we lose Tauscher and then Clifton's knees give out. I can't wait for the Colledge/Barbre Spitz Wells Sitton Giacomini/Moll offensive line. That'd be pretty dominant right?

The corners we have now will suffice until next year and next year there will come another crop of CB's to be drafted but I just don't envision the same kind of OT depth again (or drafting this high).

Plus the fact that lots of scouts (not me to be honest) say Jenkins isn't fast enough to play corner and Vontae Davis, well he is Vernon Davis' brother. We took one in the 2nd round last year and he's barely been given a chance and Williams really has begun to blossom. I'm not saying you have to agree but I think it's fairly obvious if something happened to Cliffy and Mark and we don't have a legitimate backup plan for that (I.E. not Breno, Colledge, Barbre or Moll at a tackle spot) it could be a catastrophe.

Members online

Latest posts