Brett told Peppers go beat the Packers

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow Brett REALLY?

Yeah yeah yeah, I know..you hate us, and lot of fans hate you..But what about the Packer "fans" that LOVE you?

How should they re-act to you telling the Bears to beat us? Some of those fans cheered for you, and stuck by you even though they were Packer fans..

I am in shock you said this..

How about anyone else?

You shocked? upset? or more of, who cares

It's fitting the Chicago Bears had to go through Brett Favre to win the NFC North - ESPN Chicago

Peppers was one of the Bears defenders who found Favre after the game, to shake his hand and wish him well, and more actually. "I was happy Brett suited up," Peppers said.

"I figured it might be the last time I got to see him across the field from me on the opposing sideline.

Yeah, I talked to him after the game. I told him it was an honor to play against him. He said, 'Likewise. … Go beat the Packers in a couple of weeks.'"

Zeppelinelite51

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is just pathetic.. He is such an ***, it only proves what his true intentions were in coming back to spite the Packers these last three years.. Im glad he is down and out. That hit was so gratifying to watch. I hope he is done and the whole sport of football can move on. And maybe now Gruden will shut up a little more about his fantasies with Favre:viksux::chisux:

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I bet this is taken out of context, like everything else the media uses.

If not, I hope we dont even do him the honor of retiring his jersey.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
longtime, in 5 years when people start to soften their view on brett please bring this up again.

Today on the Dan Patrick show dan mentioned that maybe favre retires as a packer and signs a 1 day contract next year. Obviously dan didnt realize the majority of the feelings of packer fans. Anyways he took a call from Wi. Jim from wisconsin (not exactly just how I remember it) " Hey dan thanks for taking my call. My wife and I are lifelong packer fans and have two bottles of wine on top of the fridge. One for when brett retires. The other is for when he dies."

Zeppelinelite51

Cheesehead
Reaction score
" Hey dan thanks for taking my call. My wife and I are lifelong packer fans and have two bottles of wine on top of the fridge. One for when brett retires. The other is for when he dies."

That literally has just made my day, thank you so much

L

Lunchboxer

Well I hope Brett Favre comes back next week and gets his leg broken so he cant play football again. And he cant go on to dancing with the stars. If he does i hope he falls and breaks his other leg.

Does he want to be hated forever.

Zeck180

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All respect I had left is gone. I can't respect some one who says that, "Go beat the Packers"? WTF!!! I'm speechless really don't know what to say!

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I was honestly happy last night to be rooting for Favre again. Seriously. It hurt to be rooting for Minnesota, but I was thrilled to be able to cheer for him again.

And now I hear this. Unbelievable.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
He hates Ted Thompson so much.
Maybe so, but even an idiot knows that the fans drive this league. That's thumbing your nose at the fans who paid your salary for all these years.
Absolutely a classless hillbilly bullshoot attitude. What a shame, what we all thought was a classy blue collar guy is just an ****** after all.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IF the packers retire his number can we do it during a snow game? I cant think of a better way to show favre and his family how much I appreciate everything they have done then by pelting them with snowballs. I would gladly take the arrest for that one.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
BTW remember how the Sterger stuff was getting old? I suddenly got VERY interested in it again.

Brett texted her, and left voice mails...Married man..

Not illegal, but one might say it doesnt look good for the LEAGUE, that the main man is trying to have an affair.

I dont care what anyone says...He isnt calling her to chat, no matter what OBF says..

He was trying to get with her.... we ALL KNOW IT..

I was hoping to be at Lambeau when they retire his number but telling Peppers to beat us, no more..

IVO

Want my jersey?

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
just me arguing w/ morons.. slightly entertaining..

ESPN.com - NFL - NFL General Message Board

Judging by who you were arguing with there, its a waste of time.

The thing that I noticed is the years Favre doesn't do to well, the Bears seem to do well. Call me crazy but it seems to be true. Should we forgive the guy, maybe down the road if he says some choice words then yeah. For now he might as well of put on a Bears jersey and say "Can I join ya next?"

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I gave up posting on ESPN years ago..

Its pointless, the mods there suck, one guy can get away with so much crap but others get locked out for saying one bad word

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett's a total ****** nozzle.

Anyone remember Peppers stealing Rodgers' title belt a few weeks back?

Reaction score
Maybe so, but even an idiot knows that the fans drive this league. That's thumbing your nose at the fans who paid your salary for all these years.
Absolutely a classless hillbilly bullshoot attitude. What a shame, what we all thought was a classy blue collar guy is just an ****** after all.

With all the praise, accolades, honors, achievements and the love and respect he earned during his career from the loyal Packer fans and opposing coaches and players for so many years, as well as the media constantly annointing him as the "second coming," he would have been the last player I would have ever guessed who upon absorbing it all, would just **** everything away and not be able to handle fame with dignity. When so many of the former NFL players affiliated with the networks always said that he was "like a kid who refused to grow up because he loved the game so much," they have to be just as fooled and suckered in as the rest of us were because he has and still is, showing his immature "spoiled brat" egotistical image and obviously he didn't love the game as much as he loved and idolized himself. Truly a huge disappointment in this fan's eyes and Packer nation. Very sad situation.

Grave

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's testament to the good nature of Packer Fans to see that so many of you were still willing to give The Traitor a break until this last revelation on his sordid character.

I loved #4 until my brother called me one day and told me, "He's been calling the Vikings. He wants to play for the Vikings." That was it for me. I felt like everything I had believed about this jerk was a lie. And he's confirmed that ever since.

The Packers saved him from Atlanta, developed him, saved him from alcoholism and drug addiction and even saved his marriage a few times. We also made him the highest paid QB at one time and gave into his every wish - even that he be allowed to escape the team's training regimen and put himself above his teammates.

In return he tired to co-opt the Coach and GM, played the retirement game, wedged his way out of Green Bay to our most hated rival and tried to blame TT for it.

He'll be an ESPN suck forever and will enter the Pro Football HOF. He should go in as a Viqueen.

But the Packers should never think of retiring his number or put him in the Packer HOF. They should give that number to the punter.

It is gratifying to see so many of you seeing The Traitor for what he really is. Let's reserve our appreciation for our players who truly love the Green Bay Packers!

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
so what, didn't the packer fans only want to see the vikes lose? why is it ok for them to cheer for brett to lose and get hurt but not for brett to want them to lose. I'm sure rodgers wishes brett would lose

I saw the quote on Monday and didn't think much of it. I think had he played the Packers on Sunday, he would have said much the same to somebody else about them beating the Bears. It is common to wish luck to players after the game.

In the end though, I think he was just wishing the Bears good luck against a rival. I think if it had been the Packers instead of the Bears they played, he'd be wishing the Pack to beat the Bears.

he said that not long after suffering a concussion severe enough to cause him to "go blank for awhile" as he put it. Cutler said when he talked to him after the game, he seemed out of it.

Even in his PC, he seemed a little out of it. Shoot, he may not even remember saying it.
Some quotes from his forum

They crack me up...Yeah Rodgers wishes Brett would lose, but I think Rodgers might be smart enough not to tell anyone that might blab it.

And if he said it when "out of it" wouldnt one assume those were his true feelings?

Just a slap in the face of the Packer fans that DID love him still and rooted him to win every week unless vs the Pack..

Those fans will NEVER say a negative word towards him

GrnNGldGrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, makes me wish I never said, "Go Vikes" Last week. I guess when you're old and bitter you say that. He was prolly just upset that those darn kids are kicking balls into his yard again.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He sees himself as bigger than the Packers, bigger than the NFL for that matter.

He'll eventually deny saying this to Peppers, but anyone who still believes anything The Interceptor says should be spanked.

It will be quite some time before the Packers either induct him into our HOF or retire his number because the Packers have enough class not to place him in front of 80,000 booing fans.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts