Brett to announce...

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
... his return on fan day!!!!

At least that is my educated guess. It is based on Brett's announcement that he will attend.

I cannot see him attending fan day to face fans if the best he has to offer is, "I think I wait..."

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would laugh my *** off if Favre showed up, and went "Welcome to The Green Bay Packers Fan Fest...guys....im giving it up. Its been a blast, but its time to call it quits."

That would be such a buzzkill, id **** myself with laughter. thats like punching a little kid at the circus right in the face.

(after i was done laughing...id probably cry for hours on end realizing the A-Rod era has begun. :( )

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey.....i hadn't heard that he said he was going to be there.......but i said weeks ago, that if he showed up at Fan Fest, it would mean he was coming back, and if he did'nt announce anything by then, he was calling it quits. I don't for one SECOND think he would show up to say it's over. That would KILL Fan Fest. The Packers would NOT let him show up to say "it's over" in my view.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So far it looks just like it's a "rumor" being spread around that Favre is going to be there. I want to the Packer site, and there's no mention of him being there. So.....where did you hear this rumor?
It would be great if it's true, but i can't find any verification from a reliable source yet.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it may just be "wishful thinking" thats being passed off as "fact". I HOPE i'm wrong, but so far, there is nothing to show me there is any fact to it. I know how fast rumors can be turned into "I heard from so and so...." and before you know it, it gets around the WEB as truth.

OP
OP
B

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read it in a Milwaukee Journal/Sentinal article. I have to hit the road here now, but I will look for the source later tonight when I get back into town.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good MORNING Hedder!!!
Thats why i HOPE we can find out if he IS going to be there or not. I have been looking around, trying to find verification, but to no avail so far.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heatherthepackgirl said:
I hope they are right as well, be the greatest news!!! I to don't think Brett would go to fan fest and announce his retirement there.
I agree I don't think Brett would go there to announce his retirement.

He realizes how much of a damper that would put on things.

However, if this labor situation keeps getting dragged out and the Packers can't show their resolve to get better through free agency, he may announce his retirement afterwards.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No gopack.........we knew WELL ahead of time he was going to be there. The announcement that he was coming back to play was the "surprise".
But it was announced weeks before Fan Fest that he would be there. I know, cause i had brought along my Favre jersey, hoping to get it signed. I didn't get the "wild card" for Favre's autograph though.
Thats why i somewhat doubt that he will be there. I still haven't been able to find anything saying he will be there. I hope i'm wrong though.

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ohhhhhhhhhhh ok well I hope he comes and I could get him and antoinios autograph and then bart and mcgees autographs

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i have not heard but i hope he does come even if it is to say retirement but i dont think he would come for that i think that would be big sports news

Leelee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he'd come and say he still hadn't made up his mind. It seems to me he is not above putting a little pressure on TT to make some moves in free agency. Which could mean he'd come to Fan Fest with that message. Just my opinion!

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Leelee said:
I think he'd come and say he still hadn't made up his mind. It seems to me he is not above putting a little pressure on TT to make some moves in free agency. Which could mean he'd come to Fan Fest with that message. Just my opinion!

Well it is obvious he is putting on the showman ship to TT tried to do it to save sherman. A little pressure on TT to make a move any move

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is good news. I concur that if he does show, he'll be back to play. If he does not, he'll retire I believe. If he does retire, I'm afraid TT will blow off the Williams pick and move for another QB which will be wrong IMO. We need our D to be dominating before Brett rides his tractor off into the sunset.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gopackgo4 said:
Ohhhhhhhhhhh ok well I hope he comes and I could get him and antoinios autograph and then bart and mcgees autographs

Gopack.,.......have you heard that Max Mcgee is going to be there? If so, i had not heard that. I'd LOVE to get his autograph. He caught the first EVER TD pass in a super bowl, and was one heck of a radio announcer for the Packers with Jim Irwin.
I know Freeman is supposed to be there..........Starr would be a great one to get, for sure. I did get his on a football card, personalized to me. But i have a photo of Starr from last years Fan Fest i'd like to get signed.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts