Brett thinks Packers win it all

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
What a change in his tune? Didnt he tell Peppers to beat the Packers to keep us out of the playoffs? Now he says we will win it all?

Then says he hold no bitterness? Again he told Peppers to beat the Packers, and no bitterness?

LOL!!

Ok

Official Website of Brett Favre » News » Brett Favre thinks Packers will win it all

Also the main man David says Pack will win it all too..but also says if not for Ted they would have been back to the SB sooner

David? Didn't Brett have the chance to go, but not going wasnt his fault was all Al Harris's, right? So then you blame the defense for the Ariz loss last year?

Brett Favre thinks Packers will win it all

by Ed Werder
Source: ESPN

Jan. 17, 2011

Brett Favre may have left Green Bay three years ago, but he's still got the Packers in his heart.

"I think they will win it all! ” -- Brett Favre on the Packers in an e-mail response to ESPN's Ed Werder

In an e-mail response to ESPN's Ed Werder, Favre said Monday that the Packers are "by far" the best team left in the NFL playoffs.

"[Packers QB] Aaron [Rodgers] is the best QB and the receiving corps is the best ever, maybe," Favre said in the e-mail. "But [defensive coordinator] Dom [Capers] and the defense gets the MVP award at this stage."

Rodgers, who's emergence made Favre expendable in Green Bay before the 2008 season, led the Packers to a dominant 48-21 win over the top-seeded Falcons on Saturday.

Favre officially filed retirement papers with the league Monday after two seasons with the Minnesota Vikings and one year with the New York Jets. The 41-year old Mississippi native originally retired in 2008 after the Packers decided to go with Rodgers as their starting quarterback.

However, Favre decided he wanted to return later in the year and was eventually traded to the Jets.

But Favre insisted he holds no grudges against the organization he was with for 16 seasons. (yet wanted the Bears to beat them)

"There is no bitterness. I'm happy for them (yet wanted the Bears to beat them)and very happy and content with my legacy," Favre told Werder.

Favre again chose to retire after the 2008 season, but signed with the rival Vikings in August 2009. Favre's decision alienated many of those Packers fans who once cheered his Lambeau Field heroics.

Still, Favre thinks this is the year for Green Bay to win its first Super Bowl since Favre and the Packers beat the New England Patriots in 1998 in Super Bowl XXXI.

"I think they will win it all! I hope they do, if you are wondering," Favre said in the e-mail

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
bretts sucking up cuz he is finally retiring and wants to be remembered as a packer great not a *********

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone notice this in the statement issued on his OFFICIAL WEB SITE

The 41-year old Mississippi native originally retired in 2008 after the Packers decided to go with Rodgers as their starting quarterback.

I'm not trying to start anything, but isnt that an odd way of phrasing it?

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I think I puked in my mouth a little bit. What a hypocrite. You first tell a Bears player to beat us and keep us out of the playoffs, and now you acting all "I hope they make it" B.S.

I'll believe Farve really wants to mend the burned bridges when he calls TT and asks to be signed to a one day contract (like Ahman Green) so he can RETIRE a Packer. Then I'll believe him.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Seriously he can NOT let the Packers have any limelight..
Just earlier today submitting retirement papers (again)
and now this?
Hmmm what will be the big announcement next Monday?!? :wacko:

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I am counting this as against the Packers, its like the kiss of death :( Maybe Favre is our newest bandwagon fan.

TomHQ

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre Attempting A Comeback

The news circulated that Brett Favre filed his retirement papers on Monday.

It drew cynicism and the NFP’s Andrew Brandt took an insightful look at severance pay that could be coming Favre’s way in the future.

Don’t look now, though, but Favre is already mounting a comeback. No, we don’t expect him to come out of retirement and throw passes for a 21st season. But Favre is trying to make a comeback with Green Bay Packers fans, the organization that he will always be most connected with after one season with the New York Jets and two with the Minnesota Vikings.

Credit Judd Zulgad of the Minneapolis Star Tribune with picking up on the man’s intentions quickly.

Per the report, Favre e-mailed Ed Werder of ESPN and told him the Packers are “by far” the best team remaining in the playoffs.

“(Packers quarterback) Aaron (Rodgers) is the best QB and the receiving corps is the best ever, maybe," Favre said in the e-mail. "But (defensive coordinator) Dom (Capers) and the defense gets the MVP award at this stage.

“There is no bitterness. I'm happy for (the Packers) and very happy and content with my legacy. I think they will win it all! I hope they do, if you are wondering.”

It was a calculated move by Favre, who was once offered a personal services contract by the Packers. Perhaps there isn’t one of those in his future, but eventually he’ll be back in the hearts of Packers fans. Now, it’s a question of when they have the ceremony to retire No. 4’s jersey.

Source: Favre attempting a comeback | National Football Post
Strike anyone else as strange?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the same guy who either tried to or successfully cheated on his wife.
Why should anyone trust him?

And let's not forget this is the same guy who went to a rival team to stick it to the Pack. (Also told Detroit their secrets.)
I don't think his intentions are true on this one either.

Maybe he wants to join the Packers for the SB as a back up QB so he can get another ring? Just like Jim McMahon of the Bears did with the Pack.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Now that time has passed and I've had a chance to think about the Peppers thing I've come to the conclusion that it was just common courtesy worded wrong. Basically him wishing Peppers luck. That might just be the optimist in me though, because unlike a lot of you I want to like Brett again.

As far as this goes, I'm hoping that not playing the last month gave Brett time to sit and reflect. And I'm hoping that reflection has allowed him to finally forgive and move past what happened in the end with Green Bay and allowed him to now focus more on the many, many good times he had here, because there was a bunch of them.

I think he's sincere. But again, I might be seeing what I want to see here.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Brett's a liar. Many Packer fans have been saying so for the past 3 years. So why shoule we believe him on this. Don't trust him, anything he says is a lie.

Members online

Latest posts