Brett on breaking Marino's record

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is what Brett said:

"I might be the only one who really does not care," he said. "If I get it, great, but I'd much rather win. I've played some games here where I've played pretty well and we lost. The whole time I was thinking about that today — one more first down, one more touchdown."

In this "Me me me " Nfl today, this is why Brett is so well respected all around the NFL.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett has always been a win first guy, but don't kid yourself, he wants that record. He's played long enough and done enough that he's going to want to get and hold that record for awhile. He probably won't have it long because Payton Manning is going to break all the passing records. I hope Brett gets every record he's looking for, but first and foremost, let's win.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thats why Brett is so popular/special, he dont care about the statistics/records, he wants to play and win each game....everytime he throws a touchdown I have tears in my game literally, because each one now that he makes maybe his last...

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well here are some stats:

87 more completions needed for the completions record(4 more games?)
5 more wins ties the wins as starting QB record(I think next this will be broken).
5452 yards for the passing yardage record. At 237 yards a game it will be broken at the end of 07 season (23 more games).

The 08 season should pad all those records.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not to Brett but has anyone ever said a record is important. Just once I'd like an athelete to say "Screw the team I need that record" LOL
Wait maybe TO has said it!

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL, cdn!!! :D

i'd think in the back of brett's mind, he'd be wanting at least a few of those records. he's worked his *** off & i hope he breaks ALL of little danny's records!

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do believe atheletes when they say the records will mean a lot more 10 years after they retire and look back. I think we can dwell on it more but for a guy like Brett whose working his tail off to lead this team, he probably doesn't have the time during the year to always check how his stats are doing. In 10 years he'll love to be able to show his kids that at least for a while he was the king.

BlueMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of all the records, the one that would have to be most important to a guy like Favre is career wins. It's a shame the team was so weak last year, because he'd already have that one under his belt.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not to Brett but has anyone ever said a record is important. Just once I'd like an athelete to say "Screw the team I need that record" LOL
Wait maybe TO has said it!

didn't TO say that about the dropped pass record?