Brett has OFFICIALLY screwed GB over..IF he retires

Status
Not open for further replies.

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just heard on Mike and Mike in the morning that Favre had a 45 mn talk yesterday. No decision yet. You know, I like Favre, think he's an excellent player, a nice guy, and one of the best quarterbacks in the league. However, I am getting thoroughly upset with this cat and mouse game he seems to be playing with our beloved Pack. How long does it take someone to make up their mind? It is a very important time of the year. I know I said earlier to leave Brett alone, but now is the time he better make up his mind.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
carol k said:
I just heard on Mike and Mike in the morning that Favre had a 45 mn talk yesterday. No decision yet. You know, I like Favre, think he's an excellent player, a nice guy, and one of the best quarterbacks in the league. However, I am getting thoroughly upset with this cat and mouse game he seems to be playing with our beloved Pack. How long does it take someone to make up their mind? It is a very important time of the year. I know I said earlier to leave Brett alone, but now is the time he better make up his mind.

Carol: I love and respect you. But the answer to your question is very complex. When I stopped playing football, I went back and forth right up to the last moment. The night before I finally decided, I thought I would return.

It is hard to give up something you have done your whole life and even harder when it is something you really love.

Like you I wish Brett would make up his mind, but I certainly understand what he is going through and respect his right to take as much time as he needs to do so.

Brett is also in a very unique position. Very few players can play as long as Brett has and have 100% control over making the decision. Most have to face injuries and/or declining skills, pressures from management and younger players competing hard for their positions. Add to that most are not Icons that are under such scrutiny and pressure to decide.

Most retirements are not greeted with a microphone shoved in your face and your phone constantly ringing off the hook with, "when will you retire?' "have you decided yet?" "how will you know when?" "how can you be sure?" "Have you made up your mind yet?"

The fact that it is BIG news that the coach called him should put things into perspective.

krd005

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like TT would spend money on a top QB anyway. What gives you the indication he would? I seem to get the feeling that he is willing to struggle now for 3 yrs in the future.

Brett owes GB, you and me nothing. He paid us back by playing the game the way he plays it.

I seem to think that all the people that want him to make a decision now have no idea what it's like in those shoes. Unless you have ever played a competetive sport at a high level I'm afraid you don't. It's the guys life we're talking about! Give him a break.

TT wanted Rogers for a reason. If he is the man people thinks he is then we'll be ok. Otherwise it's the 70's all over again.

There are so many other issues to worry about instead of Brett!

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Mortensen on ESPN said...

"Rumor is that Brett Favre is "got the itch" to play again...but is waiting to see if it will be "scratched" by the Packers and TT by ANY moves in FA"....

I guess none of you here ever played your heart out on a team that just out and out SUCKED...(It's not a good feeling...and I don't blame Favre for not wanting to do it again...)

Harlan and Sherman squandered the last 6 years of his career...and I don't blame #4 for not wanting to go through that again....He's earned the right to have some expectations met on the part of the Packer organization, and TT is acting like he's in a "pissing match" with #4 or something....because he's a control freak and he wants it done "his way".....

That is why I believe TT is trying to force FAvre's hand and make him retire. That is why you see little to NO activity from that SLUG TT....

(and Bruce..you are right...the Public feeds off of these famous superstars like Favre and Sanders...but too much is never enough....they are like blood-sucking leeches...)

But they will learn if Favre does retire...and they see how horrible it's going to be with Aaron Rodgers....or some 2nd level QB like Kitna, Collins..etc..

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WOW....go away from your computer for one night and look what you miss. What a shock trom hates Brett and thinks he has officially screwed the Packers.

Here is the deal trom.....like I said a week ago. Brett has basically told TT and MM that he wants to come back. "I'd like to wait til after free agency and the draft to see what the team does". Doesn't that tell you he wants to come back.....but live through it. How has TT responded to this? By not being available to meet with free agents half this week? Is he trying to tell Brett something?

You tell Brett F___ing retire already. Well Brett can wait all offseason. The real issue is if TT wants him or not. If he can't wait then....F----ing cut him already. TT may not want him back but he certainly doesn't have the balls to cut Brett Favre. TT may not want him back because like it or not Brett Favre is the face of the Packers. He is bigger than the GM. Live with it.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4packgirl said:
Bruce said:
How any one could resent Barry Sanders -- who may have been the greatest RB to have ever played the game (certainly the most fun to watch) is so far beyond me???

Talk about narcissism -- Barry always played hard and gave fans more than their money's worth. But fans sense of entitlement that he owed them playing beyond when he decided it was time to retire is so over the top it is unbelieveable.

Well, I guess you can write that off to them being lowly Lion's fans -- no self-respecting Packers fan would ever be so egomaniacal and parsimonious in regards to one of their all-time greats...

What was the theme of this thread again???? Oh yeah, but I did qualify it by saying self-respecting Packer fan.

did i say anything about resentment?? i thought it sucked for the fans because it was like they didn't get a chance to thank him or say goodbye. that may sound silly to a person of your intelligence level so please accept my apologies.

Please accept my apology. That was not directed at you, rather at those that are ranting and venting about Brett Favre and ungrateful Lion's fans. I picked your post to respond to only because it was the last one I read.

You said nothing about resentment and I did not assume that is what you meant. So again, please accept my apology -- I was not clear, and you did nothing to deserve any type of shot or put down.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hello Buckeye wellcome to the "you are an idiot" "you are so stupid" club from TT-romadz...

Well after I see all this stuff I will never see any talk show again, this is way better.

After I see all of this I fell honored to by in that club if I am called names by TT-romadz, and I will fell very bad If I am ever called stupid or idiot by Bruce, Winni, Buckeye, 66, etc...

To me Brett is entitled to walk away as of today and I will still love the guy, he gave everything to this franchise, and as of today I will put most of the blame for his retirement on the way TT has handled the team, you cannot be so Thigtwad if you want to compite, you must take the risk at least on ONE move, signing a second string safety and a world unknown WR wha has 0 cathces, 0 yards and 0 td in the NFL and have spent a couple of his last 4 years out due to injuries would not light the fire of #4 enough to make him come back for at least one more year..

I really find it funny though that mr TT-romdz thinks that everyone must share his opinions and feels entitled to name calling... je,je,je,

Thans TT-romadz you make my day begin with a big smyle !!!!

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:locked:

This thread it so far off topic and become a let's talk crap about other members-athon that I can't even read the thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts