Brett Favre - Surgery

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Link please??

Chris Mortensen / son reported it on NFL Live about half hour ago.

If there was a link, I'd have provided it. Unfortunately, as of now, I don't believe its been reported via newspapers yet.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just heard mort say it as well he. He said he was going back home to talk over his decision.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Link please??

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=547921
Favre's ankle surgery postponed
By TOM SILVERSTEIN
[email protected]
Posted: Jan. 1, 2007

Green Bay - As they cleaned out their lockers Monday morning, most Green Bay Packers players were under the assumption quarterback Brett Favre was getting ready to have his left ankle operated on.

It turned out that they were wrong.

The surgery was postponed, according to a club spokesman. No further information was given, so it's unclear if the surgery would be rescheduled this week.

Favre said after the Packers' 26-7 victory over the Chicago Bears at Soldier Field on Sunday night that he expected to have the ankle repaired in Green Bay on Monday. Team physician Patrick McKenzie was expected to perform the operation, which is being done to remove bone fragments that are causing him pain.

However, general manager Ted Thompson and Packers coach Mike McCarthy both said after the game that surgery was only tentatively scheduled for Monday and that it could occur in the next couple of days.

So it may not be significant that it didn't take place when Favre said it would, especially given it was New Year's Day and the team's medical staff was busy giving exit physicals to the players.

After the game Sunday, Favre's wife, Deanna, told WTMJ-TV that she and McKenzie have been pushing hard for Favre to have the surgery so that he can once and for all get rid of the pain that bothers him mostly in the off-season and during practice. She said regardless of whether Favre decides to retire, he needs the surgery.

"This ankle surgery, he needed to do four years ago," she said. "It's really bad; he needs this (the ankle pain) to be over."

Favre was not available for comment Monday, but many of his teammates said Favre was in a good mood on the trip home from Chicago, hours after getting teary-eyed during a nationally broadcast interview with NBC. No one in the locker room said they had heard whether Favre had made a decision about his future, and most said they thought he was still undecided.

"I don't know what he's going to do," center Scott Wells told reporters. "We'll probably find out at the same time y'all do. He hasn't given any indication one way or another to anyone else. We'll see."

Deanna Favre said she did not see her husband break down during the NBC interview but was aware he was very emotional as he left the field. However, she insisted that no decision had been made about his future and that she expected it to be a difficult choice for him.

She said Favre was torn between playing the game he loves and spending more time with his family, especially daughter Brittany, who has been attending high school in Mississippi and will be going off to college in the fall. The only time Favre gets to see Brittany during the football season is when she attends games.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
So much for he is going to do it right away to see how it feels?

not sure why he postponed it...

on the other forum they arent to sure what happened

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read that he put off having surgery because he thought the best place to rehab was in GreenBay and all he wanted to do was go home to Mississippi to spend time with his family. This was in an article I came across.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I read that he put off having surgery because he thought the best place to rehab was in GreenBay and all he wanted to do was go home to Mississippi to spend time with his family. This was in an article I came across.

and the authors name is David

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i hate speculating (because i usually read WAY too much into things) but i took his desire to get the surgery right away as a sign that he might come back. i wonder when (or if) he will get it. He has said that the 3 hours on sunday is the easy part, the hard part is during the week, and the offseason. i hoped this surgery would help him feel better in order to keep playing.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Brett Favre is totally burned out and is more than likely on the verge of announcing his retirment. I thought he did that already when he talked to that chick right after the game and then had second thoughts when he got in the locker room. He looks to me like a man that has had enough. He knows he can still play but just doesn't want too.

I also believe he will regret his decision if he retires. He going to regret not getting those significant records.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
as heather stated..Brett sat down with his pilot David for 2 hours and said he wanted to rehab in greenbay but wanted to spend time with his family 1st..

This surgery has been delayed for many years, which tells me so to delay it again isnt a big deal...

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heatherthepackgirl said:

Who is David??? I read many articles at work one day when I was bored, if I can find it again I will..

And LT dont speculate where I got this information from unless you know it to be true.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
Heatherthepackgirl said:

Who is David??? I read many articles at work one day when I was bored, if I can find it again I will..

And LT dont speculate where I got this information from unless you know it to be true.

OHHHHH now I know who David is, and NO it wasnt from that site I havent been there since being banned for no reason.
Well I take that back along time ago I was on there cause a friend of mine told me to take a look at what some were posting about me so I went back on to say my peace..I thought how dare someone talk about me when I no longer post there and then say untruths as well...Cheesy, packgirl and Trip know what happened and needless to say we dont have those problems here on this site cause Ryan is a decent guy and so are the moderators...Okay sorry to bother all the readers on here but wanted to state my case. Done speaking on the subject...

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Leave the crap from other sites off of this one. If Heather knows the source of where she got her info I'm sure she is capable of posting it. The last thing I want here is stuff carrying over from other sites to ours and people putting words in eachothers mouthes.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre was too hungover to have surgery

His liver enzymes were probably effed up from drinking too much. Can;t have surgery after partying. u got to be NPO for 24 hours.